No announcement yet.

How is this guy a legend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    He was still in his early 20s during that time and still learning, not 33 with over 350 amateur/pro fights.
    I've already gone over it with him. He is just trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
      Never moved up, and didn't fight for a title until his 50th fight, didn't win a championship until his 54th fight.

How is this even possible to call a guy like this legendary? In his 45th fight, he fought a guy with 38 losses. In his 39th fight he fought a guy with 11 wins and 26 losses. In his 38th fight, he fought a guy with just 11 fights. In his 35th fight, he fought a guy with one single fight, a loss.
      not moving up did not diminish marvin's accomplishment...

he is a true warrior, in every sense of the word....

try reviewing his epic fights...

i won't say against who? you should know by now..

Comment

Some people know nothing about boxing.
        Hagler was one of the best 160 fighters ever!
        He never was stopped and was only knocked down once.

Have you even watched the Hearns fight? The 1st round is one the best rounds ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
          He's one of the four horsemen, that's why.
          Five. Never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
            A guy that is considered one of the best 135 pounders ever was in a great fight with a MW? Damn! Legend!
            Fat old middleweight Duran would beat the living hell out of everyone at middleweight besides maybe Golovkin. And I certainly wouldn't count him out against Golovkin.

Comment

Very solid resume and passes the eye test. He is an all-time great.

The problem is that people have become too into playing the stat game, but have very little knowledge of the fighters, scene and culture of those before them.

When you actually analyze the film available from let's say '76 til the end of his career it becomes abundantly clear why he is rated and regarded so highly.

Comment

So why is he given such a pass for his record up until he was a champion? Would you a have been saying after fight 35, "he really needs to fight someone elite, or move up already, the division is weak".

I see your double standards, and I stomp on them.

If you wanna say people avoided Hagler, fine. I agree. But just be consistent when you assess GGGs career, because it's the same thing going on.

Comment

I'm confused how anyone wouldn't consider him as a legend
                  He had some mismatches but so does every other boxer and I don't think it matters when he had those bad match ups, Marvin not only fought a fan pleasing style but he also beat a lot of the top guys doing it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                    So why is he given such a pass for his record up until he was a champion? Would you a have been saying after fight 35, "he really needs to fight someone elite, or move up already, the division is weak".

I see your double standards, and I stomp on them.

If you wanna say people avoided Hagler, fine. I agree. But just be consistent when you assess GGGs career, because it's the same thing going on.
                    You've got a point there now I get exactly where you're coming from.

That's them being idiots though we all know that.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      But you do see Pacquiao and De La Hoya among them? The fact they both got sonned by Floyd only makes this funnier.
                      Pacquiao maybe but definitely not DLH. DLH is not a legend.

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
                      the dumbest thread ever??

mr spastastic cant even talk about boxing without bringing up race in one way or another
                      Race/Flags has a lot to do with boxing. It even changes people's thoughts on a boxer. It sucks but it's true. If I see it a lot with the so called hardcores on here, imagine the casuals?

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                      nobody in this thread said he was... you are just jumping to conclusions.
                      "Legend"

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Fat old middleweight Duran would beat the living hell out of everyone at middleweight besides maybe Golovkin. And I certainly wouldn't count him out against Golovkin.
                      Maybe, maybe not. Fantasy fights shouldn't make a boxer greater though. I think Oscar beats some of these ATGs people admire around here. That doesn't mean he's greater than them.

Comment

Working...
                      X