No announcement yet.

How is this guy a legend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
    No it's not. You guys just get all sensitive when a black boxer is criticized for the same thing you guys criticize someone for like GGG/DLH.
    I don't even like Hagler. **** off.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      That he came from fighting for nothing, fought the system multiple times, always got the bad end of the stick and ended up as the greatest middleweight champion since Monzon. Beat Duran in a great fight, beat Hearns in a great great great fight, almost beat Leonard, undefeated Mugabi. His story in general and his persona.

How is he not a legend?
      A guy that is considered one of the best 135 pounders ever was in a great fight with a MW? Damn! Legend!

Comment

Hagler is far from a legend. He's exciting to watch though.
        wtf???

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
          I don't even like Hagler. **** off.
          Hagler>>>>Floyd cause Fuck Floyd.

Comment

No it's not. You guys just get all sensitive when a black boxer is criticized for the same thing you guys criticize someone for like GGG/DLH.
            Don't try to pass off Golovkin's garbage ass resume by slipping in Oscar's. Just Oscars cocaine and hookers resume alone pisses all over Golovkin's entire career.
            Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 10-20-2015, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Hagler>>>>Floyd cause Fuck Floyd.
              116-112
              115-113
              113-115

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                Don't try to pass off Golovkin's garbage ass resume by slipping in Oscar's. Oscars cocaine and hookers resume pisses all over Golovkin's entire career.
                And can you tell me what this "legend" did his first 10 years as a pro? Besides accounting 2 losses in the process.

Comment

And can you tell me what this "legend" did his first 10 years as a pro? Besides accounting 2 losses in the process.
                  Bennie Briscoe would be the best name on GGG's resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    That title meant nothing until after Hagler retired. No way he was giving up the second most prestigious title in boxing to pursue it.

You would benefit greatly from some boxing history lessons. You have no idea what you are talking about.
                    I came to say this.

Scott beat me to it. Word for word.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                      Never moved up, and didn't fight for a title until his 50th fight, didn't win a championship until his 54th fight.

How is this even possible to call a guy like this legendary? In his 45th fight, he fought a guy with 38 losses. In his 39th fight he fought a guy with 11 wins and 26 losses. In his 38th fight, he fought a guy with just 11 fights. In his 35th fight, he fought a guy with one single fight, a loss.
                      Boxrec is a hell of a website, huh?

Comment

Working...
                      X