Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is this guy a legend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being undisputed middleweight champion means everything to Golovkin. So why are so many people insistent that he needs to move up?
    Because Able talks to much and has brought unnecessary, negative attention to their camp. I have no problem with GGG staying at 160lb and fighting people his own size....

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
      If there were so many good fighters, why was he facing a guy who was 0-1 in his 35th fight? I can't even imagine the amount of flak GGG would get if his next fight is against a guy who is 0-1. Even after his 35th fight, it was 15 more before he finally got a chance. What you dudes fail to realize is that their situations are quite similar, except GGG wasn't fighting guys who had one fight, or 26 losses. GGG is fighting top ten middleweights and you dudes are saying he needs to move up because the division is weak. How come it's not, he's just that good?
      Have you not read the posts or are you intentionally being ******ed?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Well you clearly know very little about Marvin Hagler. The legend.
        You will support any rubbish w/o reference to actual facts...

I already told you Hagler is merely a rudimentary and aborted version of
        canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post

canelo.
          And it's already been established you've got a form of tunnel vision where you don't actually know what skill is and just make **** up as you go along, no one actually gives a **** about anything you write because it's nonsense.

Comment

canelo.
            And I should take your opinion seriously why?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              Bennie Briscoe would be the best name on GGG's resume.
              Benny Briscoe could fight.........

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
              So why is he given such a pass for his record up until he was a champion? Would you a have been saying after fight 35, "he really needs to fight someone elite, or move up already, the division is weak".

I see your double standards, and I stomp on them.

If you wanna say people avoided Hagler, fine. I agree. But just be consistent when you assess GGGs career, because it's the same thing going on.
              Back then the two ring circus had only recently been watered down to a three ring circus. To me it seemed that the older champions were proud to win the title and battle holding that title as long as they could. Guys stayed in their divisions and cleaned house or they were ousted from their thrones. Today we have 5-6 ringed circuses, along with the 18 divisions, making it seemingly impossible to reign supreme with all of the titles united. Thus, the fighters take the next best thing, a fine payday, and they move up or down in weight to get the money. Now all of the fighters are jumping weight and it has just become the latest fad. Run around seeing how many hand picked title belts you can pick up, in whatever weight class.

Makes a guy wish that he lived in the olden days where if a fighter wanted to win the title there was only one man to see, the legitimate 'champion' of the world/division..........

One world/ one champ
              Last edited by Rockin'; 10-21-2015, 06:25 AM.

Comment

canelo.
                Hagler would have wiped his ass with Canelo, folded him over and wiped twice just to be sure..........

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
                  for a long time it was a dead division where it was considered that people 'hid' from middle or light heavy.
                  It was never considered that.

It merely wasnt a legitimate division until after Hagler retired.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    I don't know. I'm not saying that so you're barking up the wrong tree.

But maybe it's because SMW didn't mean jack squat then and there was plenty of good fighters for Hagler to fight at MW then, more so than who there is for GGG to fight at MW now.
                    Do you really think the SMW means much now?
                    Now Ward has left it looks like a very, very weak division much weaker than MW tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                      Do you really think the SMW means much now?
                      Now Ward has left it looks like a very, very weak division much weaker than MW tbh.
                      Has Ward left officially? I mean, we all know he hasn't been there for years, but still.

The SMW division is better than MW, that much is for sure. Degale, Jack, Abraham, Stieglitz, Ramirez, Groves, Dirrell brothers, Bute, Fedor Chudinov looks decent and you have guys like Callum Smith coming up.

But as I said, GGG is well within his rights to stay at MW especially as he's not a SMW.

Comment

Working...
                      X