No announcement yet.

How is this guy a legend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
    So what you're saying is, the other best middleweights of Haglers time were willing to fight him? Oh, ok.

Are the other best middleweights of Golovkins time willing to fight him?

Oh.

I see.

Yea, that seems to be the one huge and glaring difference. No?

But yea, Hearns and Duran. Isn't that the equivalent of Floyd, Canelo or Cotto?

I might have misunderstood you but I don't see what GGG or Mayweather have to do with Hagler. He's great because dominated a good middleweight era and beat two ATGs (and came very close to beating a third).

I think GGG is a lot better than his detractors think. His performance against Lemieux was masterful. However I think that Antuofermo, Minter, Hamsho and Mugabi are better than Macklin, Murray or Lemieux. So, when judging Hagler we see two things. He dominated the division (as GGG is doing). He did it for a long time (7 years) and he beat better opponents. Can GGG dominate the middleweight division for 7 years. Yes. I think he can. Will GGG have big names on his resume. We'll see what Canelo and Cotto do. Will GGG unify the middleweight division? Given an opportunity to fight the other belt holders yes I think he will.

It's a shame that GGG didn't fight Martinez (I think GGG would have beaten a healthy Martinez.) It's a shame that Quillen didn't fight GGG. But there it is. GGG's troubles in getting opponents to fight him doesn't detract from Hagler.

Hagler deserves his props. Watch his fights. He was a great fighter.

Comment

Working...
    X