Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[real talk]its not that hard to determine who the real p5p #1 is when using logic,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
    unlikely,,if ward was a WW he would school pac just like TBE did

i seriously dont understand how pac fanboys dont see that hes not good with movement and technical boxers
    What I saw was Pacquiao out landing Floyd with meaningful shots. He looked sloppier because FM knows how to make his opponent look bad; but honestly, just because Floyd appeared more in control, people more readily believed that he was more effective. What also played into the fight was preconceived notions.

Comment

Ward is doing the most? On what planet? Anyway, this guys doesn't even know the meaning of p4p, because if we go back to basics, p4p is about ranking a guy, irrespective of weight, who would beat anyone else out there. Now we can live in fantasy land and talk about a guy like Ward with such and such potential or skill set or talent but where's the empirical evidence he can beat the best? His last top opponent was almost 4 years ago.

On the base, historical assumption of p4p, guys like Pacquiao, Kovalev and Wlad are the claimants to the no. 1 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Showtime.. View Post
        What I saw was Pacquiao out landing Floyd with meaningful shots. He looked sloppier because FM knows how to make his opponent look bad; but honestly, just because Floyd appeared more in control, people more readily believed that he was more effective. What also played into the fight was preconceived notions.
        Watch it again.

Comment

Looooooooooool.

Comment

the better the fighters u beat (resume)determine if u are the best fighter in the world......buts its also what your doing at present time combined,for instance roy jones has a great resume but would never be considered p4p #1 or close to it
            roy jones was the number one p4p fighter in his prime

Comment

Comment

Yeah Andre Ward sure is doing the most, lol....

P4P #1 should be Wlad...10 years undefeated and beat all his #1 over all that time and never ducked one guy...

Ward is the best fighter in the world but he hasn't done anything in years and honestly his resume is Froch and Kessler, that's it..beating a shot,drained Dawson don't mean anything to me honestly.

It's all opinion anyway..if they all were the same size who would be the best fighter? I think Ward,Gonzalez,Kovalev,Pac, are all great fighters...

Comment

the requisite for #1 has never changed in the entire histoyr of the sport,and it never will.

its about which (non retired) fighter currently has the best resume and is doing the most,its really that simple

so now,it is up to us (the fans) to determine which non retired boxer has the best resume and isnt looking like he will lose anytime soon,

to me,that is easily confined to none other then andre ward,but i aint mad atcha if u have pacuqioa #1,especially after he beat khans butt

2 fights in about 24 months against Paul Smith and Edwin Rodriguez. Can't even seem to find himself a spot on his first undercard appearance because he wants to fight an opponent so bad that HBO can't stomach it. He's too big to fight at 168 anymore but wants to fight a guy that just easily made the 160 pound limit instead of fighting someone in the top 50 at LHW. Ward doesn't deserve to be in the top 10 P4P let alone P4P#1 because he hasn't had a meaningful fight since 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post

P4P #1 should be Wlad...10 years undefeated and beat all his #1 over all that time and never ducked one guy...

Ward is the best fighter in the world but he hasn't done anything in years and honestly his resume is Froch and Kessler, that's it..beating a shot,drained Dawson don't mean anything to me honestly.

It's all opinion anyway..if they all were the same size who would be the best fighter? I think Ward,Gonzalez,Kovalev,Pac, are all great fighters...
                    Yeah, Wlad deserves more credit for his accomplishments imo. The guy is the most dominant fighter in his division and has been for years. Wlad, Gonzalez or Kovalev are definitely far more deserving than the aforementioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post

i get the argument for wlad for sure it all just comes down to how you view a p4p list. these days its more political and network pushed depending which list you look at. it used to just mean who was the best overall fighter period its not so much that anymore. But there is a reason people dont agree on p4p lists its because they dont even see the formula for deciding the same

Comment

Working...
                      X