No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson Will Take 50-50 on Kovalev, Networks To Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Their annual boxing budget is 30m, and I can't think of one fight they bankrolled for over 3m. I agree they'll easily outlast PBC, because of their responsible spending stance, which precludes trying to beat Haymon on purse bids.
    Exactly HBO is not dumb and will not let Haymon try to readjust the market. When people say HBO won't pay the purse bid what you mean is HBO will not get into a bidding war with Haymon and pay double to triple more then the fight is actually worth. That's just dumb business. PBC is going to go bankrupt when Haymon runs out of all his investors money. They are losing multimillions every card and getting weak tv ratings are a reward. HBO will be here 10-20 years from now. PBC is not guaranteed to be here after next year with the loses they are occurring.

Comment

• Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
      I know what lineal means. It also means **** when you just have one belt. Much better to have all of them and be the lineal champ.
      The lineal title trumps any and all paper alphabet titles...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
        The lineal title trumps any and all paper alphabet titles...
        And resume trumps both

Yikes

Comment

• Originally posted by King_ View Post
          And resume trumps both

Yikes
          You must have Asperger's. Kovalev is the better fighter. I want to see Kovalev crowned. HBO is preventing it. Sit down b*tchboy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
            Lol. Worse ratings and worse pay, Haymon doe.
            What are you talking about? Stevenson's last fight was seen by 1.8 million people. More than any Kovalev fight. And that Fonfara fight alone paid more than HBO's original offer to fight Kovalev.

Comment

• Stevenson is literally becoming irrelevant despite his "lineal" status. You can only play this game if you're a Floyd Mayweather superstar type.

Now, he can enjoy 2 more years tops of Title defenses (he is almost 40 isn't he) before somebody knocks his block off. The guy with the three belts has taken your 'recognized champion' status by default.

Comment

• So in other words you don't want the fight. I mean hell at this point EVERYONE on this board knows that HBO will not allow their fighter to go fight on Showtime/CBS/ESPN. You as a business person wouldn't either. One man has ties to a network the other does not. It's not rocket science. Kovalev can't tell HBO no let me have this fight where ever it happens. He ain't Pacquaio.

Comment

• Does it really matter? Most people believe Kovalev is the better fighter and is the man of the division. It isn't on Kovalev to make this fight, it's on Stevensons team. Until Stevenson steps up the plate he will never get the same amount of attention as Kovalev.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    What are you talking about? Stevenson's last fight was seen by 1.8 million people. More than any Kovalev fight. And that Fonfara fight alone paid more than HBO's original offer to fight Kovalev.
                    1.8m is pretty crappy for network TV, though not in comparison to some of the other PBC shows. He also failed to draw 5k, which is quite an accomplishment in Quebec.

Bet he would have made way more for Kovalev, since the network license fee is just a fraction of what these Canadians make, see Lemieux NDam or even Kovalev Pascal.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrP4P View Post
                      You cant be serious. Thats not what its about. These are prize fighters.. can we all remember that for a second. Very few fighters are fighting for legacy or entertainment, they are trying to make as much money as the can.
                      Wow, dude! I appreciate you pointing that out because I thought that prize fighting meant that they were fighting for carnival prizes. Like huge over-sized teddy bears and Led Zeppelin mirrors. Thanks again!!

Comment

Working...
                      X