No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson Will Take 50-50 on Kovalev, Networks To Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
    Tell that to Stevenson. 2 years ago he was one of the most talked about fighters in the game.

Look where is he now.

Long live Al Haymon
    So true the one point that is over looked is prior to getting in bed with Haymon Stevenson was putting up big tv ratings on HBO and well respected and locked up to fight a huge fight with Kovalev. Now he ducked Hopkins and Kovalev pulls in dreadful attendance in fights in his own backyard. Meanwhile Kovalev beats Hopkins and Pascal his fanbase is growing not dwindling like Stevenson. Stevenson has not made anywhere near the money that has been put on the table to fight either Kovalev or Hopkins. And he's pushing 40. Haymon is ruining this man's career.

Comment

• Originally posted by R-C View Post
      Didn't Stevenson ducked Hopkins too? or what was the excuse on that one?
      Since he left HBO, Stevenson ducked Kovalev to begin with; because that's why he left in the first place. Then Stevenson ducked Hopkins and Pascal. All three of them are fighting on HBO.

Now about the purse bid.

Sometimes, the promoters of each fighter attempt to compromise the purse amount and split, the TV channel for the fight, a.s.o., until they reach an agreement...
      But if no compromise can be reached, then the sanctioning body in charge of the bout (i.e. WBC) eventually calls for a purse bid.

What do we know in this particular case: Yvon Michel's GYM is acting as Stevenson's "promoter"... And what Michel is telling us in the article above?
      Michel is telling us that he agreed on the 50-50 purse bid, but not on the TV network supposed to air the fight or on the purse due amount (which, I suspect, he didn't even disclose). OK... Now Yvon Michel doesn't tell us what purse he has in mind for his fighter in this particular fight, righ? Michel only says that he is ready to let networks to bid, right? Therefore Michel is confident that the winning bid would fulfill his expectations, right? Namely Showtime's bid (which offer I suspect that he knows already)... and if another network has a higher bid it would be more than OK, right?

So things are as simple as that...

Now: in case Duva has a flamboyant Russian bidder, she better call him next to her asap. But if she doesn't, she doesn't.

Anything else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
        He agreed to 500k because he wanted the fight to be done because he knew beating B-Hop would get him bigger purses in the future fights.

Judging by how much he got for the Pascal fight, he was right.
        Really?

How much did Kovalev get to knock over that TOMATO CAN last Saturday?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
          If Haymon and Stevenson really thought they could win the fight why would money be an issue??
          You cant be serious. Thats not what its about. These are prize fighters.. can we all remember that for a second. Very few fighters are fighting for legacy or entertainment, they are trying to make as much money as the can.

Comment

• Originally posted by King_ View Post
            I feel like every one of your recent posts features a tremendous amount of irony

Here's another one of these asslickers. Openly begs people to buy Ducklovkin's PPV. Can't sleep at night after his favorite fighter has been exposed as a coward. Pretends to be American, fellates every Soviet fighter in boxing.

Kovalev, Klitschko are great fighters. The rest haven't fought a soul.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Here's another one of these classic asslickers. Same agenda, every thread. Does your unemployed ass own HBO stock? Sucking off a TV network like your life depended on it. ****ing b*tchboy.
              Anytime someone throws some facts your way, you explode in butthurt. You're worthless.

Comment

• Maximizing the fighters purses by having a bid makes sense. That being said one part has nixed that option and consequently the fight is not about to get made any time soon.

I think Stevenson, given his age, comes out as the real life loser here. He doesn't get the defining fights, he doesn't get the recognition and he doesn't get paid the big purse. Kovalev will continue to fight the better opposition and is on the verge of near global recognition.

Still the thing is that the fight isn't getting made and its slowly losing its marketability. Us fans lose out on a great match-up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  He doesn't really have an excuse against HBO if he is saying he'll fight there if they put up the money. I just don't get why people in here are against BOTH fighters making the most money on this fight. This is for light heavyweight supremacy. HBO has a chance to get the fight on their network with their fighter and whooping Stevenson while having THE light heavyweight champ of the world defending on their network for the future. Put the money up, get the fight, whoop Stevenson, and move on.
                  The contract prevents it. It'd still be way more money than Stevenson is making fighting those scrubs off HBO. What's not to like? Except his chances of winning

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    Since he left HBO, Stevenson ducked Kovalev to begin with; because that's why he left in the first place. Then Stevenson ducked Hopkins and Pascal. All three of them are fighting on HBO.

Now about the purse bid.

Sometimes, the promoters of each fighter attempt to compromise the purse amount and split, the TV channel for the fight, a.s.o., until they reach an agreement...
                    But if no compromise can be reached, then the sanctioning body in charge of the bout (i.e. WBC) eventually calls for a purse bid.

What do we know in this particular case: Yvon Michel's GYM is acting as Stevenson's "promoter"... And what Michel is telling us in the article above?
                    Michel is telling us that he agreed on the 50-50 purse bid, but not on the TV network supposed to air the fight or on the purse due amount (which, I suspect, he didn't even disclose). OK... Now Yvon Michel doesn't tell us what purse he has in mind for his fighter in this particular fight, righ? Michel only says that he is ready to let networks to bid, right? Therefore Michel is confident that the winning bid would fulfill his expectations, right? Namely Showtime's bid (which offer I suspect that he knows already)... and if another network has a higher bid it would be more than OK, right?

So things are as simple as that...

Now: in case Duva has a flamboyant Russian bidder, she better call him next to her asap. But if she doesn't, she doesn't.

Anything else?
                    Here's another one of the b*tchboys. Part of the Eurotr*sh clan.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      More boxing yes, quality? no. PBC has put on what 10X the amount of fight cards then anybody else including HBO? Yet the fight of the year leading candidate and knock out of the year were both on HBO. And you have Cotto vs CAnelo and GGG vs Lemiuex both have a shot of knocking off those fights. I can name 5 fights on HBO this year better then any garbage on PBC despite again there being about 10X more fights on PBC. For every decent fight on paper for PBC you name a dozen terrible blatant mismatches. That's why the man get's hate. He roadblocks many of the best fights in boxing hell forget other promoters who he doesn't work with what about in his own stable why the hell is Thurman fighting bums like Collazo instead of Khan or Maidana or any of the other top guys Haymon has? There is no promoter or network politics stopping those fights. Yet Instead all his best fighters fight bums on separate cards. That's great the man deserves a cookie for flooding the market with crap fights, that get lousy attendance and pull terrible TV Ratings.
                      wow. 10X more cards than HBO but you expect the same quality? Thats just not realistic right there. Fight of the year for me was on PBC (Kamedo/McDonell) so thats opinion.

And by KO which do you mean? Canelo knowcking out that retired/not retired fighter who hadnt fought in 2 years? or which fight do you mean?

thurman fighting Collazo instead of Kahn or Maidana. Do you even follow boxing? We got Bradley v Chavez in a draw and then Bradley again v Vargas. Both crap fights. This weekend we got crap fights. Yes one good fight ruined by horrible decsion.

As im writing this im trying to find the positive here and see your angle but i cant.

WE get canelo/cotto and GGG/lemiux. 1 great fight and one alright fight and we get them on seperate PPV so...YAY!!!!

I dont see your angle...at all

Comment

Working...
                      X