Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson Will Take 50-50 on Kovalev, Networks To Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This will be the last time superwoman gets a big payday. That's why it's 50/50. He has one belt so he's not supposed to get 50/50. Kovalev has all the belts but his, so Crusher should get way more.

Comment

• I love how people are blaming HBO, when it's Kov still on HBO and Haymon left with all his talent lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
        This will be the last time superwoman gets a big payday. That's why it's 50/50. He has one belt so he's not supposed to get 50/50. Kovalev has all the belts but his, so Crusher should get way more.
        All of Kovalev's belts are paper titles. Stevenson is the lineal champion. Lineal is the only designation that matters. Kovalev knocks Stevenson's head off though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
          You do realize that HBO is worth over 20 BILLION DOLLARS, don't you? If they wanted to win a purse bit, there is nothing Haymon or anyone else could do to stop them. They are simply not idiots and did not get to where they are today by wasting money and will not bid more than they believe something is worth. People talk about the 'long term' with Haymon, well HBO has been broadcasting boxing for 40 YEARS and will be around for at least another 40. Haymon will be lucky to see PBC reach 4.
          Their annual boxing budget is 30m, and I can't think of one fight they bankrolled for over 3m. I agree they'll easily outlast PBC, because of their responsible spending stance, which precludes trying to beat Haymon on purse bids.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            All of Kovalev's belts are paper titles. Stevenson is the lineal champion. Lineal is the only designation that matters. Kovalev knocks Stevenson's head off though.
            I know what lineal means. It also means **** when you just have one belt. Much better to have all of them and be the lineal champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by wlliam View Post
              You can also Thank HBO for blocking this fight as well. Its perception thats all. Because HBO has the exact same stance as Haymon. You gotta give props to Michel on this one, whatever network puts up the most money gets to air the fight...nothing wrong with that right? It is prize fighting after all.
              Hbo wants to be cheap.

Plus how much is the 50/50 split?

Comment

• Do I support the ex-pimp or the racist?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  At the very least....both networks should be able to put an offer in so everybody can get the max possible offer.

Exactly......

Comment

• They should sign a 2 fight deal one on each network.
                    First one goes to winner of purse bid..
                    Honestly I think Kovalev is a much better fighter but Stevenson could catch him and knock him out you never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
                      I know what lineal means. It also means **** when you just have one belt. Much better to have all of them and be the lineal champ.
                      Practically impossible to have all of the belts these days between the politics of the sanctioning bodies, promoters, networks, etc.

Lineal will keep you sane.

Comment

Working...
                      X