Comments Thread For: Stevenson Will Take 50-50 on Kovalev, Networks To Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    DAMN!!!!!

Ive seen like 1 photo, never heard him talk, fighters love him, and he is giving us more boxing.

Hating a man you dont know or even heard talk. That is just unhealthy.
    More boxing yes, quality? no. PBC has put on what 10X the amount of fight cards then anybody else including HBO? Yet the fight of the year leading candidate and knock out of the year were both on HBO. And you have Cotto vs CAnelo and GGG vs Lemiuex both have a shot of knocking off those fights. I can name 5 fights on HBO this year better then any garbage on PBC despite again there being about 10X more fights on PBC. For every decent fight on paper for PBC you name a dozen terrible blatant mismatches. That's why the man get's hate. He roadblocks many of the best fights in boxing hell forget other promoters who he doesn't work with what about in his own stable why the hell is Thurman fighting bums like Collazo instead of Khan or Maidana or any of the other top guys Haymon has? There is no promoter or network politics stopping those fights. Yet Instead all his best fighters fight bums on separate cards. That's great the man deserves a cookie for flooding the market with crap fights, that get lousy attendance and pull terrible TV Ratings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
      He agreed to 500k because he wanted the fight to be done because he knew beating B-Hop would get him bigger purses in the future fights.

Judging by how much got for the Pascal fight, he was right.
      IMO thats the way it should be.

Comment

• Originally posted by R-C View Post
        Didn't Stevenson ducked Hopkins too? or what was the excuse on that one?

He quacked AND missed his shot at Hopkins. Im not sure what your point is? Im not a Stevenson fan. Im a Boxing fan. I dont have an agenda here. I call it like it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          It's not less money, it's more, idiot. Stevenson last drew less than 5k. That's really an accomplishment in boxing crazed Montreal, being Canada's #1 boxer
          Here's another one of these classic asslickers. Same agenda, every thread. Does your unemployed ass own HBO stock? Sucking off a TV network like your life depended on it. ****ing b*tchboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            I don't, but if his excuse against an HBO fight is money, then it makes sense to ask what he's making otherwise. But it is amazing how poorly he's doing as Canada's top boxer
            He doesn't really have an excuse against HBO if he is saying he'll fight there if they put up the money. I just don't get why people in here are against BOTH fighters making the most money on this fight. This is for light heavyweight supremacy. HBO has a chance to get the fight on their network with their fighter and whooping Stevenson while having THE light heavyweight champ of the world defending on their network for the future. Put the money up, get the fight, whoop Stevenson, and move on.

Comment

• If Haymon and Stevenson really thought they could win the fight why would money be an issue??

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                IMO thats the way it should be.
                Tell that to Stevenson. 2 years ago he was one of the most talked about fighters in the game.

Look where he is now.

Long live Al Haymon
                Last edited by Szef; 07-27-2015, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• fine, so accept bids from all interested parties, and give Duva/Kovalev the option to make up the difference to put the fight on HBO.

For example, say HBO bids $5 million, and PBC bids $6 million, Then Duva/Kovalev pay GYM/Stevenson the extra $500k and the fight goes on HBO.

Problem solved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    Here's another one of these classic asslickers. Same agenda, every thread. Does your unemployed ass own HBO stock? Sucking off a TV network like your life depended on it. ****ing b*tchboy.
                    I feel like every one of your recent posts features a tremendous amount of irony

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
                      Tell that to Stevenson. 2 years ago he was one of the most talked about fighters in the game.

Look where is he now.

Long live Al Haymon
                      Yeah i see where he is now. accepting the 50/50 offer from team Kov.

And i really dont care. Stevenson ducked the first time and Kov the 2nd. Now here we are. Bluff called, lets hope they were serious cause unlike Beterbiev this fight is ready

I was just agreeing that thats how it should be done.

Comment

Working...
                      X