No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson Will Take 50-50 on Kovalev, Networks To Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrP4P View Post
    Dude... PURSE BID. Exclusive contracts doesnt matter when it comes to PURSE BIDS.
    Didn't Stevenson ducked Hopkins too? or what was the excuse on that one?

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
      This dude would rather the fighters get underpaid just because they hate haymon so much
      That's pretty much what it is. I mean this fight would be for every single belt in the light heavyweight division including the ring belt. And people on this board would have both fighters take chump change so it can be on a certain network. SMH.

I don't care what network it is on, I want to see the fight. And I have no problem with these guys going to whatever network will give them the most money for this fight.

Comment

HBO has to make this fight. Imagine all the exposure Kovalev gets! I hope HBO can make the best offer.

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
          Didn't Stevenson ducked Hopkins too? or what was the excuse on that one?
          I believe Hopkins wanted more and got more against Kov.

Comment

Originally posted by MrP4P View Post
            I hear ya but it wouldnt be the first time a network allowed a fighter to have his fight if they lost the bid. HBO wouldnt hold Kovalev back, this is mostly Duva. It doesnt really matter what any of us think really, I just dont see how anyone could blame Stevenson. At the end of the day Duva backed out (For whatever reason)
            You don't know that. Him turning his back on HBO could of damaged their relationship and after that one fight HBO could say screw that multi fight deal we were working on. HBO was promised this fight a year ago by both sides prior to Haymon coming into the picture. Now they lose this fight to another network when they have one of those fighters under contract and you think they just going to be cool about that? GTFO

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with what was said in this article. Why not fight where the most money is being made? HBO has cut it's boxing budget a ton. I'm sure they have the money to outbid almost anyone out there so what's the real reason they won't do it? 50/50 on the money. If sho bids 8 mil to hbo's 5 then so what? The fighters are winning. Kov, imo, wins this, so I don't see why his promoter would be opposed to this idea

Comment

I despise Haymon with a passion but I have to agree with Yvon Michel in that they have to go with whoever offers the most money. If the deal on the table was a fixed amount offer, not dependant on offers and was an acceptable amount, it would be a different story. But with a 50-50 split, you go with the highest bidder. As Kovalev has an exclusive contract with HBO, then perhaps you give them the opportunity to match the highest offer instead of a blind bidding process. But nothing more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Johns Gent View Post
                  this is all on Duva, she's the one to blame
                  I agree

Shes a joke

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                    I don't see anything wrong with what was said in this article. Why not fight where the most money is being made? HBO has cut it's boxing budget a ton. I'm sure they have the money to outbid almost anyone out there so what's the real reason they won't do it? 50/50 on the money. If sho bids 8 mil to hbo's 5 then so what? The fighters are winning. Kov, imo, wins this, so I don't see why his promoter would be opposed to this idea
                    It's just not an option, with Kovalev's exclusive contract with HBO. So Stevenson's options are to fight Kovalev on HBO for very good money, or fight more scrubs on PBC/SHO for much less.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                      I believe Hopkins wanted more and got more against Kov.
                      Not true. The first excuse after Stevenson signed with Haymon was that they were passing on Kovalev to fight Hopkins for more money then was offered by HBO and Kovalev. Only for Stevenson to get called out by Hopkins for Haymon pulling dirty tactics trying to stall the negotiations. Hopkins saw it and aired him out and bounced and fought Kovalev a fight that took no time to make as compared to the weeks and weeks BS they were using to try and game Hopkins.

http://www.boxingscene.com/hopkins-e...ev-deal--80628

Comment

Working...
                      X