Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Thurman-Mayweather be in the works for Sept? Look at some of the signs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoever Mayweather's next opponent is will be an Al Haymon advised fighter. So one can cancel out a potential showdown with Kell Brook who is currently being promoted by the British boxing based promoter Eddie Hearn and one can also rule out Miguel Cotto too who is currently being promoted by Roc Nation; A sports agency company recently started and founded by hip hop music mogul Jay-Z B.K.A. Shawn Carter.

Comment

I prefer Cotto, but it will most likely be Khan, Thurman, or Swift.

It will be interesting to see if Haymon can make nice with TR and RNS all in 1 year to bring us two blockbusters.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        I prefer Cotto, but it will most likely be Khan, Thurman, or Swift.

It will be interesting to see if Haymon can make nice with TR and RNS all in 1 year to bring us two blockbusters.
        you would buy Floyd/cotto 2?

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
          No, I'd spend $15 to see it at a bar or theater. Huge legacy fight for Mayweather due to the titles that would be involved.
          Last edited by Pigeons; 05-07-2015, 04:40 PM.

Comment

My first choice is cotto rematch for mw belt

Thurman and khan would both be good back up plans...

Danny Garcia is a last resort

Those are the only guys I see getting the fight

Comment

Khan brings much more money to the table than Thurman and he already said the timing of Ramadan allows him a training camp...no problem. Cotto's management makes it a little more complicated in terms of actually making the fight happen...but not completely out of the question. My feeling is it will be Khan.

Comment

Well atleast we all know Thurman would promote the shlt out the fight....

Khan keep fighting bums making it harder to sell a Khan VS Floyd fight.
                Danny Garcia has made it harder to sell Garcia vs Floyd with his last 3 bad fights
                GGG Too much of a risk
                Cotto works with JAy-Z and already lost

Comment

Thurman could be his opponent, but honestly he hasn't done much. He beat Guerrero, but that isn't really saying much. I'm curious on how they'd sell it. At least there's a belt at stake fighting Brook and it would be a final way of sticking it to Khan for being such a groupie. Then there's Cotto if he gets past his next opponent.

Comment

Thurman fight would not make financial sense. Khan, Garcia, and Cotto are are bigger fights for floyd. Garcia would be the easiest fight for floyd, difficult to sell as well. Cotto seems unlikely now cuz hes with roc nation. So i see Khan as being the most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                      I think if cotto looks good vs geale like he has vs serg and delvin, then I think the rematch would be appealing especially since it involves the mw crown..mthe first fight did big business and cotto performed about as well as anyone has vs floyd, and it was a pretty entertaining fight...

Comment

Working...
                      X