No announcement yet.

Official Floyd Mayweather- Manny Pacquiao Postfight aftermath discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Funny you said that about Roach. I'm wondering if I'm bat**** crazy for considering putting a little money on Geale over Cotto.
    I don't think its too crazy to think Geale has a shot over Cotto. Cotto might be in for a rude awakening with a real Middleweight.

Comment

• Golovkin can you tell me again how Floyd's record is 47-1?

I thought Maidana already beat Floyd twice.

Comment

• I really thought it was almost a great fight.
        The two fighters were coiled cobras in there. The fight was gripping all through out. You can feel the tension in the ring. cobras ready to strike. I just wish that there were more rounds.

This type of fight is perfect for a 15 rounder knowing this guys are at the highest level and they are patient in firing knowing the his opponent is dangerous. They were calculated in there, but yeah aside from Floyd's clinching, holding, and running this would have been great.

I really feel 3 more rounds would have sufficed. Time wasn't enough. Time flew by. I saw more running and chasing that ate so much time in the fight than I wished for.
        Last edited by Spoon23; 05-03-2015, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmt View Post
          No doubt about It
          styles makes fights.

imo pac has better resume than floyd premay 2.

it don't mean anything now. head to head still matters and pac will be behind floyd.

now i need that lil biatch to go undefeated, win 160, beat ggg or something, etc. to rise in atg rankings. pacs ranking is tied to his now.

shame 1 awful night hurts an atg 20 yr career but it is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
            Golovkin can you tell me again how Floyd's record is 47-1?

I thought Maidana already beat Floyd twice.
            lmaooooooooooo

Comment

• Originally posted by Golovkin View Post

Love that shot,,

Those are the kind of shots that makes a difference in the fight. Not the pitty patty jabs that won it according to the judges. Is this Olympics?

Nope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                I really thought it was almost a great fight.
                The two fighters were coiled cobras in there. The fight was gripping all through out. You can feel the tension in the ring. conras ready to strike. I just wish that there were more rounds.

This type of fight is perfect for a 15 rounder knowing this guys are at the highest level and they are patient in firing knowing the his opponent is dangerous. They were calculated in there, but yeah aside from Floyd's clinching, holding, and running this would have been great.

I really feel 3 more rounds would have sufficed. Time wasn't enough. Time flew by. I saw more running and chasing that ate so much time in the fight than I wished for.
                if pac was offensive more, floyd less defensive.

we could have had an oscar vs. mosley type skilled slugfest.

but stupid pac was too cautious.

more worried about not getting hit than winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                  8-4 Pacquiao

commentary was horrible
                  I sure hope check hooks is alright. I have a feeling he'll continue his trolling ways

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    Ariza shltting on roach lol. http://youtu.be/-qS55N2fV8A
                    I was laughing out loud, not because what he was saying was funny but because it was unexpected and his immaturity. I haven't laughed that loudly in a while!

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                      if pac was offensive more, floyd less defensive.

we could have had an oscar vs. mosley type skilled slugfest.

but stupid pac was too cautious.

more worried about not getting hit than winning.
                      They were calculated masters in the ring, and know damn well what the other guy will bring. You cannot be reckless in firing at Floyd. Pac was smart to know what Floyd can do in there.

Pac was being lured to go in and he didn't bite. Hence, the long tension when he got Floyd off the ropes.

Normally, in the likes of canelo, they will move in ang get tagged. Pac didn't get tagged he knew when to get in. And when he got in, time dwindled coz of his calculated move and when he got in Floyd will hold first then step away to his left and ran.

Rinse repeat. Floyd was setting traps all night, Pac wasn't fooled to going in there. He was smart, but the consequence was him being patient, he lost valuable time.

Time was not on pac's side. But his gameplay was alright, just that it can't be effective with a hugger, clincher runner like Floyd.
                      Last edited by Spoon23; 05-03-2015, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X