No announcement yet.

Official Floyd Mayweather- Manny Pacquiao Postfight aftermath discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by m00ks View Post
    Saw the replay and was able to appreciate the technical display of both fighters much more.

Tough and frustrating fight for Pac. Not only was Mayweather moving way too much but that right hand was waiting for Pac every minute of every round. Pac did well to avoid the big counters for the most part but couldn't really get off. His best moments came from countering off of Mayweather's jab and right hand but Pac couldn't draw them out effectively enough to get any consistent work done. That, coupled with Mayweather always waiting with the right hand I think contributed largely to Pac's uncharacteristic inactivity.

Surprised the see the absence or ineffectiveness of some of the punches were used seeing from both. Mayweather's jab to the body was almost non existent and were far and few. Even his lead and check hook was a non factor for the most part. I thought Pac could have done a lot more with the left straight counter of the jab and the right hook was used sparingly (though there were a couple of nice counters catching Mayweather here and there).

All in all, it played out pretty much on how it looked on paper before the fight. Mayweather winning rounds from movement and right hand counters with Pacquiao having some spurts of success. I thought Mayweather was convincing enough but not utterly dominant. He won not because he beatdown Pacquiao but because he was able to negate Pacquiao's offence and effective agression. I think the 118-110 score was out to lunch, and I think 116-112 was more on point with a couple of swing rounds.

Could Pacquiao have done more? I have a feeling he wish he did (with that, at the risk of getting caught with clearer harder counters).
    Very well put. I had scored 116-112, could see 117-111 and 115-113 is possible if you give 2,4,6,9,10 to Pac but it's a tad generous. I feel like 2010 Pac would have been less hesitant than post ko'd Pac was in this fight. I'm not saying he would have won, but at the very least he would have picked it up in rounds 11-12 when it was clear he needed to. It hurt to see those last rounds and I'll probably watch the fight again when that hurt subsides.

Can someone who isn't a pac-tard like myself or a flo-mo offer an opinion on whether you thought the commentators were buggin out. They made it sound like he got Canelo'd which I don't think is fair to say.

Comment

• 2 RANDOM things:
      1.Why the hell didn't Floyd's gloves match his outift. Looks like he changed the day of.
      2.Is it me or did he sound like he had a doctorate in the post fight? Once those nerves of the fight go away so does the stuttering lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by nj_evoixgsr View Post
        Floyd won but don't be ****** to think Floyd schooled him in any way.

Pac failed to follow up and failed to execute rounds 7-12 With the exception of round 10 Or was it 11. Either way, if he pressed like he did in rounds 2, 4 and 6 when they were trading rounds and visually hurting Floyd and having him fight scared than this conversation would be about how close this fight was.

Pac failed to place any emphasis on fighting in the second half be it his fail of an excuse or he did it to himself.

The facts are floyd never hurt pac. KO was a complete joke for floyd fans. If you can tell me one round of danger than I'd be impressed Or where he blew him out the water. It was Pac who failed himself more than Floyd beating him.

Floyd did what he did best and he proved his place in ATG. Definitely not TBE but a GREAT BOXER!!

No rematch.

Floyd should take a big money fight in UK against khan and knock that China chinned loud mouth out and c'eCT la vie!

Pac should retire but not before finishing up with a W.

Farewell fights for both.

To all other Pac fans, who don't actually watch any other boxer, stfu! Floyd won and he did it and stayed true to his boxing greatness. Live on. Only disappointment should be in pac and roach. Their game Plan ****** or pac did not execute it.
        My thoughts almost exactly. I had 2,4,6 and 9 or 10 for Pac meaning I had the fight 3-3 at the halfway point. I honestly was really excited about the possibility of a close fight but was worried that Mayweather's typical ability to adjust would prevail and it did. Pac fought the same way the whole time and it stopped working halfway in.

I also agree that this wasn't necessarily a brilliant Mayweather performance but it was clearly a winning one.

I don't think Pac needs to retire though, I bet he can do well with fighters that aren't Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
          People are bringing up the fact that PAC didn't get schooled as some sort of victory lol... And that's not even true. For two guys who are at the pinnacle of the sport what Floyd did to PAC was a schooling straight up! Has anyone ever outboxed PAC that badly without having to take any punishment themselves ? The answer is no! He got schooled.
          Well you don't recover from a KO like the one Pac suffered.

To claim that had no bearing on the fight is disingenuous to say the least.

His overly cautious approach was his downfall, you could see it against Bradley.

Comment

• People wanted Manny to be aggressive, but its just the style clash that prevented it.

When Manny who is a guy fires straight punches wants to hit a guy who controls distance he makes it hard. The obvious way to avoid straight punches is to move to the left or right of them. Given Manny is also the shorter fighter by height and reach it just doubles the difficulty. It's geometry really.

Maybe if Manny was a tad faster he could of gotten off more, but Manny KNEW himself if he fired just an inch out of range the lengthier Mayweather could tag him or make him miss a lot easier. Roach didn't have a bad gameplan, I don't think so. Manny just couldn't get in range and pull the trigger with repeated success.

Comment

• Prime Pac would have thrown caution to the wind, win lose or draw.

He already suffered a devastating KO and I suppose did not want to risk it again because haters are unforgiving.

Few fighters in boxing history have ever come back successfully from a KO like that which is why the history books will view the victory as tainted.

Comment

• So when is this thread be closed?

Comment

• There was a sense of an end in that fight. I'm kinda sad that a generation of boxers are just about sailing into the sunset. I have followed Floyd since he was in the Olympics, My God how time passes. Seems just like yesterday. it has been a wonderful honor however to have been an eyewitness to a once in a lifetime talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                    2 RANDOM things:
                    1.Why the hell didn't Floyd's gloves match his outift. Looks like he changed the day of.
                    2.Is it me or did he sound like he had a doctorate in the post fight? Once those nerves of the fight go away so does the stuttering lol.
                    Lol I enjoyed his press conference he was an actual normal human and said how he felt instead of his usual half assed answered questions.

Comment

• Who has an HD link? Finally getting a chance to watch again, but without all the people.

Comment

Working...
                      X