No announcement yet.

C.J. Ross: “Mayweather-Canelo was an even fight with a lot of close rounds"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C.J. Ross: “Mayweather-Canelo was an even fight with a lot of close rounds"

Boxing judge C.J. Ross gives a rare interview and speaks on her past controversial scores and talks about her desire to judge fights once again.

Here are some quotes....

"The more commentators get excited about something and criticize and stir up controversy, the more people write in to them. They try to stimulate that kind of controversy for them, it's just something TV does"

"I was asked why my score could have gone to a draw but it just has to be one fighter ending up with six rounds. When you think of it in terms of six rounds and the nearest other judge had an eight round to four card, we weren't all that far off. It was an even fight, a lot of those rounds were even, they just swung back and forth."

"It was right for what I saw. It may not have been right to what the other two judges saw but it was right to what I saw."

Full interview >> http://tinyurl.com/otr-boxing-cj-ross-interview

That score cost you your job.

That's how bad it was.

Comment

She got paid big for that score

She don't care

Now she's just trolling

Comment

Even Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles and Helen Keller could see that wasn't a draw!

Comment

Stahp Ross stahp just enjoy your retirement pay off's she just sour she didn't get away with it like Levi.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
            The commentators were shamefully showering Floyd with love throughout the fight and misleading viewers. They only saw their beloved Floyd's punches, and were blind to Canelo's.

Ross is right, it was a close fight.

And for much of the fight, Floyd ran from the weight-drained Canelo like a frightened chicken. You shouldn't win rounds by running.
            wtf fight were you watching????

Comment

Close fight? I stopped scoring it was so one-sided. Total masterclass.

Comment

to quote louis ck, "no it very wasn't."

Comment

What do you expect her to do, admit to the payday she pocketed? It'd be one thing if this was her only bad score, then maybe I could believe she had a bad night, but she did the same ****ing thing with Pacquiao/Bradley and I don't believe for a second that it's a coincidence that there's always judges in Alvarez fights with awful scorecards.

Comment

These judges getting paid extra money

Comment

Working...
                    X