Collapse
No announcement yet.

C.J. Ross: “Mayweather-Canelo was an even fight with a lot of close rounds"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first couple of rounds, I agree. It was a nice chess match.

Comment

If you really look an analyze each round, she is right. Yes Floyd won the fight overall, but each round was only won buy a few more punches landed. It wasn't like Floyd was thoroughly dominating each round. Both landed some shots with Floyd landing a few more each round. They were all close rounds with Floyd edging the majority of them.

Comment

i really dont know wtf most of u were watching. the first 6 rounds of this fight nothing even happened and it was hard to separate the two, in round 7 canelo started coming forward and then floyd took over.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          If you really look an analyze each round, she is right. Yes Floyd won the fight overall, but each round was only won buy a few more punches landed. It wasn't like Floyd was thoroughly dominating each round. Both landed some shots with Floyd landing a few more each round. They were all close rounds with Floyd edging the majority of them.
          I agree with this. People tend to jump on the bandwagon and just repeat what somebody else said.

I didn't watch the replay of the fight but I clearly remember what I saw live during the first 8 rounds or so -- which was a whole lot of defensive posturing by both guys, with Floyd scoring a few more punches here and there.

It's only in the vary late rounds that Canelo caved in, when Floyd started flurry punching him against the ropes. Floyd won the fight rightfully but the only controversial score is from those who think Floyd 120-108'd the fight.

Comment

That was a Goldenboy promotions bought score card.

I didn't score 1 ROUND for Canelo and I have been able to find rounds for EVERYONE that May fought with the exception of Canelo.

a few ones I can remember

May Vs Castillio 1 - Castillo won 7 rounds.
            May Vs Judah - Judah won 4 rounds
            May Vs Delahoya - Delahoya won 5 rounds
            May Vs Mosley - Mosley won 2 rounds
            May Vs Ortiz - Ortiz won 1 round
            May Vs Guerrero - Guerrero won 1 round
            May Vs Maidana 1 - Maidana won 5 rounds
            May Vs Canelo - Canelo won 0 rounds

I literally could not find 1 round to give Canelo the entire fight, period.

CJ Ross was paid off and thats that.

Why is it that Canelo has so many disputed decisions? Lara, Trout, draw on Mayweather card???

Comment

Close rounds or not, Canelo did not win 6 of them. Crappy score.

Comment

lol..........

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  Close rounds or not, Canelo did not win 6 of them. Crappy score.
                  This is true. LOL. They were indeed close rounds but how she managed to give Canelo 6 of them is beyond me.

Comment

I thought that was a 12-0 shutout personally. There were rounds that were closer than others, and I wouldn't argue with someone who have Canelo a few rounds. But Floyd clearly won

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                      The commentators were shamefully showering Floyd with love throughout the fight and misleading viewers. They only saw their beloved Floyd's punches, and were blind to Canelo's.

Ross is right, it was a close fight.

And for much of the fight, Floyd ran from the weight-drained Canelo like a frightened chicken. You shouldn't win rounds by running.

Yeah Floyd ran. You obviously didn't even watch the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X