No announcement yet.

C.J. Ross: “Mayweather-Canelo was an even fight with a lot of close rounds"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freedom.
    the commentators were shamefully showering floyd with love throughout the fight and misleading viewers. They only saw their beloved floyd's punches, and were blind to canelo's.

Ross is right, it was a close fight.

And for much of the fight, floyd ran from the weight-drained canelo like a frightened chicken. You shouldn't win rounds by running.
    thank god this guy is not a judge

Comment

I had the same scores for that fight as CJ Ross. She is the only one who scored it right. Usually fighters are getting robbed against Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        What the hell does that have to do with his fight vs Canelo?

I'm not a fan of Floyd, so you can spin that on someone else.

You are the one who's talking about punches landed. Canelo hardly landed on Floyd and the reverse was totally opposite

So please stop it.
        Some are making it seem as if each round was a whitewash. Yes Floyd won the majority of them and won the fight. I have watched this fight several times. Most of the rounds were pretty even with Floyd edging them out with just a few more landed punches.

I don't go by compubox because they have shown how unreliable their stats are.

It was YOU who brought up compubox to justify your stance. In that case, I take it you had Castillo winning their first fight since COMPUBOX had Castillo landing more punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho Puncho View Post
          I had the same scores for that fight as CJ Ross. She is the only one who scored it right. Usually fighters are getting robbed against Mayweather.
          Floyd won but he tends to get too much credit from judges even when he isn't doing much.

Comment

U
            Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            Some are making it seem as if each round was a whitewash. Yes Floyd won the majority of them and won the fight. I have watched this fight several times. Most of the rounds were pretty even with Floyd edging them out with just a few more landed punches.

It was YOU who brought up compubox to justify your stance. In that case, I take it you had Castillo winning their first fight since COMPUBOX had Castillo landing more punches.
            You're no better than CJ Ross and that's saying something. At least she got paid for it.

Nobody thinks this fight was close other than those like you with an agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Psylence83 View Post
              Even my dog looked at me like half way through like fu@k this **** lets get a burger instead.
              Lmao

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
              He should have clinched him non-stop for 12 rounds.
              Well played

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post

It was pretty much a whitewash in every round undeniable. Canelo held back and was trying to counter punch the counter puncher and failed. Miserably. Floyd even walked him down ,and out gunned him too. He did everything better: Slipped, rolled, ducked, jabbed, moved, lead right, moved him back in the pocket, right hook worked.

Canelo was trying a few left hooks that didn't really work. It was a bad performance from him and an excellent performance by Floyd.

Yes, I brought up Compubox because you said every round was close and Floyd just landed a couple of more punches in most of the rounds, which is simply a ridiculously ******ed thing to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                  The commentators were shamefully showering Floyd with love throughout the fight and misleading viewers. They only saw their beloved Floyd's punches, and were blind to Canelo's.

Ross is right, it was a close fight.

And for much of the fight, Floyd ran from the weight-drained Canelo like a frightened chicken. You shouldn't win rounds by running.
                  Floyd didn't win because he ran, it's because he hit Canelo and Canelo couldn't hit him.

Comment

So I take it that CJ ROSS was also right when she had Timothy Bradley beating Manny Pacquiao as well?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      It was pretty much a whitewash in every round undeniable. Canelo held back and was trying to counter punch the counter puncher and failed. Miserably. Floyd even walked him down ,and out gunned him too. He did everything better: Slipped, rolled, ducked, jabbed, moved, lead right, moved him back in the pocket, right hook worked.

Canelo was trying a few left hooks that didn't really work. It was a bad performance from him and an excellent performance by Floyd.

Yes, I brought up Compubox because you said every round was close and Floyd just landed a couple of more punches in most of the rounds, which is simply a ridiculously ******ed thing to say.
                      Floyd/Gatti - each round was a whitewash. Gatti landed nothing and Floyd thoroughly dominated each round. Same for Floyd/Corrales.

Floyd/Canelo - Pretty even rounds with Floyd edging them out by a few more punches landed.

I think you need to look up the definition of "whitewash".

Comment

Working...
                      X