No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by denium View Post
    Ned clearly isn't a fan of Wlad, but some of the points he brings up are valid, and backs up his opinions with analysis & facts. I don't agree with everything he says, but coming on here trolling isn't the way to counter him.
    I've stated my reasons plenty of times on this thread and a couple other threads on why Wlad will win.

Fury has never fought anyone as big or as strong as Wlad that aside as experienced too. Wlad's skill and chin has improved since 10 years ago, he actually has taken some pretty big hits from heavier punchers than Fury and it didn't faze him. Fury has the size advantage, OK but he's big and unfortunately not iron fisted.

Okay, Fury might of improved since Cunningham this doesn't mean his chin has. If Cunningham a feather fisted cruiserweight was capable of putting him on his back, you better believe Wlad will keep him there. I doubt Fury can defend himself for 12 rounds without getting nailed a couple times. We all know how powerful Wlad is, I don't think Fury can take many big shots from him.

Wlad did dominate Wach and Pulev, these two aren't short. Many agree that Wlad is more dangerous against taller fighters.

Many of the same folks who are rooting for Fury say Wlad looked old in that Jennings fight you clearly didn't pay attention to how great Jennings defensive guard was. It's more difficult to attack shorter stocky fighters with exceptional guards like that when you're tall. Jennings plan wasn't to KO Wlad, but to survive and that clearly didn't go well lol

Note, I'm not a big fan of either fighters. A lot of my family members are Gypsies, you'd think I'd root for Fury because of this, but I'm not a biased **** like most of the british fans on this site.

Regardless, I do believe Fury will bring loads of excitement and a nice look to the heavyweight division. Because unlike ***** Jennings, he is not afraid to fight. He's here to try to KO Wlad not survive. !!

Comment

• Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
      All the Wlad hardcore keep harping on about how Wlad is a different animal now yet spectacularly fail to grasp (or just plain ignore) the possibility that the same is true of the much younger Fury. They're both significantly different fighters from a few years ago; only Fury, by dint of his age, has shown a more drastic improvement in a shorter time. Wlad's had a longer time to mature.

Bringing up the Sanders, Brewster or Cunningham fights is pointless at this stage. Neither fighter is the same as they were back then.
      Whom as Fury faced who has posed a single question of him ? USS was supposed to be a low risk high reward which turned into high risk low reward, in a fight which damaged his stock and made him a figure of ridicule after all the tripe he talked in the build up to that fight.

Wlad has looked unstoppable for ten years.

Originally posted by denium View Post
      Go on Twitter, or even this thread, and the amount of people who claim that Fury is an unskilled oaf is crazy! Any serious boxing fan who watched his performances against Chisora & Hammer can't deny that he has skill, he does things that I've never seen for a guy his size. I've posted it a few times but for anyone who's missed it, please read.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/3/4/...eight-analysis

Now yes i agree that Wlad is on another level to anyone Fury has faced so far, and his lack of experience against massive fighters like Wlad is a concern, but i happen to believe that we havnt yet seen the best Tyson Fury, and that he's one of these guys who raises his level against elite opposition. This coupled with Wlad's decline imo makes this a fascinating fight.

I think people underrate him because they're blinded by their dislike for his personality, plus his gypsy heritage that he doesn't hesitate to play up to. Now insulting legends like Lennox hasn't done his PR any good, but this is boxing! We need guys like Fury imo, he brings a breath of fresh air, and has more personality in his little finger than most boxers have in their entire body.
      I can't relate to his character and persona he projects, honestly I feel the same way towards him as I do Broner, I can't laugh I cringe ! Whenever Haye was being interviewed I would mute the tv, iPad or whichever other device I was using at the time, I don't feel that exact same way towards Fury but everything he says I understand is hyperbole, I'm generally laughing at what he says as opposed to with him I'm laughing at him.

That would be my main reason of dislike, some times I have found him amusing but that is generally his facial expressions and body language in the ring. Again I don't agree with this myth about his composure, he looks visibly shook against mediocre opposition when they land on him. Ok this is heavyweight boxing and punches hurt, I just don't buy into certain hyperbole. He is talented, he can box, he has heart, that will only get you so far, their are other guys in the division I rate higher and when beats him I STILL will not consider Fury one of his top five wins, unless Fury somehow drops Wlad and Wlad comes from off the canvass to make some almighty finish, that I just do not see happening though, I'm expecting Fury to come in about 220-225 tops and try to beat Wlad at his own game, keep it an outside fight and tie him up as he does with his gangly arms.

One trait I have noticed with Fury, he uses his arms keeping his oppositions pinned under them in the clinch, he's been using it to great effect even since Chisora I. I don't knock him for it, good on him. I genuinely can't see the height and reach playing a major role in the fight as I don't feel Fury utilises to his best effect, whereas Wlad knows his distancing and generally exceptionally fast.

The poll has begun to alter after Wlad's last display, a display whereby his opponent attempted to come in low and under the guard. Did Wlad look poor ? I don't believe so, guys like Laced Up and Jab will have you believe a 119-104 and 118-109 win aren't convincing and are signs you've slipped even though you were winning by lesser margins against blown up cruisers four years earlier ! If Fury fans want to believe their are *****s appearing in Wlad's armour, ok great. I just fail to see how he can attempt to employ the same game plan Sascha and By-By did, Fury is 6' 9" how's he gonna utilise his attributes to greater effect as those guys ? Does he have as much power as Pulev ? I'm not so sure his jab is as commanding, yeh he has reach, but Pulev literally stopped Ustinov and Dimitrenko with the jab alone, two guys whom had never been stopped before. Pulev may have stung Wlad, he's proven he has some poke, and he proved going toe to toe with the champ you're getting yo ass knocked out, Fury will not come for a tear upmarket that much is certain. If USS dropped him, Wlad may very knock him out cold.

Comment

• Wladimir 7 days a week!

Comment

• Originally posted by Axl Rose View Post
          Wladimir 7 days a week!
          Axl Muvver ****in Rose has spoken, the cold heart breaker himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
            I think you'd be hard pressed to find any posters that have flat out not given Fury ANY hope whatsoever and have even declined to give him 'live dog' status. Anyone really at heavyweight can be a live dog, and it would be quite ridiculous and silly to say Fury doesn't have that distinction in this fight - especially considering the rarity of an opponent being taller than Wlad, with significant other advantages just as reach and weight...for those that class that as an advantage.

Fury is a good opponent for Wlad and he has all the criteria of an opponent to both be a well-matched dance partner and a good, tough challenge for Wlad at this stage of his career...However...

...I personally am just sick of the seemingly growing hype and downright delusion frankly that is building behind Fury to almost troll-like proportions. The guy isn't even fighting and daily he seems to be getting praised as a better and better 'master boxer' on here. If I'm wrong and Fury wins, i'll give him huge props, but the type of garbage some regulars in this thread have posted are almost banishment-worthy from the whole forum if Wlad easily KO's Fury.

If people can't objectively understand that Fury will not be able to do Ali-shuffles, slapping jabs, stance changes and other showboating type stuff that he has been allowed to do against the gassed out midgets and bums he has fought so far that have made him look good for his size especially, then there isn't much you can say.

I will be SHOCKED if this fight goes 12 rounds. The problem for Fury in this fight is he is simply not a particularly good defensive boxer, especially - you would have to assume - against someone near his size like Wlad, with Wlad's punch technique and speed which will all be the best Fury has faced in his career. Wlad WILL land with bombs at some point in this fight, and I just don't see Fury standing up to them...

The real story of this fight, realistically and objectively, is that Fury is fighting someone with more experience, speed, power, athleticism and size than he has ever faced before. On Wlad's side, he is merely facing someone with better statistical size attributes, youth, and unorthodox style. Unfortunately, I don't think Fury brings more to the table in terms of more power, speed or technique than any of Wlad's best past opponents - for example Haye's explosiveness and power, or Povetkin's skill, speed and relentlessness, which are some of the main pre-requisites to beat Wlad.

If Wlad has significantly aged and declined further, Fury has a better shot. But really, it is more about what Wlad might have lost than what Fury might have gained. Anywhere near prime Wlad beats the Fury of what we have seen.
            You've made a number of good posts in this thread, which is more than can be said for some of the contributors thus far. I won't disagree with too much except to say that I think you're not giving Fury enough props in your summation of him. No, he doesn't have the explosiveness or raw speed of Haye or the pinpoint combinations of Povetkin, but he brings his own unique set of attributes to the ring; more than just size and reach and an unorthodox style.

Fury's footwork, particularly his lateral movement, is a very important element to his game, as is his overall control of distance. His transitioning from outside to inside boxing is as seamless as you're going to get for a big man. His timing and accuracy is also very good, allowing him to effectively counter fighters coming forward (admittedly not something Wlad's likely to do) as well as throw hurtful shots from all angles and at all ranges.

Now it remains to be seen how well he'll be able to do these things against a fighter the calibre of Wlad, but one thing that gives me great confidence in Fury is his mindset. He really is one of the most self-confident fighters in the sport right now, and whether or not that's justified it means he likely won't bottle it come fight night. At the same time he really doesn't give a toss about anything and seems perfectly sanguine about the possibility of himself losing one day. There's no bubble here that can burst. He's already been hurt, tasted the canvas, been forced to go the distance. Wlad can knock him out but I doubt he can cow him, and if Fury loses he'll go out on his shield.

Comment

You've made a number of good posts in this thread, which is more than can be said for some of the contributors thus far. I won't disagree with too much except to say that I think you're not giving Fury enough props in your summation of him. No, he doesn't have the explosiveness or raw speed of Haye or the pinpoint combinations of Povetkin, but he brings his own unique set of attributes to the ring; more than just size and reach and an unorthodox style.

Fury's footwork, particularly his lateral movement, is a very important element to his game, as is his overall control of distance. His transitioning from outside to inside boxing is as seamless as you're going to get for a big man. His timing and accuracy is also very good, allowing him to effectively counter fighters coming forward (admittedly not something Wlad's likely to do) as well as throw hurtful shots from all angles and at all ranges.

Now it remains to be seen how well he'll be able to do these things against a fighter the calibre of Wlad, but one thing that gives me great confidence in Fury is his mindset. He really is one of the most self-confident fighters in the sport right now, and whether or not that's justified it means he likely won't bottle it come fight night. At the same time he really doesn't give a toss about anything and seems perfectly sanguine about the possibility of himself losing one day. There's no bubble here that can burst. He's already been hurt, tasted the canvas, been forced to go the distance. Wlad can knock him out but I doubt he can cow him, and if Fury loses he'll go out on his shield.
              I would say likewise that you have contributed well, and objectively, in this thread. I highlighted the main key point in the whole argument - can he do all that he does well, against someone the calibre of Wlad. I have serious doubts, but still you can never rule it out for sure. Self-confidence I wouldn't look into much because arguably Haye was even more self-confident, or at least gave that illusion, and was also more experienced and seemingly more likely to be a guy to really hurt Wlad, but we saw his real mindset in the ring.

I'd agree though that Fury doesn't take himself too seriously, unlike Haye, and won't make excuses if he loses. He will probably have fun in there because he is a born brawler...which adds a lot of intrigue...but i'm just interested how he will react in terms of the comparison of getting hit hard by light-punching cruiserweight Cunningham, and one of the ATG punchers in Wlad.

Comment

Fury's a live dog and needs to be acknowledged as such.
                Agreed........ Also, a fight where he matches size adds excitement. Fury doesn't just show up for a paycheck, he is confident, brash, etc. which is what it should be about when challenging the champion. That's how Haye created excitement too.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                  Agreed........ Also, a fight where he matches size adds excitement. Fury doesn't just show up for a paycheck, he is confident, brash, etc. which is what it should be about when challenging the champion. That's how Haye created excitement too.
                  Luckily, not much chance at all of a Haye-style stinker either because of that size, Fury is a target that isn't getting away or slipping under Wlad lol.

We are either going to see a brutal KO by Klitschko or Fury managing to rough up and break apart the clay that is Wladimir.

Although I'd certainly know where I'd put my money...

Comment

• Fury is a fighter who utilizes alot of movement. He has legs. Anybody who watches his fights knows that.

One of the very few guys Wlad fought that moved well was DaVarryl Williamson.

Wlad was thoroughly exposed by Williamson - getting floored then quitting after only the 5th round.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
                      Listen to this interview, from 18:00 onwards

Fury says that he hasn't trained at all since the Hammer fight, then came in the gym and sparred 15 rounds straight away. Now yeah, take this with a pinch of salt, but speak to anyone who trains with Fury, be it Chambers or Cunningham or anyone else, and they'll tell you that Fury is a machine.

It's a very interesting chat btw, I'd recommend a full listen.
                      Thanks for sharing. Fury will prove his doubters wrong with his fists. What a phenom he truly is, A HW with his speed, ring IQ, and punch repertoire, and size? Wlad knows he will be in the fight of his life and his fans are in full blown denial.

Comment

Working...
                      X