Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Easy Work. View Post
    i know right. They make fury out to be way better than he actually is
    There is a lot of polarity with Fury. People either grossly overrate him or grossly underrate him. I happen to think of him as one of the better heavyweights out there at the moment, though I acknowledge that he still has a lot of question marks hanging over his head. The Wlad fight should hopefully give us a better gauge on what his level really is.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatLeftaMarc
      Fury nuthuggers are one of a kind, damn, almost as bad as pac-tards
      It's called stating facts. Wlad has gassed and been knocked out, Fury hasn't. You don't seem to contribute any actual facts to the discussion, other than blindly stating that Fury is a fat bum.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Fury isnt fitter than wlad just because he throws more punches. Wlad can throw combos too he just doesnt because thats not his style.
        Early Wlad had tremendous combination punching, but he's become so used to fighting in his current style that his abilities in this area have badly regressed. The few times he was forced or chose to open up on opponents (Wach, Pianeta, Peter II, Jennings) he looked awkward and, yes, robotic, not a word I automatically apply to Klitschko who is otherwise a very fluid athlete. I was actually a little shocked at how ragged he looked when throwing combinations. He was pushing his punches, winging his shots and generally looking very sloppy and amateurish. A million miles away from the killer that demolished Ray Mercer back in the early 2000s.

Originally posted by Easy Work. View Post
        Hes no doubt better conditioned than furys fat ass.

Lol Fury more fit doe because he throws more
        There is no way Wlad could fight at the same pace as Fury does, certainly not at this stage. I'd even argue that there was no stage at which he could have done so, which isn't a knock on him since there are things Wlad does that Fury couldn't emulate in a million years. It's a matter of body type and natural aptitudes.

Someone mentioned that Fury is like Margarito. I agree with this. He's built in the same way as guys like Margarito, Froch or, to give a better, heavyweight specific, example, Rid**** Bowe. Like them he's not necessarily the quickest or most explosive of guys, but he can throw punches for days and seems to be able to push past that pain barrier when the lactic acid kicks in. Wlad on the other hand gases out and falls apart.

I can understand why people are taking umbrage to Fury fans claiming their man is fitter since Wlad is one of the most professional athletes in the sport, while Fury often lets himself go badly between fights, and sometimes during them. The point I think people are making is that Fury is naturally a guy with a lot of endurance and even in less than tip top shape can still outwork most guys with his superior workrate. He just seems to have that natural relaxation and comfort in high intensity environments that allows him to perform while in a state of tiredness and exhaustion.

If the fight goes into deep waters I'd wager good money on Fury being the one to stay afloat. But Wlad has surprised me in the past.

Comment

• denium droppin knowledge

Comment

• Listen to this interview, from 18:00 onwards

Fury says that he hasn't trained at all since the Hammer fight, then came in the gym and sparred 15 rounds straight away. Now yeah, take this with a pinch of salt, but speak to anyone who trains with Fury, be it Chambers or Cunningham or anyone else, and they'll tell you that Fury is a machine.

It's a very interesting chat btw, I'd recommend a full listen.

Comment

he probably didnt take that fight seriously. When wlad shows up in shape like he did for the pulev and leapai fights fury will get knocked out
              He took that fight as serious as a heart attack. Came in close to the best shape of his career but still was huffing and puffing after 5 rounds. The guy stood right in front of him for 12 rounds and he could never figure out how to get past a simple high guard defense. Janitor Jennings very basic lateral movement completely took away Robotko's right hand. Had to foul and grab 100 times just to make it out of the fight without falling to pieces.

Comment

• Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
                Early Wlad had tremendous combination punching, but he's become so used to fighting in his current style that his abilities in this area have badly regressed. The few times he was forced or chose to open up on opponents (Wach, Pianeta, Peter II, Jennings) he looked awkward and, yes, robotic, not a word I automatically apply to Klitschko who is otherwise a very fluid athlete. I was actually a little shocked at how ragged he looked when throwing combinations. He was pushing his punches, winging his shots and generally looking very sloppy and amateurish. A million miles away from the killer that demolished Ray Mercer back in the early 2000s.

There is no way Wlad could fight at the same pace as Fury does, certainly not at this stage. I'd even argue that there was no stage at which he could have done so, which isn't a knock on him since there are things Wlad does that Fury couldn't emulate in a million years. It's a matter of body type and natural aptitudes.

Someone mentioned that Fury is like Margarito. I agree with this. He's built in the same way as guys like Margarito, Froch or, to give a better, heavyweight specific, example, Rid**** Bowe. Like them he's not necessarily the quickest or most explosive of guys, but he can throw punches for days and seems to be able to push past that pain barrier when the lactic acid kicks in. Wlad on the other hand gases out and falls apart.

I can understand why people are taking umbrage to Fury fans claiming their man is fitter since Wlad is one of the most professional athletes in the sport, while Fury often lets himself go badly between fights, and sometimes during them. The point I think people are making is that Fury is naturally a guy with a lot of endurance and even in less than tip top shape can still outwork most guys with his superior workrate. He just seems to have that natural relaxation and comfort in high intensity environments that allows him to perform while in a state of tiredness and exhaustion.

If the fight goes into deep waters I'd wager good money on Fury being the one to stay afloat. But Wlad has surprised me in the past.
                Lmao at this entire post.

Fury looks relaxed at top level ! Really ? I must have seen a different USS fight to yourself.

Comment

• Fury is already in good shape 3 months out before the fight.
                  https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIidBDWXAAEI91l.jpg

The guy is training like a demon for this fight. The only concern I had with Fury going in is if he would come in top shape and he clearly is. He is going to pick Wlad apart on the outside, bludgeon him on the inside and finish him off when the Robot is knackered after mid way.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnockoutNed View Post
                    Fury is already in good shape 3 months out before the fight.
                    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIidBDWXAAEI91l.jpg

The guy is training like a demon for this fight. The only concern I had with Fury going in is if he would come in top shape and he clearly is. He is going to pick Wlad apart on the outside, bludgeon him on the inside and finish him off when the Robot is knackered after mid way.
                    You really believe that

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                      They are in comparable shape. Don't judge conditioning and fitness levels just from observing someone's physique. You can have a low body fat percentage and be ripped and still have poor conditioning.
                      Fury be like

But yes, I have known some people with low body fat% and visible abs that couldn't jog a mile without losing their breath, so there is truth to that.

Comment

Working...
                      X