No announcement yet.

I rewatched Pacquiao Vs Clottey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Noose View Post

Freddie Roach said before the fight that Clottey has a passive defence.
    And thats what we saw...Pac throw loads, moving, giving angles, and Clottey covering up.

Speed intimidates. Fighters throw less against guys with speed and power. Even Rios said he became reluctant to throw against Pac because of his fast counters.

Also...Clottey was just kinda ****.

No conspiracy here.
    Yes he is passive but dam.near everything he threw landed...clottey is light years ahead of rios man c mon...he was never hurt at all...watch the video pls sir clottey clearly states he had to lose http://youtu.be/9wf_CNY_330 u dont find this weird

Comment

Originally posted by marsatari View Post
      Exactly ppl actin like pac is god or something
      http://youtu.be/9wf_CNY_330 bet they wont watch he admitted it was a fix thats y u havent seen him on a major network since
      He also says he was weight drained and he is too big for 147.
      He also says that was his first loss with no excuses.
      He also says he had the ****s and ate some food he hasnt eaten before.

and never says anything about a fix

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
        He also says he was weight drained and he is too big for 147.
        He also says that was his first loss with no excuses.
        He also says he had the ****s and ate some food he hasnt eaten before.

and never says anything about a fix
        He says verbatim "i had to lose" even in the before the bell show for clottey vs mundine he says "i didnt even try to win" my point is the whole situation is shady and these ppl here r ridiculous saying he hurt clottey...when? What pacquaio opponent has faded into obscurity after losing? I call bs bro no disrespect to u but pacquaios reign on top is real suspect

Comment

He says verbatim "i had to lose" even in the before the bell show for clottey vs mundine he says "i didnt even try to win" my point is the whole situation is shady and these ppl here r ridiculous saying he hurt clottey...when? What pacquaio opponent has faded into obscurity after losing? I call bs bro no disrespect to u but pacquaios reign on top is real suspect
          Its cool.
          I cant hear where he says that. His accent is too strong.
          What minute/second does he said that?

Comment

Clottey got beat by speed and this is what speed does, it has happened to tonnes of greater fighters than Clottey, when a guy faces handspeed like this and he can't get off his own punches he either stands off and allows the other guy to work, hoping to survive or he holds and bullies, something Clottey couldn't do cos Pacs handspeed was matched by his footwork.

What people tend to forget about this fight is that it happened because the last real negotiations to take place between Floyd/Pac failed ,where Floyd kept moaning about training in Philipines, PEDs and all that crap.

Comment

Roach exploited clottey weakness which is that clottey dont throw punches until you stop punching. He doesn't counter. He does push the action. This is how he lost to margarito, cotto. He always inactive when fighters throw their combination. Pacquaio was actually a match up nightmare because not only he has fast hands, but he doesn't let up and throws 100 punches per rounds. **** remember clottey lost rounds against cotto because he was stuck in his shell. He didn't start winning rounds until cotto tired himself out.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                Clottey got beat by speed and this is what speed does, it has happened to tonnes of greater fighters than Clottey, when a guy faces handspeed like this and he can't get off his own punches he either stands off and allows the other guy to work, hoping to survive or he holds and bullies, something Clottey couldn't do cos Pacs handspeed was matched by his footwork.

What people tend to forget about this fight is that it happened because the last real negotiations to take place between Floyd/Pac failed ,where Floyd kept moaning about training in Philipines, PEDs and all that crap.
                I respect dat opinion but i just dont get where he was hurt he didnt eventry to win..ive seen on 2 occasions were he suggested a fix and im not alone...im no pac hater but this even max kellerman said pac fans are a bit unrealistic...i just dont see how u can see clottey fight and think he came to win...hbo has these guys brainwashed bad here

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  I can't watch that fight again. The "Bang, bang, bang" thing really killed it for me

i had literally just finished talking about how lampley was the best in the business. then he metamorphosed into "bang bang" jim lampley.

Comment

unless lampley was fabricating it, he said that josh clottey told him that "manny had the power to hurt him."

i don't think it's out of the question at all to think that a regularly durable fighter who was forced to cover up and do nothing else was getting hurt by the punches.

Comment

before the pac vs margarito fight, i believe it was jim who made a comment right before the 1st round started, jim said clottey said if margarito thinks manny cant hurt him, he's wrong, trust me, manny can hurt him. so i guess if clottey was never hurt or didnt feel pac's weak power why would he make such a comment?

Comment

Working...
                      X