Collapse
No announcement yet.

I rewatched Pacquiao Vs Clottey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clottey was always a B- fighter. He lost all his big fights. Margarito, Cotto, Pacquiao. He didn't even look that good against Zab. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
      The reason why Clottey didn't throw in this fight was the same reason why Mosley didn't. They were both SHOOK.
      yup. clottey looked very scared all night.

Comment

Originally posted by RightJabLikeZab View Post
        Clottey was always a B- fighter. He lost all his big fights. Margarito, Cotto, Pacquiao. He didn't even look that good against Zab. lol.
        cotto loss was controversial though. i think i scored it a draw.

Comment

Clottey never once admitted that he threw the fight, you idiots are taking his words completely out of context. He mentioned how his legs felt stiff before the fight started, and that he was having a bad day before going on to say that he "had to lose that day." Africans are among the world's most religious people, so his words are almost certainly referring to a divine intervention and not a fixed fight.

Fix, or no fix, there was no way in hell Clottey was going to beat Pacquiao that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
            cotto loss was controversial though. i think i scored it a draw.
            It was not controversial. It was a close fight.

Comment

A dominating fight against an opponent hardly throwing any punches.

A dominating fight against an opponent hardly landing any punches.

You would think both fighters would get the same amount of respect for being dominating, right? Not here buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by marsatari View Post
                I respect dat opinion but i just dont get where he was hurt he didnt eventry to win..ive seen on 2 occasions were he suggested a fix and im not alone...im no pac hater but this even max kellerman said pac fans are a bit unrealistic...i just dont see how u can see clottey fight and think he came to win...hbo has these guys brainwashed bad here
                come on, fix? its ridiculous....your telling me if it wasnt a fix that clottey would have won?

Comment

Originally posted by RightJabLikeZab View Post
                  I thought he fought well vs. Zab, that was an underrated fight. He was very close vs. Cotto and dominated Corrales. I know Diego was blown up and done from the Castillo fights, but that's still impressive given his pedigree.

Clottey is/was a very good, very solid fighter. He's only had seven fights in the last seven years--getting paid from the Cotto/Judah fights must have taken a lot of his hunger away.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    come on, fix? its ridiculous....your telling me if it wasnt a fix that clottey would have won?
                    Not necessarily probaly not..but wat im saying is clottey is a good fighter b+ id say but he has proven to be very effective vs a southpaw tactically...he looked very good vs zab actually and i thought he beat cotto by a point and drew wit bricks...win lose or draw it wpuldve been a TOTALLY different fight had he came to win watch clottey mundine behind the bell..pac didnt hurt him and put up a good fight in spurts even under the in my opinion questionable circumstances

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
                      Just stop. You obviously did not see the fight. The version of Pacquiao that fought Clottey could have outboxed Mayweather with his speed and explosiveness.

Pacquiao was destroying Clottey in the Body. The commentators were saying Pac wasn't landing but I was counting dozens of clean, hard body shots.

Manny Pacquiao vs. Joshua Clottey 13.03.2010 HD by begemotya85
                      OutBOX may lol but watever...would never talk about a fight i didnt see..

Comment

Working...
                      X