No announcement yet.

Boxing? Or MMA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
    Don't watch boxing. But I can see why people like MMA.

They are 2 completely different sports. Boxers (who don't have experience in MMA, which is most of them) wouldn't last in an MMA fight with your average MMA fighter in MMA rules and vice versa.
    A prime elite boxer wipes out a whole division in the mma

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      A prime elite boxer wipes out a whole division in the mma
      In MMA rules? Nope. Unless they were trained in MMA and actually campaigned in the sport (which at that point, they'd be called an MMA fighter, not a boxer who just happens to fight MMA).

Comment

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
        In MMA rules? Nope. Unless they were trained in MMA and actually campaigned in the sport (which at that point, they'd be called an MMA fighter, not a boxer who just happens to fight MMA).
        All you have to do is catch the mma fighter coming in when they shoot for a grapple. If they try to stand and fight it would be over in a few punches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jloro View Post
          MMA is so corny but Ill watch it lol
          Not as corny as that X ARM doe.

Comment

Not as corny as that X ARM doe.
            XARM was started by one of the guys who started the UFC

Comment

• Originally posted by BWC View Post
              XARM was started by one of the guys who started the UFC
              How many events did they end up having? Are they gone now or still around?

Comment

• Does X ARM still exist? where are my X ARM experts at.

Comment

• I like both, but I like Boxing more, just because It requires more skill, were as MMA you can make up lack of skill with just brut strenght. If you have a good chin, and your a great grappler/wrestler you can over power an opponent you has a better stand up game and is weaker physically. Were in boxing even if your physically stronger you can get outclassed.

Comment

• boxing is, and has always been, my favorite sport. i like all combat sports, but boxing has the history, level of skill, pageantry and fanatics that you dont find in other disciplines.
                    i am also a fan of mma because it is the closest thing to actual combat. the most elite fighting forces in the world would train mma instead of boxing because it is much more effective in a real world situation.

Comment

All you have to do is catch the mma fighter coming in when they shoot for a grapple. If they try to stand and fight it would be over in a few punches.
                      You clearly don't watch MMA if you think it's that easy. It's impossible to consistently defend takedowns and throws by just punching. MMA fighters can kick and knee too which adds a whole other dimension in the stand-up that boxers can't deal with.

Comment

Working...
                      X