Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Haymon be forced to work with Oscar De La Hoya and HBO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    I'm pretty sure they have

Canelo
    Ghost
    Devon
    Pauli
    Zab
    Danny
    Lucas
    Russell
    Mares
    Santa Cruz
    Broner
    Maidana
    Khan
    All the young Olympic prospects like Errol spence, warren, etc

They don't have
    Floyd
    Quillen
    Porter
    Thurman
    If that's accurate than I don't see what the problem is for De La Hoya. Quillin is no loss since he's not that great in my opinion. But losing Porter & Thurman would suck. But where would they even go? Mayweather Promotions? I don't know if Mayweather would be willing to expand his promotion as big as GBP or TR though. Since he'd need to risk a lot of his money on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      If that happens I don't think Haymon really needs Schaefer, it's not like he's done a good job for GBP or will contribute major capital himself.
      Schaefer and Haymon are working together.

In recent weeks, reports of Schaefer’s strained relationship with Golden Boy President and majority shareholder Oscar De La Hoya have raised speculation that Schaefer and Haymon are moving toward a business venture together. Duva’s lawsuit claims Haymon and Schaefer are working to “wrest control” of Golden Boy.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
        If that's accurate than I don't see what the problem is for De La Hoya. Quillin is no loss since he's not that great in my opinion. But losing Porter & Thurman would suck. But where would they even go? Mayweather Promotions? I don't know if Mayweather would be willing to expand his promotion as big as GBP or TR though. Since he'd need to risk a lot of his money on it.
        Yeah I agree.. Not sure if my list is 100% accurate but it's close... Even if haymon and company bail, gbp still has a lot of marketable fighters..I don't think it will be a deathblow if haymon and Schaefer leave

Comment

If Haymon advised fighters are fighting under certain promotional banners on a fight by fight basis, all that would need to be done is use another banner i.e Goosen Tutor as an example. If Golden Boy doesn't have exclusivity over most of the top tier talent managed by Haymon, he still needs to have a relationship with him because he has the talented client base.

Top Rank is the fall back option, but if fighters continue to choose Haymon over being tied to a promoter for years, then I don't see how much their stables can grow under those circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by The Raw Dog View Post
            If Haymon advised fighters are fighting under certain promotional banners on a fight by fight basis, all that would need to be done is use another banner i.e Goosen Tutor as an example. If Golden Boy doesn't have exclusivity over most of the top tier talent managed by Haymon, he still needs to have a relationship with him because he has the talented client base.

Top Rank is the fall back option, but if fighters continue to choose Haymon over being tied to a promoter for years, then I don't see how much their stables can grow under those circumstances.
            You make a good point about promoters stables not being able to grow if haymon type agents keep signing up fighters..

It's funny how haymon gets a bad rap, but none of his fighters are signed to long term whack deals like mike koncz had manny signed... Koncz is an example,of an advisor not doing his job correctly.. Haymon protects his fighters and gets them top dollar, that's his job and he is damn good at it.. His job isn't to make fights

Comment

I'm pretty sure they have

Canelo
              Ghost
              Devon
              Pauli
              Zab
              Danny
              Lucas
              Russell
              Mares
              Santa Cruz
              Broner
              Maidana
              Khan
              All the young Olympic prospects like Errol spence, warren, etc

They don't have
              Floyd
              Quillen
              Porter
              Thurman
              All the guys you just mentioned on the first list are with Haymon, except for canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Deltoro_10 View Post
                All the guys you just mentioned on the first list are with Haymon, except for canelo
                Yeah, but they are also signed with gbp... Fighters can be signed to both as one is a manager and one is a promoter..

Comment

What's the deal with main events suing showtime, haven't heard any details. But to answer, The main question Haymon could do what he did before he solidified all his fighters under gbp and that is to spread them around to all other small promoter like he did with dibella, shaw and goosen. At least until he establishes either his company or may weather promotions

Comment

No the stronger team is Schaefer, Haymon, and Mayweather. They have a whole group right now.. The people on the outside is Oscar, and all he has is two fighters. If Lara beats Canelo.. Oscar is definitely going to be in that drug rehab depressed. Oscar right now is in a desperate situation and Bob Arum is going to take full advantage of him once again.

Comment

Yeah, but they are also signed with gbp... Fighters can be signed to both as one is a manager and one is a promoter..
                      I really hope that we're true but nobody but Haymon/Schaffer and Oscar know if the fighters are actually signed with gbp or if they are free agents that continue to work with gbp exclusively. Haymon doesn't like his clients singing long term deals

Comment

Working...
                      X