Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Haymon be forced to work with Oscar De La Hoya and HBO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Haymon be forced to work with Oscar De La Hoya and HBO?

Rumours are Golden Boy's lawyers are working the Schaefer situation through and he is unlikely to be with GBP by the end of the Summer.

Much has been made of Golden Boy's fighters being signed to Al Haymon rather than Golden Boy Promotions. However, these free agent fighters, the Thurmans and Porters still need a company to promote them and in the absence of Schaefer Golden Boy are unlikely to agree unless they sign contracts with the company. Top Rank of course are off limits to Haymon. It's also likely the HBO-GBP feud ends with De La Hoya vowing to end the Cold War.

Where else can Haymon go with these fighters?
    Last edited by Weebler I; 05-21-2014, 10:10 PM.

I dont see why he wouldnt want to work with them.

Comment

Mayweather Promotions is where they all would go that's easy to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        I dont see why he wouldnt want to work with them.
        Nor do I, it looks as if he has nowhere to go unless he strikes a deal with a smaller promo company. You'd have to think Golden Boy won't be allowing any more free agents to fight on their cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Rumours are Golden Boy's lawyers are working the Schaefer situation through and he is unlikely to be with GBP by the end of the Summer.

Much has been made of Golden Boy's fighters being signed to Al Haymon rather than Golden Boy Promotions. However, these free agent fighters, the Thurmans and Porters still need a company to promote them and in the absence of Schaefer Golden Boy are unlikely to agree unless they sign contracts with the company. Top Rank of course are off limits to Haymon. It's also likely the HBO-GBP feud ends with De La Hoya vowing to end the Cold War.

Where else can Haymon go with these fighters?
          It could be that Richard Schaefer and al haymon are making there own promotional company and Ganna have all the guys that haymon signed

Comment

Al Haymon and his fighters under that microscope right now ain't they?

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
              Mayweather Promotions is where they all would go that's easy to see.
              It's costs a lot to run a major promotional company, I read figures like $6 million a year, and it's generally a high risk business. Speculating, but I genuinely don't think FMJ cares enough to get in that deep with promoting to risk the money he earned fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
                It could be that Richard Schaefer and al haymon are making there own promotional company and Ganna have all the guys that haymon signed
                Let's say they do, and Thurman and Porter sign for the new company. Golden Boy fighters aren't going to work with them after the snub, and Top Rank won't work with any Haymon fighter. So who will they fight?

Will Haymon's new company make his guys fight each other over? They'll be unlikely to secure HBO dates since they probably won't work with him.
                Last edited by Weebler I; 05-21-2014, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Al Haymon won't have to do anything he doesn't want to. I dunno what he has planned but if he doesn't want to work with Oscar, he won't. Just like he chose not to work with arum

Comment

He has too. Peter Quillin has no opponents. The Charlos have no opponents. Top Rank has all the featherweight belts. His stable isn't deep enough to separate himself from the rest of the boxing world. People will get tired of these mismatches.

How many times can you recycle Gabe Rosado?

Comment

Working...
                    X