Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Haymon be forced to work with Oscar De La Hoya and HBO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
    good question i was also wondering heard someone say haymon cant work with top rank fighters are promotional companies even allowed to dictate managers?
    The Ali Act prohibits any agent from acting as both a promoter and a manager as I understand it. The manger is supposed to act in the fighter's interest in negotiations with the promoter. When those two parties are on the same side the fighter inevitably gets screwed.

That's why the question of additional investors is so important in the context of a GBP/Haymon split. Haymon can't just walk away unless he has somewhere to walk away to. Someone has to put the cash up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
      this is not up to date it looks like its what wiki has as raushee warren is with haymon but none the less if he has control over these fighters and the rumors are true that they have no ties to gbp on paper then no wonder oscar is running to bob all he has is canelo i bet hes thanking god for that lol
      That list is useless if the fighters in it rarely fight. Khan, Matthysse, Berto, Guerrero and many others are now fighting an average of one fight a year. A number of them are only seen on PPV. Showtime subscribers have been screwed. Their non PPV fights are extremely rare, anyways. Fans, in general, have been patient. You're making mountains out of crap. Forget it. Schaefer/Haymon will disappear and Oscar will be just fine. Forget it.

Comment

• Of course some of haymon fighters have contracts with GBP and GBP can only offer the haymon signed fighters nothing but toprank fights and nothing haymon can do about it.

Only fights haymon can offer his only haymon signed figthers are Maywaether promotion fights (thats bey, badu,love,luis arias,mayweather,)

Comment

Working...
        X