No announcement yet.

Arum to try to negotiate GGG/Chavez Jr again with father present

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    JCC Sr was retweeting all JR's $47m Haymon stuff. He's probably on his son's side.

Why does Arum want this fight so bad? Froch will be keen on the Chavez bout and it will arguably be more winnable/less damaging.
    GGG did whatever they wanted and probably taking less money than a potential Froch fight

Comment

Actually I've just realised why Bob's so keen on the fight, he probably wants 2-3 fight options on Golovkin. He still has an option on Provo.
      He does? I didn't know that, but it makes sense

But still, I'm not complaining. He's willing to match his guys against out-of-house fighters who can actually fight..... That's fantastic for the fans and the sport

Crawford-Gamboa is another one upcoming

Edit: I agree with your edit

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
        GGG did whatever they wanted and probably taking less money than a potential Froch fight
        Probably including options. How many did he get on Provo, 2? I know he fought two TR fighters, and still has an option on him.

Comment

I thought GGG was negotiating with Geale? Thats a good fight

Martinez called Cotto a Diva but JCC Jr is a way bigger Diva than Cotto ever could be

Comment

Probably including options. How many did he get on Provo, 2? I know he fought two TR fighters, and still has an option on him.
            Eh, I heard they had one more with Provo and they failed to use it before he made a fight with Algeri, but he built a good relationship with TR and HBO in that span

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            I thought GGG was negotiating with Geale? Thats a good fight

Martinez called Cotto a Diva but JCC Jr is a way bigger Diva than Cotto ever could be

Said hes up there.

Find out this week if the WBA takes the exemption and if not, if he keeps the belt.

Also is it just me... or have Golovkin's English speaking skills dropped? Couple of vids I've seen, he doesn't really answer questions

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
              Eh, I heard they had one more with Provo and they failed to use it before he made a fight with Algeri, but he built a good relationship with TR and HBO in that span
              So Bob just let the option expire? I'm skeptical on that, they're going to use it for Pacquiao imo. Provo situation is different as Bob has got opponents for him, who has he got for Golovkin, Korobov and a Chavez rematch?

Also is it just me... or have Golovkin's English speaking skills dropped? Couple of vids I've seen, he doesn't really answer questions
              I guess it comes with being in Germany/Kazahkstan, I think he's funnier with broken English.

On the WBA situation, Golovkin should just vacate if they don't give him an exemption imo. He's got the IBO and he's the biggest draw in the division. For me the Geale fight must happen.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                LMFAO..

1- you went and told his father

2- you want to make the fight on the same date Floyd is fighting on???
                Why not?
                Mexicans are going to choose to watch Chavez Jr over Floyd any day thus Bob Arum gets to hurt Frauds PPV #'s
                Very good idea, I know I'd much rather watch Chavez Jr vs GGG over Fraud vs Maidana.

Comment

Junior better not make the same mistakes as some recent fighters, he should take the fight and the money that comes with it cos he'll be sitting out for years if he doesn't and fight for pennies :/

Comment

So Bob just let the option expire? I'm skeptical on that, they're going to use it for Pacquiao imo. Provo situation is different as Bob has got opponents for him, who has he got for Golovkin, Korobov and a Chavez rematch?

I guess it comes with being in Germany/Kazahkstan, I think he's funnier with broken English.

On the WBA situation, Golovkin should just vacate if they don't give him an exemption imo. He's got the IBO and he's the biggest draw in the division. For me the Geale fight must happen.
                    For Pac though, you wouldn't need an option. Knowing Bob.... the option would be for a fight nobody would want to watch to make money off of it.

Doubt it'll be Vargas because that's a future Pac opponent, lol.

I wouldn't mind if he vacates... then he's back in the mandatory scene and he'd have a better chance there than trying to unify

Comment

Originally posted by 2014Classic View Post
                      People still going to stick up for Arum. Like this guy has every boxers and fans interest in mind.
                      Any promoter who wants to throw his troubled cash cow in with GGG, yes he has the fans interest in mind (in this case anyway LOL)

Look at GBP's stance with their "Send us an offer". Well they got sent an offer. They are the big promotional house on the block, they should want what GGG has. Why don't they send an offer? GGG should not be seeking out quillin, it should be the other way around.

Comment

Working...
                      X