Arum to try to negotiate GGG/Chavez Jr again with father present

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    Because he thinks his dad will side with him
    I know that, and that's the point. It comes across as incredibly offensive. Arum trying essentially to 'son' Chavez Jr.

If I were Chavez Jr. I couldn't even entertain something like that. Trying to come between my family. That lack of decorum sheds light on so many fighters' dissatisfaction in dealings with Arum

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      Any promoter who wants to throw his troubled cash cow in with GGG, yes he has the fans interest in mind (in this case anyway LOL)

Look at GBP's stance with their "Send us an offer". Well they got sent an offer. They are the big promotional house on the block, they should want what GGG has. Why don't they send an offer? GGG should not be seeking out quillin, it should be the other way around.
      Nah, Quillin the hottest MW, Golovkin can't connect to the people like him.

Golovkin needs to build his name up

Comment

For Pac though, you wouldn't need an option. Knowing Bob.... the option would be for a fight nobody would want to watch to make money off of it.

Doubt it'll be Vargas because that's a future Pac opponent, lol.

I wouldn't mind if he vacates... then he's back in the mandatory scene and he'd have a better chance there than trying to unify
        Yeah and of them, the IBF really enforce their mandatories. It would be amusing watching Sturm forced to accept the fight or vacate.

People used to criticise the WBO when Eubank held it, kind of like the situation the IBO is in now, but the fighter makes the belt by how he defends the belt. Eubank took on tough opponents, if Golovkin does the same it's worth more than Sturm and Quillin's straps.

Comment

Nah, Quillin the hottest MW, Golovkin can't connect to the people like him.

Golovkin needs to build his name up
          Way past time both Quillen and GGG faced some real competition, facing each other would work for me.

Comment

Sr should just sign jr's contracts for him, they do have the same name

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
              Way past time both Quillen and GGG faced some real competition, facing each other would work for me.
              Well it is time for GBP to stop protecting their youngster and do something with him. His entire career is stagnant, but they continue to sit back and wait for the Kochany's of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                Well it is time for GBP to stop protecting their youngster and do something with him. His entire career is stagnant, but they continue to sit back and wait for the Kochany's of the world.
                Absolute truth in what you say, but lets not pretend GGG handlers have been any more receptive to tough fights

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                  Absolute truth in what you say, but lets not pretend GGG handlers have been any more receptive to tough fights
                  Well from the looks of things, they have been trying to get those fights (except maybe ward), for quite a while now. They cannot help it if everyone is turning yellow.

Comment

Now I wonder who daddy really backs

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X