Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim Lampley doesnt think Pac style would trouble Floyd.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    ya he is quick, I actually think Pac being smaller and faster is more of advantage harder to catch clean, IMO i think Floyd would have to try to walk him down like he did Zab.
    I really don't think Sr. would have Floyd walk towards Pacquiao. Bradley tried that and was exhausted by the 6th with all the evasive upper body movement.

I think Floyd's best plan would be to counter off the ropes like he did against Cotto. His head is hard to hit, and while it's easier to go to the body, Pac would be left open to counters.

Comment

Maidana was too close to floyd on the ropes. Even when Floyd would clinch and Maidana still had a arm free and was banging the body, the ref immediatly stopped it.

I thought Maidana would take a step back and throw a uppercut when that happened like he did against Broner.

This would never happen against Pacquiao. Pacquiao would throw straight combinations from the outside when Floyd is on the ropes and then pivot out. No chance for Floyd to clinch. He would just stand there with his hands up getting pummeled.

Comment

Floyd is a intelligent fighter and can see weaknesses in his opponents, he chooses them and takes them to school.

There is a very good reason why the pac fight was never made.

Pac would be a nightmare for floyd, especially back in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
          Floyd is a intelligent fighter and can see weaknesses in his opponents, he chooses them and takes them to school.

There is a very good reason why the pac fight was never made.

Pac would be a nightmare for floyd, especially back in his prime.
          I agree to a certain point, that foot speed and hands back during 09 was insane.
          But do you think Pac could beat Floyd at 130? I think Floyd at that time would be the clear cut winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
            This means Pacquiao has a good chance against Floyd, seeing Lampley hasn't learned a thing about boxing after all of these years. More of a gossip kind of guy.
            Lampley copy/pasted his comments from some internet source.

Comment

Ya Floyd also has the longer reach, but with control of distance i think its easy when your opponent is right in front of you, when i saw Chino crouch down and use feints at certain times and jab his way out when Floyd got him against the ropes, Floyd seemed to lose he ability to counter.
              Chino's use of feints in those middle round was a nice addition to his once 1 dimensional fight game. Pac being a veteran and using feints his whole career would be a lot more successful setting Floyd up.

Chino seemed to land a lot more of his lefts than his rights, Pac's a lefty, do the math.

Comment

Originally posted by Croyd View Post
                Chino's use of feints in those middle round was a nice addition to his once 1 dimensional fight game. Pac being a veteran and using feints his whole career would be a lot more successful setting Floyd up.

Chino seemed to land a lot more of his lefts than his rights, Pac's a lefty, do the math.
                The thing is i was watching the Marquez 4 and second Bradley fight today, i noticed Pac also struggles when his opponents jump back out of the way, he also is open for that right hand, if Floyd still has his legs idk his reach and height could be a problem, because so far Floyd stands more now. he doest have that bounce anymore like watch when the 1st round of that 2nd Bradley fight started how he was bouncing back and foward, Floyd mostly just circles round causally walking.

Comment

I agree to a certain point, that foot speed and hands back during 09 was insane.
                  But do you think Pac could beat Floyd at 130? I think Floyd at that time would be the clear cut winner.
                  jeez man, thats hard to say.

Floyd took more risks and was more aggressive back then (my preferred version of floyd).

Pac was probably less skilled as a boxer but he also took more risks, was animalistic and unpredictable.

I would have to sit on the fence for that one, its a 50/50 for me.

It would have been great to see, it saddens me that we could never get these 2 boxers who are the best of our generation in the ring while they were prime.
                  Last edited by RAV3N; 05-08-2014, 04:38 AM. Reason: beer typing

Comment

The thing is i was watching the Marquez 4 and second Bradley fight today, i noticed Pac also struggles when his opponents jump back out of the way, he also is open for that right hand, if Floyd still has his legs idk his reach and height could be a problem, because so far Floyd stands more now. he doest have that bounce anymore like watch when the 1st round of that 2nd Bradley fight started how he was bouncing back and foward, Floyd mostly just circles round causally walking.
                    The last lefty Floyd fought was Guerrero I believe. I could see a a repeat of that as well where Floyd lands that lightning fast straight right all fight.
                    But it's the feints and the respect of the other mans power that would change this.
                    They need to sign this fight already and stop the BS talk about a rematch with Chino.

Comment

And yet another professional involved in the sport of boxing that knows Pac would be easy work for Floyd. But of course the opinions of world class trainers, fighters, commentators doesn't mean **** to the delusional minds of some pac fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X