Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim Lampley doesnt think Pac style would trouble Floyd.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    You said it's an opinion, I said it was fact illustrated with results. Now you want to talk Canelo...
    for a draw or win pre-fight. He was a heavy underdog.
    Only that the results that you illustrated your "fact" with are also opinions - that of the judges. Keep arguing your case though, I can keep this up all day...

Comment

You said it's an opinion, I said it was fact illustrated with results. Now you want to talk Canelo...

Sure, but nowhere did you say it was going to be close or that Maidana would win or draw.

Let's be honest about it, very few people thought Maidana would have a claim for a draw or win pre-fight. He was a heavy underdog.
      But you cant assume someone is **** because of odds. Lets be honest wasn't Floyd a high favorite because he just schooled Canelo and Pac was like what only 5-1 favorite against Rios? If Floyd fought Rios he would have been a 12-1 or more favorite and that says a lot in that people think Floyds that much better.

Comment

Originally posted by fighter1234 View Post
        The worst part is that some people actually think that Bradley is comparable to Floyd...he isn't. Think Bradley in the early part of the Pac rematch and multiply exponentially. That's what Mayweather would bring to the the table. He's straight right is 10 times better, better left hook and his reach is much longer than Bradley's, not to mention his ATG defense. Plus Mayweather won't gas half way through the fight, he only gets stronger down the stretch. Pacquiao isn't magic. He has problems with fundamentally sound boxers and he would be in a living nightmare against one of the most sound boxers in the history of the sport.
        Floyd would never come forward like Bradley did anyway so the point is moot. He would gas if he's having to move his upper body constantly to avoid punches on the front-foot like Bradley did. But he would never do that with Pacquiao or any volume puncher, his natural inclination is to move backwards, he's a defensive fighter.

Only that the results that you illustrated your "fact" with are also opinions - that of the judges. Keep arguing your case though, I can keep this up all day...
        They are, in fact, the results of the fight. Pacquiao won his fight clearly, Mayweather's fight was close - in fact.

The only thing you can really argue is that Maidana is better than Bradley, do you believe that?
        Last edited by Weebler I; 05-08-2014, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Floyd would never come forward like Bradley did anyway so the point is moot. He would gas if he's having to move his upper body constantly to avoid punches on the front-foot like Bradley did.
          What point is moot? Are you saying that Floyd would be unable land his right hands like Bradley did because he doesn't come forward? Lol...

Comment

What point is moot? Are you saying that Floyd would be unable land his right hands like Bradley did because he doesn't come forward? Lol...
            Bradley gassed because he fought on the front-foot and was constantly moving his upper body to avoid Pacquiao's punches. Floyd wouldn't be in that situation because he wouldn't fight on the front foot against Pacquiao.

I can't believe some people think Floyd would even try to walk Pacquiao down, let alone achieve it. It's not his preferred style and it's not an intelligent one against a fast counter-puncher who throws in volume.

Comment

They are, in fact, the results of the fight. Pacquiao won his fight clearly, Mayweather's fight was close - in fact.
              Let's not deviate too much from the initial argument shall we? You asserted that Pacquiao's win against Bradley was more impressive than Floyd's against Maidana. That is your opinion. I thought Pacquiao's was less impressive. The judges scorecards =/= how impressive a win is...as countless different fights have shown in the past.

Comment

Let's not deviate too much from the initial argument shall we? You asserted that Pacquiao's win against Bradley was more impressive than Floyd's against Maidana. That is your opinion. I thought Pacquiao's was less impressive. The judges scorecards =/= how impressive a win is...as countless different fights have shown in the past.
                I said it was the better performance against a better opponent. The results of the bouts (in fact) back me up on the performance aspect with MP winning three on all three cards, the only thing open to debate is whether Bradley is a better welterweight opponent than Maidana, do you feel that he is not?

Comment

Bradley gassed because he fought on the front-foot and was constantly moving his upper body to avoid Pacquiao's punches. Floyd wouldn't be in that situation because he wouldn't fight on the front foot against Pacquiao.

I can't believe some people think Floyd would even try to walk Pacquiao down, let alone achieve it. It's not his preferred style and it's not an intelligent one against a fast counter-puncher who throws in volume.
                  Ok fair enough but why even bring that up? I wasn't arguing why Bradley gassed and Floyd wouldn't, I just included it as one of the many attributes that Floyd possesses which would make him a living nightmare for Pac.

Comment

Ok fair enough but why even bring that up? I wasn't arguing why Bradley gassed and Floyd wouldn't, I just included it as one of the many attributes that Floyd possesses which would make him a living nightmare for Pac.
                    My point is that Floyd would gas too if he fought like Bradley did in those first 6 rounds (i.e. on the front-foot).

I can see ways Floyd can win. If he fought like Bradley did in R.11 or like he did against Cotto countering off the ropes. I just don't believe he walks Pacquiao down as Shrambolic was arguing.

Comment

People over exaggerate the stylistic match up in this fight, to think the fight isn't 50-50 stylistically is absurd. There are so many more factors aside from Floyd being a fundamentally sound/gifted boxer, more than him having a great right hand and its more than Pacquiao being a volume puncher with odd angles and great aggressive techniques.

These two are flat out elite fighters and they have proven that themselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X