Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim Lampley doesnt think Pac style would trouble Floyd.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    Good points, but is there any advantage you would think Floyd might have or bring to the table, if so what would it be?
    I'm not sure Pacquiao would do well with Floyd leaning back over the ropes countering. He's short, so maybe wouldn't reach FMJ's head.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      Floyd's biggest asset which seemed to not be there against Maidana is control of distance. Distance control.

If Floyd controls the distance at which Pacquiao throws/setups punches. If he controls which way Manny moves. If he can control Manny's legs he will win the fight.
      Mayweather's rapidly declining accuracy, handspeed and stamina coupled with Pac's head and lateral movement will nullify his distance control.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
        Floyd's biggest asset which seemed to not be there against Maidana is control of distance. Distance control.

If Floyd controls the distance at which Pacquiao throws/setups punches. If he controls which way Manny moves. If he can control Manny's legs he will win the fight.
        Ya Floyd also has the longer reach, but with control of distance i think its easy when your opponent is right in front of you, when i saw Chino crouch down and use feints at certain times and jab his way out when Floyd got him against the ropes, Floyd seemed to lose he ability to counter.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
          Mayweather's rapidly declining accuracy, handspeed and stamina coupled with Pac's head and lateral movement will nullify his distance control.
          You don't think he would clinch, Pacs not a dirty fighter and i don't think he could man handle Floyd because he isn't as big as Chino he was like 165 at fight night. That lateral movement and when Pac feints could be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
            You don't think he would clinch, Pacs not a dirty fighter and i don't think he could man handle Floyd because he isn't as big as Chino he was like 165 at fight night. That lateral movement and when Pac feints could be a problem.
            Hatton tried to clinch Pacquiao but he catches you big on the way in, he's too quick.

Comment

Interesting comments from Lampley.

Comment

This means Pacquiao has a good chance against Floyd, seeing Lampley hasn't learned a thing about boxing after all of these years. More of a gossip kind of guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  Hatton tried to clinch Pacquiao but he catches you big on the way in, he's too quick.
                  ya he is quick, I actually think Pac being smaller and faster is more of advantage harder to catch clean, IMO i think Floyd would have to try to walk him down like he did Zab.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    That was Pacquiao at his absolute peak, that Pacman was a monster.

Comment

pac has a better shot of beating floyd than maidana has

Comment

Working...
                      X