Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim Lampley doesnt think Pac style would trouble Floyd.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    This is actually the perfect time for the fight to happen. Before if Floyd fought Pac people where saying Pac's past his prime and no credit would have been given to Floyd if he won. Now everyone is saying Floyd is shot worse than Pac or there both past it. The fighter who wins now should get full credit from either side.
    I'm all for the fight happening. No one is more keen in watching the fight than a Mayweather fan. Just tell Pacquiao not to resign with Arum. It's that simple and you know it. Just like Cotto did. He can fight Floyd and then he can resign with TR if he so pleases. But we all know what Pacquiao's going to do right?

Comment

Originally posted by fighter1234 View Post
      I'm afraid that is also an opinion.
      In fact, it's the results of the fight. Pacquiao: UD Mayweather: MD

Originally posted by Shambrolic View Post
      Pac will be backed up to the ropes, Mayweather will smother him and Pacquiao doesn't move lateral as well as Mayweather let alone his arms are shorter.
      This isn't Mayweather's style at all.

You can list loads and thousands of professionals that said Maidana was going to bring such tactics and make the fight muddier than everyone will expect. Even Mayweather said it before the fight.. That this fight wasn't going to be like the whitewashes he put on Canelo and Guerrero, he's going to welcome Maidana's style.

Yet everyone is saying everyone is surprised?
      Virtually no one thought Maidana would win, or make it close enough to win.

Comment

PAC needs to be from mid range to throw shots and he is conventional in someways as Lampley was addressing. I'm surprised he gave an actual analysis instead of his usual bias rambling for anything against Mayweather. As he said its like the De La Hoya fight everything landing isn't landing, all these gifts you see of Maidana doing anything on the ropes were in the first and second round. That 8th where he supposedly landing those uppercuts were blocked why you think he never threw it anymore? Because Floyd smashed him with a straight right to the body. People do not give Mayweather credit for his body work which made Maidana clinch and weigh on him so Maidana can throw with one hand and smother Mayweather comebacks. Listen to Garcia in the corner.. He told Maidana to clinch and make it dirty but these guys were suppose to be winning? The longest Mayweather was on the ropes were round 1.

Pacquaio doesn't clinch and/or smother he throws straight punches most of the time , the or who will be the aggressor in the Mayweather PAC showdown will be Mayweather. Pac will be backed up to the ropes, Mayweather will smother him and Pacquiao doesn't move lateral as well as Mayweather let alone his arms are shorter.
        You need to stop sucking floyd's ball sack and be realistic for a change and then you might gain a little respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          win.
          So Mayweather vs Maidana was as impressive as Mayweather vs Canelo? Since they had the same scorecards and all?

Comment

I'm afraid that is also an opinion.
            They talk about Mayweather running and having a harder time in his fight against an opponent that is an easy opponent, yet give Pacquaio praise saying he disposed a top fighter with ease. Pacquiao arguably lost those first 5 rounds, he was backing up keeping his guard up while Bradley was catching him with most telegraph shots. As you can see in my sig, Pacquaio didn't know what to but back up and try to keep Bradley away... When Bradley suddenly got slower and out of the fight that's when Pacquaio had any type of offense and he still wasn't hitting clean often.

If Pacquaio was getting hit clean with overhands and winging shots than he is definitely going to look crap against Maidana who throws a mean overhand, move his head, have a damn good jab. People need to stop comparing Maidana to rios and Margarito, he's much better than either fighter and throw much more punches and at weirder angles while they stand up right and have to make sure they have a clear opening.

Comment

I thought it was actually going to be a hard fight, I posted this a week prior to the fight.

Any one actually took the time to study the match? i know everyone assumes Floyd would win easy because Chino is a come-forward slow brawler but i think people might be in for a surprise. He actually is smarter then people think he sets up his punch well going body to head, take a look at this KO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HANRDJMWobE , he did it in the Broner fight too.

Also every opponent so far hes faced even if he didn't KO them he landed his right hand. If you get lazy like Khan did in round 10 he will connect. His right is fast idk why people say he slow its actually not.

Comment

This isn't Mayweather's style at all.

They said Maidana isn't going to make it pretty and make it look hard for Mayweather. Many said that Maidana will attempt to make Mayweather work.

Also you and many others are wrong trying to define how Mayweather will fight Pacquiao. You must had missed his fights from 2010-2012. Pacquaio had a ****ty jab so he will never be able to get off on Mayweather and will be timed. His arms will also be the shortest Mayweather went up against. Mayweather just keep feint jabbing him to lure him and walk him down. Plus Pacquaio foot placement isn't very smart and he will find himself out of position a lot. Mayweather doesn't get mesmerized.. He make those who fight him become frustrated.
                Last edited by Shambrolic; 05-08-2014, 06:10 AM.

Comment

So Mayweather vs Maidana was as impressive as Mayweather vs Canelo? Since they had the same scorecards and all?
                  You said it's an opinion, I said it was fact illustrated with results. Now you want to talk Canelo...

I thought it was actually going to be a hard fight, I posted this a week prior to the fight.
                  Sure, but nowhere did you say it was going to be close or that Maidana would win or draw.

Let's be honest about it, very few people thought Maidana would have a claim for a draw or win pre-fight. He was a heavy underdog.

Comment

They talk about Mayweather running and having a harder time in his fight against an opponent that is an easy opponent, yet give Pacquaio praise saying he disposed a top fighter with ease. Pacquiao arguably lost those first 5 rounds, he was backing up keeping his guard up while Bradley was catching him with most telegraph shots. As you can see in my sig, Pacquaio didn't know what to but back up and try to keep Bradley away... When Bradley suddenly got slower and out of the fight that's when Pacquaio had any type of offense and he still wasn't hitting clean often.

If Pacquaio was getting hit clean with overhands and winging shots than he is definitely going to look crap against Maidana who throws a mean overhand, move his head, have a damn good jab. People need to stop comparing Maidana to rios and Margarito, he's much better than either fighter and throw much more punches and at weirder angles while they stand up right and have to make sure they have a clear opening.
                    The worst part is that some people actually think that Bradley is comparable to Floyd...he isn't. Think Bradley in the early part of the Pac rematch and multiply exponentially. That's what Mayweather would bring to the the table. He's straight right is 10 times better, better left hook and his reach is much longer than Bradley's, not to mention his ATG defense. Plus Mayweather won't gas half way through the fight, he only gets stronger down the stretch. Pacquiao isn't magic. He has problems with fundamentally sound boxers and he would be in a living nightmare against one of the most sound boxers in the history of the sport.

Comment

They said Maidana isn't going to make it pretty and make it look hard for Mayweather. Many said that Maidana will attempt to make Mayweather work.

Also you and many others are wrong trying to define how Mayweather will fight Pacquiao. You must had missed his fights from 2010-2012. Pacquaio had a ****ty jab so he will never be able to get off on Mayweather and will be timed. His arms will also be the shortest Mayweather went up against. Mayweather just keep feint jabbing him to lure him and walk him down.
                      Well if you know anything about Pacquiao, you'll know he counter-punches when he gets hit. He's not going to take a jab and go backwards, he'll throw back with speed and volume.

Mayweather on the other hand strongly prefers to fight on the backfoot. The notion that Floyd will walk him down is a peculiar one, out of step with their styles.

Comment

Working...
                      X