Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim Lampley doesnt think Pac style would trouble Floyd.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Lampley doesnt think Pac style would trouble Floyd.

I just read a article and i'm really surprised at what Lampley said.

He was talking about the Maidana fight, and said he thought Floyd won 115-113. He said Maidanas punches troubled Floyd because it's shots he couldn't see coming like a low uppercut and that overhand right. Maidanas recklessness cause him problems. The interviewer asked him about what he thought about the crowd booing in the end when they heard the descion. Lampley said its kinda like the Delahoya fight where alot of time the crowd thinks Floyds getting hit against the ropes when hes actually not.

Now the interviewer asks him if Pac can cause the same issues and he says no.
    Hes says Pac has a very conventional approach, and he throws punches from the the same angles like every other great fighter does, he doesn't throw high in the air or low from the floor. Lampley says the way Pac squares his shoulders he'd be a sitting duck for Floyds right hand.

i hate when people dont source "news" like this

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      i hate when people dont source "news" like this
      My bad heres the source really good read
      http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...eathers-mettle

Comment

Lampley scored it 7-5.

And now Pacquiao is conventional, while Maidana is unconventional...lol

Jim should stick to commentating, leave the analysis to those charged with analysis.

Comment

Good read, very valid points from Lamps.

Comment

Lampley smh. Mayweather couldn't stop the jab of Maidana at times and let himself get bumrushed. He looked magnificent against weak ass Robert Guerrero.

Pacquiao is gonna be throwing left hands and stepping to his right. Right hooks, rolling under the counter left. Pac doesn't smother himself and therefore won't need to be broken up unless Floyd initiates the clinch since Pacquiao seldom clinches.

Comment

Lampley smh. Mayweather couldn't stop the jab of Maidana at times and let himself get bumrushed. He looked magnificent against weak ass Robert Guerrero.

Pacquiao is gonna be throwing left hands and stepping to his right. Right hooks, rolling under the counter left. Pac doesn't smother himself and therefore won't need to be broken up unless Floyd initiates the clinch since Pacquiao seldom clinches.
              and his outright speed and angles make him the most unconventional fighter out there.

Comment

I think at a high pace fight the height difference in Floyd and Pacquiao benefits Manny too. It's a given that what Floyd does traditionally works well for everyone he faces, but straight right hand over the top?

Is it not preferable Manny catches Floyd with the left when he is also throwing the right hand? Pacquiao needs to keep his lead foot on the outside against Floyd.

Comment

I think at a high pace fight the height difference in Floyd and Pacquiao benefits Manny too. It's a given that what Floyd does traditionally works well for everyone he faces, but straight right hand over the top?

Is it not preferable Manny catches Floyd with the left when he is also throwing the right hand? Pacquiao needs to keep his lead foot on the outside against Floyd.
                  Good points, but is there any advantage you would think Floyd might have or bring to the table, if so what would it be?

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                    Good points, but is there any advantage you would think Floyd might have or bring to the table, if so what would it be?
                    Floyd's biggest asset which seemed to not be there against Maidana is control of distance. Distance control.

If Floyd controls the distance at which Pacquiao throws/setups punches. If he controls which way Manny moves. If he can control Manny's legs he will win the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X