No announcement yet.

The Greatness of Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
    Well if you are dismissing Wlad for fighting (and not always beating) B-level competition then you kind of instantly eliminate Tyson from any ATG conversation by proxy.

I don't quite follow that method so I think Wlad and Tyson were both very good and that their poor competition was more of a burden to their careers than a blessing (other than financially...).
    lol here we go again, if we dont coc**uck the european white fighters were racists or brainwashed occidental people. Cut the crap.

Both Klitschkos are in my top 5-15 ATG heavyweight, which is reaaaally high. However their fans need to realize they the brothers are probably in the weakest ere ever in the heavyweight division. And when I see these fans claiming that I am jerking on boxers of the past without reason, I think they are just ignorant, or kids under 15 years who have no idea how a monster Foreman was back in the time, how good and incredebile are Ali's achievement, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
      how is wlad greater then tyson......?

muhahahaha
      Not better, greater. I'd say Wlad's greater. Not like Tyson has some murderer's row of great competition that he beat. Wlad's done it a long time and picked up a lot of solid wins, if nothing special.

Now H2H, I'd pick Tyson to decapitate Wlad. It's the worst possible matchup I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
        lol here we go again, if we dont coc**uck the european white fighters were racists or brainwashed occidental people. Cut the crap.

Both Klitschkos are in my top 5-15 ATG heavyweight, which is reaaaally high. However their fans need to realize they the brothers are probably in the weakest ere ever in the heavyweight division. And when I see these fans claiming that I am jerking on boxers of the past without reason, I think they are just ignorant, or kids under 15 years who have no idea how a monster Foreman was back in the time, how good and incredebile are Ali's achievement, etc...
        Why would Vitali be anywhere near the top 15 heavyweights ever? He never did anything to earn that kind of recognition. Wlad has, but Vitali never did.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
          "Frank Bruno, Tony Tucker, Trevor Berbick, Michael Spinks. past prime larry holmes "

rest my case

What would be considered Tyson's biggest win? Past-prime Holmes (which Wladimir would be mocked for) or 6'2" 210 pound Michael Spinks (which Wlad would be mocked for)?
          Spinks has 2 better wins than any wins the Klitschko brothers have combined.

Comment

No they are not. Can you say Dempsey, Rocky Marciano, Joe Loius, Holmes? Those were weaker eras.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Why would Vitali be anywhere near the top 15 heavyweights ever? He never did anything to earn that kind of recognition. Wlad has, but Vitali never did.
              I think that Vitali is the better of the two brothers. I think that Wlad is a beatable boxer, Steward did a great job at showing him how to protect his jaw with his long range and keep his opponents at distance, but he's beatable. A fat Sam Peter was near to knock him out, some other guys have done it. On the other hand, Vitali had an amazing chin and was less gun shy, so I think he was more difficult to fight than his brother. Also Vitali showed me that he could be competitive against an ATG like Lewis.

Vitali took a monster uppercut by Lewis and kept fighting, I don't think Wlad would have continue...

Comment

I think that Vitali is the better of the two brothers. I think that Wlad is a beatable boxer, Steward did a great job at showing him how to protect his jaw with his long range and keep his opponents at distance, but he's beatable. A fat Sam Peter was near to knock him out, some other guys have done it. On the other hand, Vitali had an amazing chin and was less gun shy, so I think he was more difficult to fight than his brother. Also Vitali showed me that he could be competitive against an ATG like Lewis.

Vitali took a monster uppercut by Lewis and kept fighting, I don't think Wlad would have continue...
                I agree with you on Vitali being better, and I always liked watching him fight, but he still didn't do much. At the end of the day greatness is usually determined by what a fighter did. Vitali's career is really nothing in comparison to the guys who rank that high on the ATG list at HW, including his brother.

Comment

I didn't call you racist. Pigsfly, Pan-Africanist and a few other posters on here are clearly "Which one's black? OK he wins." posters, but I said no such thing to you. that other guy mentioned your race.

I just meant as a Canadian you probably grew up surrounded by mythology about the golden days where American/British HWs ruled, much of which is exaggerated.

Have you honestly sat through the entire careers of the HW greats or just watched their biggest matches/read praise articles?

They all fought bums in a way that would be considered unacceptable nowadays. Fixing tune-up fights was nearly universal. Most of them were the size of modern cruiserweights and while there were a few "true" heavyweights they were mostly untrained sideshows.

When people talk about how they would mow through the modern division I tend to think they've been subjected to "selective history".

Comment

Vitali is up there because of H2H and intangibles and some records going in his favour...3-time champ, never knocked down...never behind on cards...2nd highest KO%, undefeated in 10 years, showed his performance level v an ATG...honestly Vitali could have broken the Joe Louis record if he was active during 04-08...I wonder where he would be ranked by everyone had he not been injured then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
                      I didn't call you racist. Pigsfly, Pan-Africanist and a few other posters on here are clearly "Which one's black? OK he wins." posters, but I said no such thing to you. that other guy mentioned your race.

I just meant as a Canadian you probably grew up surrounded by mythology about the golden days where American/British HWs ruled, much of which is exaggerated.

Have you honestly sat through the entire careers of the HW greats or just watched their biggest matches/read praise articles?

They all fought bums in a way that would be considered unacceptable nowadays. Fixing tune-up fights was nearly universal. Most of them were the size of modern cruiserweights and while there were a few "true" heavyweights they were mostly untrained sideshows.

When people talk about how they would mow through the modern division I tend to think they've been subjected to "selective history".
                      I actually agree with you that some fighters of the past are overrated and would have get destroyed by the brothers. However when I see a 48 years old Foreman connecting with a 58% ratio against Briggs and for most people deserved the win, the only think It's saying to me is that it is a weak a$s era. When I see an old, out of shape Lewis in a war against Vitali and in my opinion Vitali was holding for his life at the end of the fight, and then after I see the brothers dominating everyone, once again it's telling me that this era is weak as fuc k.

Comment

Working...
                      X