No announcement yet.

The Greatness of Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
    Again with the if Klitschko was black. I've told you and dont give a damn fuc k about Wlad's skin color. Stop playing the damn victim.

The reason Im not high on the Klit is because they didnt beat anybody really good (not their fault though that it's a ****ty era). Like I said, both brothers deserve respect and are incredible and dominant fighters, but ******ed like you who underestimate the legends of the past are just ignorant. It's like saying Hagler-Duran-Leonard are not that good and that people are jerking over fighters of the past. This is just plain ignorant. Both broters would not land a punch on a prime Ali.
    That guy is obsessed with race. He needs to let that paranoia go already.

Comment

how is wlad greater then tyson......?

muhahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
        Again with the if Klitschko was black. I've told you and dont give a damn fuc k about Wlad's skin color. Stop playing the damn victim.

The reason Im not high on the Klit is because they didnt beat anybody really good (not their fault though that it's a ****ty era). Like I said, both brothers deserve respect and are incredible and dominant fighters, but ******ed like you who underestimate the legends of the past are just ignorant. It's like saying Hagler-Duran-Leonard are not that good and that people are jerking over fighters of the past. This is just plain ignorant. Both broters would not land a punch on a prime Ali.
        I believe you're white which isn't relevant, but if you denied that you were American/Canadian/British I wouldn't believe you. You display clear "cultural conditioning" unique to those countries and their shared medias in regards to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post

muhahahaha
          to say wlad is greater then holmes,foreman,louis and ali is a huge stretch

but tyson,, while being 1 of the most if not the most polarizing charismatic figure in boxing is certainly not the greatest heavy. some dont have him in the top 10. i think tyson is ahead of wlad, but if some1 has wlad ahead of tyson then thats fine w/ me.

yes wlad has lost to 3 b-c level heavies, but tyson also lost alot of his biggest fights. holyfield 2x, lennox, douglas. his best win is prolly spinks which i do think was a great victory

Comment

muhahahaha
            Well if you are dismissing Wlad for fighting (and not always beating) B-level competition then you kind of instantly eliminate Tyson from any ATG conversation by proxy.

I don't quite follow that method so I think Wlad and Tyson were both very good and that their poor competition was more of a burden to their careers than a blessing (other than financially...).

Comment

A great fighter. Top 10 all time HW.

Comment

Although some Klitschko fans go too far and do underestimate past opponents and in ways disrespect them, that's the same as what the opposite side is doing by underestimating and disrespecting the brothers by saying things like 'they wouldn't lay a glove on Ali' or 'Tyson would get them out of there in 1 round'. Although the brothers haven't fought as high a level of competition as the Ali's, Foreman's and Holmes's of this world, neither did those guys fight anyone with the combination of size, weight, skills and power as the brothers.

So both sides should respect each other and hold their opinions but not shove these opinions down either's throat, all this causes are these pointless arguments. At the end of the day there will never be a fully unanimous agreement, and it wouldn't matter as there is no set-in-stone fact regarding who is best, what would happen in these fantasy matchups and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                  to say wlad is greater then holmes,foreman,louis and ali is a huge stretch

but tyson,, while being 1 of the most if not the most polarizing charismatic figure in boxing is certainly not the greatest heavy. some dont have him in the top 10. i think tyson is ahead of wlad, but if some1 has wlad ahead of tyson then thats fine w/ me.

yes wlad has lost to 3 b-c level heavies, but tyson also lost alot of his biggest fights. holyfield 2x, lennox, douglas. his best win is prolly spinks which i do think was a great victory
                  anyone who replies to me with heavyweight boxing will get scorched (because the people who are defending wlad in this thread are obviously ether trolling or incredibly stupid)

tyson is higher then wlad (there can be no argument or discussion about it) we're going by resume for resume. Frank Bruno, Tony Tucker, Trevor Berbick, Michael Spinks. past prime larry holmes (& yes i give tyson credit for the holmes win because holmes went on to actually do something after tyson. he out boxed a young hungry prime ray mercer years later)

these are all better wins then anything wlad has ever done...........

resume for resume it's not close.

in realty wlad is not even top 10 he's around 15.

Comment

muhahahaha
                    Thats a joke question and you know it.

Comment

"Frank Bruno, Tony Tucker, Trevor Berbick, Michael Spinks. past prime larry holmes "

rest my case

What would be considered Tyson's biggest win? Past-prime Holmes (which Wladimir would be mocked for) or 6'2" 210 pound Michael Spinks (which Wlad would be mocked for)?
                      Last edited by Fr3$h; 04-29-2014, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X