No announcement yet.

The Greatness of Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    202 lbs would have been considered a super heavyweight during the 1940's and 50's. You know, when the true heavyweight GOAT was champ.
    Well we weren't discussing the 40s and 50s we were discussing the 70s - as your girlfriend said Sam Peter would have beaten Joe Frazier because he was bigger.

Well, he didn't beat a fat midget former middleweight and he didn't beat Eddie Chambers - but he would beat Joe Frazier?

GTFO

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    A lot lower number than he has world heavyweight title fight wins and defenses maybe?

Rebuttal: How many times has Vitali been knocked down is his
    career?
    Not a lot lower. He's been knocked down 12 times in his career. 12 times. Some against journeymen, but you are quick to wipe that one under the carpet because it doesn't suit your agenda.

rebuttal to your rebuttal: Who did Vitali fight, other than Lewis, where he wasn't a massive favourite?

Also, WTF has Vitali got to do with this thread you muppet?

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    Absolutely nobody contests that he didn't beat Toney clearly in the second figtht. Nobody. So that argument is null. The Chambers fight was when Peter was basically a shell of his old, ferocious self.
    So? How many times does he need to fight Joe Frazier in order to win? That's just the dumbest argument ever. Toney was a good 10 years past his prime yet managed to arguably beat Sam Peter IN HIS PRIME (old ferocious self as you call it).

Basically a shell of his old self huh? 5 months after he fought Vitali.

Jesus you guys are dumb.
    Last edited by LacedUp; 05-27-2014, 09:19 AM.

Comment

How do you know that? Toney beat the legend Holyfield not long before that, even if he was doping. Lol, this is just another example of you thinking your opinion is a fact.
      A shell of Holyfield. Toney himself would not even try make like he would have hung with a prime Evander. You even watched holy fight ?

Comment

How do you know that? Toney beat the legend Holyfield not long before that, even if he was doping. Lol, this is just another example of you thinking your opinion is a fact.
        This guy is an absolute moron but what more do you expect from a guy who thinks rainbows shine out of James Toneys

Nostalgiatards =

Comment

There was a reason. To ilicit a response from the person I was replying to.

Not you.

Speak to me when I ask you to and note before.

Ok, your turn. Why are you such a dense, close minded pr*ck when it comes to the Klitschko's? Does their domination of a once proud and competitive division upset you for some underlying reason you have yet to mention? Why don't you be a man and explain why it really seems to upset you and cut the BS? That would be a lot better than debating on historical opinions, etc.

(waiting for the reply that he only despises the Klitschko fans and not the Klitschko's themselves for their dominance, etc, etc...)
          Look, first of all I'm going to re state how much of a fcking joke you are. It just has to be repeated.

I gladly admit I used to be a hater of wlad. His boring style never captivated me and Vitali I don't mind watching but the bs about the Lewis fight and fanboys like you thinking he's some atg probably made me spew some hate for him too.

But nowadays I've changed my perception. Wlad sneaks into the top 15 at hw based on his longevity and consistency in his later career. He's a tremendously well schooled (albeit somewhat basic) boxer who can punch as well as anyone. He knows how to make you fight his fight, but has only shown that against the poor competition in front of him, of course no fault of his own, the man is a true champion.

It's morons like you claiming that Sam peter would beat joe Frazier, to suit your Klitschko obsessed agenda, that I have a problem with. Joe Frazier is a LEGEND of boxing. I shouldn't even have to justify that. Saying peter,who I would call a solid C class fighter, would beat him is disrespect to a legend in the sport of boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by One more round View Post
            Look, first of all I'm going to re state how much of a fcking joke you are. It just has to be repeated.

I gladly admit I used to be a hater of wlad. His boring style never captivated me and Vitali I don't mind watching but the bs about the Lewis fight and fanboys like you thinking he's some atg probably made me spew some hate for him too.

But nowadays I've changed my perception. Wlad sneaks into the top 15 at hw based on his longevity and consistency in his later career. He's a tremendously well schooled (albeit somewhat basic) boxer who can punch as well as anyone. He knows how to make you fight his fight, but has only shown that against the poor competition in front of him, of course no fault of his own, the man is a true champion.

It's morons like you claiming that Sam peter would beat joe Frazier, to suit your Klitschko obsessed agenda, that I have a problem with. Joe Frazier is a LEGEND of boxing. I shouldn't even have to justify that. Saying peter,who I would call a solid C class fighter, would beat him is disrespect to a legend in the sport of boxing.
            And that can't be said vise versa of you trying to suit your Joe Frazier or Nostalgia ways for the past heavyweight eras...

Hmmmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
              This guy is an absolute moron but what more do you expect from a guy who thinks rainbows shine out of James Toneys

Nostalgiatards =
              See, because toney is my avatar you assume I have some blind devotion to him like you do towards wlad. I don't. James was a great fighter but also had shortcomings. You won't hear me saying he won the Tiberi fight, one of the mccallum fights is debatable, and yes he tested positive for peds(well after his prime mind you). I'm a fan of boxing first and foremost, not of any one particular fighter.

That's the difference between me and morons like yourself and boxing goat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                And that can't be said vise versa of you trying to suit your Joe Frazier or Nostalgia ways for the past heavyweight eras...

Hmmmmm

What's Wlad's best win?

Comment

• Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
                  He really should've been DQ'd against Povetkin. The ref gave him how many stern warnings before finally taking a point? It was pathetic.
                  Povetkin was just as responsible for initiating the clinches so don't even try it.

Comment

Povetkin was just as responsible for initiating the clinches so don't even try it.
                    oh my god you are the dumbest person alive if you truly believe that.

I knew you would swallow the sweat of his arse if it came flowing at you like a waterfall, but for a guy who's been watching boxing since the 80's (we all know that's a lie and you're 12 years old) even this is ******ed.

I'm finding gifs.

Comment

Bull ****

This is the start of the fight

Wlad should've been DQ'd

Comment

Working...
                      X