Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Greatness of Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gotta walk my dog.....when i get back i will open up an entire can of butt kicking.

Comment

• Tell em pigsfly... Wlad ain't got chit on those slick brothas from da past! Heavyweight division be WEAK! All these Euro bums ruinin it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014
        I agree with Weltschmerz.

Ali fought some very good opponents like George Foreman and Larry Holmes, but we shouldn't ignore the fact that he also fought a lot of soft opponents like Richard Dunn, Jean-Pierre Coopman, Chuck Wepner, Rudi Lubbers, Alvin Lewis, Juergen Blin and Brian London.

George Chuvalo (who is RIDICULOUSLY overrated by Ali fans) was not much more than a human punching bag, he had nothing but freakish punch resistance (like a smaller version of Mariusz Wach).
        Damn, you guys are some good ****. I don't know what drugs youre taking but that must be some good stuff.

You don't think that Ali had better competition than Wlad ? This site has reached another level of ******ation. Of course Ali got some soft fights, all the fighters in history got soft fights. Problem is when you ONLY get soft fights. Ali has the greatest win in history against Foreman.

Im out of this thread, and wont come back.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
          At least those era's had HOF contenders on top of the weaker competition. Where the hell are top contenders from this generation going to rank?
          No doubt that this is a weak era for HW's. Just like Louis's, Marciano's, Holmes's, Tyson's. I dont want to rank these eras as I wouldn't know a reliable criteria, but what I do know is that counting HOF'ers is neither reliable nor valid.

Comment

• The thing about Ali. He was LUCKY in rematches. Literally! Ali actually build his broad popularity on rematch luck.

Imagine if this had happened,

Ali loses to Frazier (as he did in their first fight) but would never rematch Frazier.
            Ali loses to Ken Norton (as he did in their first fight) but would never rematch Norton.
            Ali loses to Leon Spinks (as he did in their first fight) but would never rematch Spinks.
            Ali wins against Sonny Liston but then loses in the rematch instead of winning by a ridiculous gift stoppage.
            Ali wins against Foreman, gives Foreman a rematch and (very likely) loses the rematch
            Foreman annihilates Ken Norton and Joe Frazier (as he indeed did, KO2 and KO2)
            Leon Spinks ends his career with a bummy record of 26-16 (= Spinks' record without the Ali rematch)

Now where does this leave the credibility of the greatest of all time? He beat just tomato cans, even by todays standards. Without the rematches, Ali would of all been a tomato can himself. If Wlad and Vitali would have contractual been allowed to avenge their losses, nobody would be talking about the Klitschkos as sub par in any way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Opinionated View Post
              Tell em pigsfly... Wlad ain't got chit on those slick brothas from da past! Heavyweight division be WEAK! All these Euro bums ruinin it!
              wouldn't be surprised if this was mainaic or 'golovkin'

TROLL FAIL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                The thing about Ali. He was LUCKY in rematches. Literally! Ali actually build his broad popularity on rematch luck.

Imagine if this had happened,

Ali loses to Frazier (as he did in their first fight) but would never rematch Frazier.
                Ali loses to Ken Norton (as he did in their first fight) but would never rematch Norton.
                Ali loses to Leon Spinks (as he did in their first fight) but would never rematch Spinks.
                Ali wins against Sonny Liston but then loses in the rematch instead of winning by a ridiculous gift stoppage.
                Ali wins against Foreman, gives Foreman a rematch and (very likely) loses the rematch
                Foreman annihilates Ken Norton and Joe Frazier (as he indeed did, KO2 and KO2)
                Leon Spinks ends his career with a bummy record of 26-16 (= Spinks' record without the Ali rematch)

Now where does this leave the credibility of the greatest of all time? He beat just tomato cans, even by todays standards. Without the rematches, Ali would of all been a tomato can himself. If Wlad and Vitali would have contractual been allowed to avenge their losses, nobody would be talking about the Klitschkos as sub par in any way.
                Stop it man. This is absurd.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  No doubt that this is a weak era for HW's. Just like Louis's, Marciano's, Holmes's, Tyson's. I dont want to rank these eras as I wouldn't know a reliable criteria, but what I do know is that counting HOF'ers is neither reliable nor valid.
                  wlads era is actually significantly more weaker then all 4 of the names you've given...........if you think holmes era was weak (who had witherspoon, Spinks, tyson, Trevor Berbick, norton, Shavers, Tony Tucker, Frank Bruno) what do you think about tony thompson, samuel peter, bryd, haye, arreola? thats actually significantly weaker then what was just mentioned. in fact holmes era isn't even weak by comparison.......
                  Last edited by Godsfly; 04-29-2014, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                    wlads era is actually significantly more weaker then all 4 of the names you've given...........if you think holmes era was weak (who had witherspoon, Spinks, tyson, Trevor Berbick, norton, Shavers, Tony Tucker) what do you think about tony thompson, samuel peter, bryd, haye, arreola? thats actually significantly weaker then what was just mentioned. in fact holmes era isn't even weak by comparison.......
                    In what way?

Comment

• Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
                      posters like this is what drives some away from this site.
                      please Weltschmerz hang with your own kind at those other sites.
                      Amen to that.

Comment

Working...
                      X