Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing goat has wlad the better p4p fighter than rigo. Do u agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
    Right, so you're saying Wladimir would fight the same way he does now at 5'5" 119 lbs.

Does that mean Rigo would fight the same way he does now at 6'7" 245 lbs?

You guys literally don't grasp what P4P means. You're the types who look at "heavyweights" who barely weighed 190 lbs back in the day and wonder why they're so much faster than modern (250 lbs) heavyweights.
    You have to imagine skillsets,,, wlad at heavy is a big tall jabber with big power, in a h2h with rigo at the lower weights, he would still be a big tall jabber with big power, just like a Kelly pavlik type fighter... And guys like serg, rigo, Floyd, Hopkins, ward would carve him up..

Comment

Wlad's & Pavlik's styles are nothing alike...

And if you're factoring in style it simply isn't P4P. You don't compare the style of a 245 pound man to a 119 pound man and call it P4P. P4P I guess I'm better than Wlad because I look better shadow boxing... Then again I'm a 5'10" middleweight... Duh
      Your totally opposite... It's like when scientists say ants are one of the p4p strongest creatures, yet wlad is stronger than an ant.... Ants are much smaller but using ratios u can compare. So if u used ratios and blew rigo up to heavy size, his skills would trump wlad

Comment

Originally posted by -=Shade=- View Post
        Touché, I suppose. I still wouldn't push him all of the way out of the top 10 though. Err, I just can't do it.
        ok well he should have been dq'd in his last fight. that has to factor in somewhere doesn't it? he refuses to even let his opponents approach him without grabbing on for dear life. if boxing wasn't corrupt and didn't let him do this we know what would happen because we already saw what happened many times before henry clinchko was born. he ate canvas over and over because he is slow and has no actual defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          You make some logical points, appreciate your input..

I just wanna say about rigo and wlad... Rigo isn't going to get beat by some dude that basically just jabs from the outside.... Rigo would counter the hell out of him and carve him up... That's why I rank rigo higher
          Hmm, true, but this is why the whole P4P debate is so hard to truly establish. I don't think it's purely about just using skillset and switching a guys whole body dimensions. Obviously, fighting styles will be different...everything is different. P4P is a bit of a flawed concept sometimes IMO, it just seems to be calculated based on who is the most impressive fighter at the time in terms of record, longevity, and maybe resume in boxing, regardless of how they actually compare to anyone else of different weight. Funny question could be - let's say Wlad didn't lose his fights and was something like 63-0 undefeated HW champ - could he be P4P 1? Would Marciano be a P4P 1 if in this era? (If he had similar ATG competition or guys on resume like Louis)

Maybe boxing just needs a heavyweight champ at the top of the tree, and have P4P as a concept for all weight classes under this, where you need more skill than physical traits or dimensions.
          Last edited by PainfromUkraine; 04-15-2014, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Right, so you're saying Wladimir would fight the same way he does now at 5'5" 119 lbs.

Does that mean Rigo would fight the same way he does now at 6'7" 245 lbs?

You guys literally don't grasp what P4P means. You're the types who look at "heavyweights" who barely weighed 190 lbs back in the day and wonder why they're so much faster than modern (250 lbs) heavyweights.
            you actually don't know what you're talking about. P4P is your resume & style. (style, meaning how do you stack up p4p wise if you were the same height same weight as with top fighters in other divisions) thats what P4P means. (how big of wins you've had recently & consistently. style. resume) thats what p4p means............

heavyweights who weighed 190 (as you put it) did not walk around at 190. (i guess you're referring to rocky) rocky walked around at 200 + pounds. thats called actually training, running, dieting. working down to your fighting weight. you see guys today fight at their walking around weight (which is why they come in fat) someone like chris arreola literally should be 210 but he fights at 250. (thats extra fat) thats it. how can you look at that as being better for the heavyweight division i have no clue...........and thats whats wrong with the modern day heavyweight boxing fan. you just don't get it & never will........

now the P4P style thing is actually valid. if i shrunk holly field, ali, tyson, fraizer, holmes, into the size of rigo would they fair? YES. in fact i would pick all of them to beat rigo (especially fraizer)

with wlad i don't see it........I see it as a mismatch p4p wise.
            Last edited by Godsfly; 04-15-2014, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Wlad is almost nearing retirement and done his time. Rigo is getting far too much credit for his win over Donaire. Yeah he's good but he ain't no Muhammed Ali

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                Hmm, true, but this is why the whole P4P debate is so hard to truly establish. I don't think it's purely about just using skillset and switching a guys whole body dimensions. Obviously, fighting styles will be different...everything is different. P4P is a bit of a flawed concept sometimes IMO, it just seems to be calculated based on who is the most impressive fighter at the time in terms of record, longevity, and maybe resume in boxing, regardless of how they actually compare to anyone else. Funny question could be - let's say Wlad didn't lose his fights and was something like 63-0 undefeated HW champ - could he be P4P 1? Would Marciano be a P4P 1 if in this era? (If he had similar ATG competition or guys on resume like Louis)
                It depends on level of competition I think.. Had someone gone thru everyone and never lost, and best other great fighters, then hey he could be number 1..

Had Tyson beaten buster and then Holyfield and then ruddock,, I would have no problem putting him at 1, even over pernell or Chavez..

If vitali did quit vs Byrd and scored the Lennox defeat, and had beaten peter, byrd, haye, adamek, povetkin, sultan, and reigned for a longtime and never took those years off, I think he would have a case for p4p 1

Comment

Originally posted by Badzi1987 View Post
                  Wlad is almost nearing retirement and done his time. Rigo is getting far too much credit for his win over Donaire. Yeah he's good but he ain't no Muhammed Ali
                  The question isn't is rigo better than Ali.... It's if he should rank higher p4p than wlad... What do u think

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    It depends on level of competition I think.. Had someone gone thru everyone and never lost, and best other great fighters, then hey he could be number 1..

Had Tyson beaten buster and then Holyfield and then ruddock,, I would have no problem putting him at 1, even over pernell or Chavez..

If vitali did quit vs Byrd and scored the Lennox defeat, and had beaten peter, byrd, haye, adamek, povetkin, sultan, and reigned for a longtime and never took those years off, I think he would have a case for p4p 1
                    Check my edit to that post where I added a little bit to the bottom - IMO that's probably the only way to do it for people to not complain or struggle to make cases for modern heavies.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                      Check my edit to that post where I added a little bit to the bottom - IMO that's probably the only way to do it for people to not complain or struggle to make cases for modern heavies.
                      Yeah, that's a good idea...

Comment

Working...
                      X