Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing goat has wlad the better p4p fighter than rigo. Do u agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigo needs more fights before I can say for sure whether he's better P4P than Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
      Right now, yes. Floyd, Pac and Wlad are IMO the top 3 P4P RIGHT NOW as they are the most proven, consistent, and dominant fighters over the longest period of time. Floyd's there for obvious reasons. Manny beat a high ranked P4P fighter (in reality twice, and was probably on his way to a win over JMM) so could have been undefeated for what - 10 years? Just as Wlad is now. Wlad has been the dominant force and has cleaned out his division. Very rarely is there going to be a heavyweight with everything...that's like saying Tyson had no outside game - clearly certain fighters will have certain strengths, weaknesses and fighting styles. Now, I'm not a fan particularly of Wlad's lack of inside fighting, but it works for him the way he fights, he wins...so good for him.

Right now Ward is too inactive, and Rigo - important for this discussion, is right now too unproven to be above Wlad. At about 15-20 fights, with a few more signature wins, he probably can be put above Wlad.

But this is all just my opinion, take it as you wish.
      You make some logical points, appreciate your input..

I just wanna say about rigo and wlad... Rigo isn't going to get beat by some dude that basically just jabs from the outside.... Rigo would counter the hell out of him and carve him up... That's why I rank rigo higher

Comment

to be honest......p4p rigo is far better then wlad could ever dream of.

it's like shrinking wlad into a mini version of himself (same height same weight as rigo) and matching them together. do you really think wlad would win? no...........he'd get out witted, picked apart, & demolished.

wtf..............

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          You make some logical points, appreciate your input..

I just wanna say about rigo and wlad... Rigo isn't going to get beat by some dude that basically just jabs from the outside.... Rigo would counter the hell out of him and carve him up... That's why I rank rigo higher
          Needless to say Wlad's fighting style would be dramatically different if he was 5'5" 119 lbs... Which is why style isn't factored into P4P ratings...

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
            Rigo needs more fights before I can say for sure whether he's better P4P than Wlad.
            What do u need to see more of... It was reasonable to have rigo doubts pre-donaire, but with dominant wins over donaire and agebako,,, what more could you need to see... Why do you have to see a guy beat up 15-20 journeymen as opposed to seeing him dominant a top 5 p4p guy that was bigger, and age bake a former champ who is a tough out for anyone... Rigo made it look easy in there. I'm pretty sure he is a proven commodity by now..
            His win over donaire is a better win than nearly anyone has on the p4p list

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
              Needless to say Wlad's fighting style would be dramatically different if he was 5'5" 119 lbs... Which is why style isn't factored into P4P ratings...
              Style should be factored in... There are guys like wlad at the lower weights.. Tall lanky jabbers like corrales pavlik... Wlad would be like pavlik, he could ko some guys, but against a mover like Hopkins, Floyd, serg, wlad would get carved up

Comment

Hate ranking Heavyweights p4p..

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                  to be honest......p4p rigo is far better then wlad could ever dream of.

it's like shrinking wlad into a mini version of himself (same height same weight as rigo) and matching them together. do you really think wlad would win? no...........he'd get out witted, picked apart, & demolished.

wtf..............
                  Right, so you're saying Wladimir would fight the same way he does now at 5'5" 119 lbs.

Does that mean Rigo would fight the same way he does now at 6'7" 245 lbs?

You guys literally don't grasp what P4P means. You're the types who look at "heavyweights" who barely weighed 190 lbs back in the day and wonder why they're so much faster than modern (250 lbs) heavyweights.

Comment

Style should be factored in... There are guys like wlad at the lower weights.. Tall lanky jabbers like corrales pavlik... Wlad would be like pavlik, he could ko some guys, but against a mover like Hopkins, Floyd, serg, wlad would get carved up
                    Wlad's & Pavlik's styles are nothing alike...

And if you're factoring in style it simply isn't P4P. You don't compare the style of a 245 pound man to a 119 pound man and call it P4P. P4P I guess I'm better than Wlad because I look better shadow boxing... Then again I'm a 5'10" middleweight... Duh
                    Last edited by Fr3$h; 04-15-2014, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Boxing goat and I have been having an on going debate about wlad and rigo p4p

Help settle this..
                      I said wlad deserves p4p ranking, but he has no inside game so I can't put him up there like Floyd rigo ward...
                      He says it's not about skills but about how your using them right now in the present, and it's about what your doing right now. But then states at Rigo's undressing of donaire doesn't compare to wlad's career resume, contradicting himself by using wlad's whole body of work instead of recent hugfests with sasha.. And donaire is better than any wlad opponent ever, so it's hard to claim that he has the better resume when rigo clearly has the better win

What do u guys think,,,, who's better p4p rigo or wlad
                      I have to at the bolded. Boxing Goat is almost a bigger joke than his boyfriend Grabimir.

Klinchko should not be anywhere near the P4P list. One of the most hardest hitters in heavyweight history yet he's one of the most abject title holders in what was the most elite division of boxing until him and his steroid using brother turned up.

Comment

Working...
                      X