Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing goat has wlad the better p4p fighter than rigo. Do u agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Y0@NN View Post
    Seriously, you think a 6'6" version of Kelly Pavlik would have the same footwork as Wladimir ?
    They wouldn't be identical fighters. I was just using him as an example

Wlad at heavy is a big tall jabber with a big right hand..

Pavlik at middle is a big tall jabber with a big right hand...

Wlad plays it safe on the outside pavlik came forward and could infight

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
      It's called "pound for pound" because you're comparing them their resumes vs guys their own weight, not magical shrink ray fights where Wlad turns 5'5" and for some reason continues to fight like hes 6'7".

Rigo is a very good fighter and I don't think the two are in different universes P4P or anything, I just think you guys should know that isn't what P4P means.
      Comparing resumes isn't p4p....

Hopkins has a better resume than ward or rigo,, are u gonna have him high p4p..

Pound for pound is comparing skill levels on a pound for pound ratio...

Much like wlad can lift more weight than an ant, but p4p the ant is a much stronger creature than wlad... That's about as rudimentary as I can put it

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Comparing resumes isn't p4p....

Hopkins has a better resume than ward or rigo,, are u gonna have him high p4p..

Pound for pound is comparing skill levels on a pound for pound ratio...

Much like wlad can lift more weight than an ant, but p4p the ant is a much stronger creature than wlad... That's about as rudimentary as I can put it
        Depends on whether you're talking about career-long resume or recent fights. Hopkins is definitely very high P4P on the career scale. Lately he hasn't been in very high profile fights or looked though... At 49 go figure.

Skill levels cannot be measured by layman fans who think a 245 pound man should have the combinations and movement of a 119 pound man.

"RATINGS POLICY

Results. This is the most objective criterion and takes precedence over all others.
        Performance. How a fighter performs in a victory or defeat can be a factor to determine his place in the ratings.
        Track record: A fighter***8217;s accomplishments in the recent past can be a factor to determine his place in the ratings. That includes quality of opposition."

r i n g t v .craveonline.com/ratings/pound-for-pound

Nothing about shrink rays or styles. If you wanted to argue Rigo > Wlad the best strategy would be to argue that his recent opposition has been superior, not tell me about ants being able to lift popcorn or that Wladimir would fight exactly the same at 5'5".

Comment

Working...
        X