No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana: Broner is Stronger Than Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
    People can't read between the lines. He is inviting Floyd to fight, to trade, to show his power and fight Chino's fight. Ones Floyd breaks his hand again, we might see another fight.
    That's the first thing I thought too.... He's tryna turn it into a fight he has a chance in that's all.

Comment

• Originally posted by DadeCounty305 View Post
      Lol at the May lovers. El Chino is correct about how fighters nut up when they get in the ring with May. Broner maybe stronger than May. That doesn't mean jack. Broner walk around weight is more than May. I like El Chino idea. He's planning on doing what he's does best and by watching tape, he's not going to do what others has done when fighting May. Styles make fights. May hasn't KO'd a true WW so please stop with Money going to KO El Chino. If you wanna call the Ortiz sucker punch a legit KO, then go ahead. Lol. We all know Hatton isn't a true WW. It May 10 rounds to KO him. Lol. I expect May to win on points. The only chance MM have, is a punchers chance. It only take one punch and Chino can punch.

Co-sign! I agree

Money fans (and manny fans) are caught up in fanboydom. Their fans continue to predict ko's for these guys and both guys haven't had stoppages in over ( years). Stop the insanity.

If May gets macho and decides to fight (which he is prone to do)--he may be making a mistake with a very awkward, powerful, and deceptive Maidana. If he fights likes Alexander--it's a rap.

Comment

• Originally posted by mneronava2k View Post
        Co-sign! I agree

Money fans (and manny fans) are caught up in fanboydom. Their fans continue to predict ko's for these guys and both guys haven't had stoppages in over ( years). Stop the insanity.

If May gets macho and decides to fight (which he is prone to do)--he may be making a mistake with a very awkward, powerful, and deceptive Maidana. If he fights likes Alexander--it's a rap.
        The safe pick is Floyd via UD, which is always the case. But those thinking KO are probably looking at the fact that Chino often has stamina issues. He's also a guy that isn't gonna quit coming and settle into an agreement with Floyd like most of his opponents. You know, the agreement where Floyd's opponents agree not to pressure Floyd and Floyd agrees to merely hit them with enough pot shots to win the round.

Comment

• Originally posted by TLC8 View Post
          I've always said Maidana has a lot of ballz, he does not get intimidated, and he is athletic, and will throw a LOT of punches and make Floyd part with his run and jab defense and have to stand and fight every minute of every round. Guerrero & Canelo both had the power but they let Floyd sit outside and jab and run and counter. Cotto had great success turning his fight with Floyd into a brawl, bloodying Floyd; Cotto just too far past his prime to notch it up a level. Even Victor Ortiz was roughing up Floyd, pushing him around, getting the best of Floyd until Ortiz got stupid on a break, looked at the referee with his hands down and got sucker punched. Maidana will be all over Floyd and he'll get a full plateful of what he dished out to Boner.
          Ortiz was roughing Floyd up so bad his faces looked like hamburger meat after four rounds

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
            Broners power is more on par with Berto imo. The difference is that Floyd knows when to use his power and doesn't put everything behind every punch and show all the cards to early in the fight.

Maidana knew just how strong Broner was by the end of round 2 while Floyd's real strength doesn't show up until about rd 5 or 6 he seems to get even stronger
            Man, you can't compare the two.

Floyd is an expert at taking care of himself defensively on the inside. Broner is not. Broner relies on quick short counters to throw off the opposition, and if this doesn't work Broner doesn't use his feet to get out of danger, while Floyd does the same, and knows where to move, and can use his elbows if need be.

The absolute biggest advantage that Maidana has is Floyd is 37. I doubt it'll matter since everyone is on PEDs, but maybe Floyd isn't, although I seriously doubt this.

Comment

• Broner is stockier and looks stronger but Floyd most likely has that old man strength that comes from doing the same stuff for decades.

I say Broner would put up more weight in the gym if I had to guess but I would say Floyd has better functional boxing strength which he has spent his whole life attaining.

Comment

• Maidana couldn't be more mistaken. Despite the similarity in style, Mayweather is leaps and bounds better than Broner. Mayweather's reflexes, even at a much older age now, are ten times better than Broner's.

I actually think Broner has slightly better hand speed than Floyd, but he can't see punches coming like Floyd, and Floyd is way smarter and effective with his use of footwork, repositioning, and ring generalship.

Floyd Mayweather would knock Broner's ass out, and so would Canelo Alvarez or Danny Garcia or anyone else with a powerful left hook.

You can land the left hook on Broner all day.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitman smax View Post
                  Maidana couldn't be more mistaken. Despite the similarity in style, Mayweather is leaps and bounds better than Broner. Mayweather's reflexes, even at a much older age now, are ten times better than Broner's.

I actually think Broner has slightly better hand speed than Floyd, but he can't see punches coming like Floyd, and Floyd is way smarter and effective with his use of footwork, repositioning, and ring generalship.

Floyd Mayweather would knock Broner's ass out, and so would Canelo Alvarez or Danny Garcia or anyone else with a powerful left hook.

You can land the left hook on Broner all day.
                  Do you read? He said that Broner is STRONGER not better you gimp. Just couldnt wait to chime in and hate as soon as you saw the name Broner ah? Didnt evern bother reading, just dove head first into that hate

Comment

• I don't see how it's debatable, Broner couldn't handle Maidana's physicality while Mayweather backed Mosley up, handled himself well against Cotto, Ortiz, even a much bigger DLH at '54 or Canelo. Those are guys that get real physical too.

Comment

• Im sure PrettyBoy will play it safe and not rumble with Marcos. This will be a boring disection to watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X