Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Campbell: Pacquiao Might Go Right Through Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever you say, Nate. Bradley took some heavy shots from Marquez pretty well. Seems he's recovered. How about Manny? He didn't take those heavy shots from Marquez last time we saw him. And fought like he doesn't ever wanna get hit again against Rios. So who hasn't really recovered?

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      I agree mostly..at best I could see 8-4 in my opinion..making a fighter miss but not really landing anything yourself doesn't win a round in my opinion. This was also the period of the cheating scandal and the drunken champion allegations in his homeland, but those situations aside just looking at the casual nature of the whole delay to watch a game in the locker room was just adding fuel to the fire that Pac thought his shhh don't stink. It's happened historically, guys win a ton of fights in a row and don't train well. Well I think the trilogy works in both men's favors because if we go by rankings we've got #2 and #3 in the division fighting each other twice and still no shot at #1..plus toss in that tidbit into the marketing..Floyd would actually be crazy to not say the winner of the tie breaker gets me and that shhh itself sells the fight for him and Showtime. I don't think Pacquaio fights past the end of 2014 personally, especially if that whole tax situation gets resolved on the cheap. What a lot of folks on here fail to understand is this guy is clearly living well enough off politics and his agriculture investments to walk away when he wants (That doesn't show up in the BIR or IRS stuff so folks forget it). I honestly thought he was going to retire after the Marquez KO...I think he's just back for his straps and will call it a day mayweather or no mayweather. He'll still bank $40 million or so from the two Bradley fights if they happen. Bradley gets the torch of course and gets set on another crash course with Provodnikov.
      In regards to the scoring of that fight. Defense is one of the criteria of scoring. And usually, the most overlooked of the four criterias. If everything else is pretty much equal, the better defender should win the round. That and effective aggression causes more controversal decisions than anything else. Well, that and the 10 point must system being stupid to begin with. But that's another rant.

As for Floyd getting the winner. The more I think about it, I think that's what's gonna happen. There is a very solid chance that neither of these guys are gonna re-sign with Arum. So knowing this, he may be more willing to accept a step aside fee from GBP to do a Floyd fight. Because he might not wanna risk whomever wins not re-signing him, and going on to fight Floyd and he gets nothing. My guess is the winner gets Floyd. And he'll probably put the loser in with Provodnikov in hopes that the Russian destroys them, thus creating him another top welter that he can make money with.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        First fight was rigged and Pacquiao took part in it. Bradley gets stopped in the rematch or seriously hurt like in the Rustland fight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        peeps put me down when brad beat pac firstime and i said rigged.
        second time pac hurts brad bigtime.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          First fight was rigged and Pacquiao took part in it. Bradley gets stopped in the rematch or seriously hurt like in the Rustland fight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          Yeah I doubt he will KO Bradley. Though this KO loss to JMM seems to have lit a fire under Pacman's ass. There is something different about him. I guess he got too complacent with his success and the victories he has been piling up while the boxing world was talking about Mayweather vs Pacquiao throughout the years.

Pacman still has the speed and unlike Roy Jones for example, doesn't seem to be gun shy, which is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
            Bradley fought the man that KO'ed Pac. Pac avoided the man that got a wrongful "win" over him to fight for a 4th time. Pac should have corrected the error like a true champ would but like my entire point of talking about this, the Bradley fight wasn't the look good fight Pac was expecting to get. Much like the JMM III fight. He was expecting the same JMM that Floyd fought at WW.

Pac needed a look good fight and a feather fisted LW fighting at WW was supposed to be it. It wasn't. Neither was JMM IV. It took the Rios fight to bring back the "hype".

However like I keep saying, the rematch NOW is good as Bradley holds not only a win over a Pac but over JMM as well. Yet that still doesn't change the fact the rematch should have already happened. Both fighters deserved it, let alone the boxing community.
            Dude he fought Rios after JMM and Bradley both passed on career high purses. How thick can you be?

It's really simple. 1st choice Marquez. Harder fight, more exciting, more money, more risk. 2nd choice Bradley. Dominated him in an unexciting fight.

Do you really think in Rios, PWill, Cintron, Cloud deserved immediate rematches vs Abril, Lara, Sergio, Campillo? That's the stupidest thing I heard, nobody ever makes that claim. The other guy deserved it but none of these fights were competitive so nobody cared about any rematches, point proven. And if the bogus winner didn't get an immediate rematch, he should pass on a career high purse for the rematch to fight someone else next. GTFO

Comment

Pac...

...will absolutely kill this pitty pat useless khunt this time around. Bradley beat JMM because he is off test and done. Bradley sucks. Ruslan pounded his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Dude he fought Rios after JMM and Bradley both passed on career high purses. How thick can you be?

It's really simple. 1st choice Marquez. Harder fight, more exciting, more money, more risk. 2nd choice Bradley. Dominated him in an unexciting fight.

Do you really think in Rios, PWill, Cintron, Cloud deserved immediate rematches vs Abril, Lara, Sergio, Campillo? That's the stupidest thing I heard, nobody ever makes that claim. The other guy deserved it but none of these fights were competitive so nobody cared about any rematches, point proven. And if the bogus winner didn't get an immediate rematch, he should pass on a career high purse for the rematch to fight someone else next. GTFO
                Lets all bash Floyd about money and then use money to validate why Bradley should have chosen Pac for a career high pay day rather than fight the guy who just KO'ed Pac. It's not going to work.

However again, you're proving my entire point about the Bradley fight and why Pac didn't take the immediate rematch like he should have. Again, it was supposed to be a look good fight vs a feather fisted JWW fighting at WW. That fight didn't go as planned and neither did the JMM IV fight.

Bradley took the win and was wiling to prove he won in a rematch. Pac didn't want to look bad again and possibly/legitimately lose (again). When Bradley was offered the rematch he went after a legacy fight with the guy who just KO'ed Pac. Big difference. Yet now the rematch is even bigger and like I have said over and over its a good fight but should have already happened.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                  Lets all bash Floyd about money and then use money to validate why Bradley should have chosen Pac for a career high pay day rather than fight the guy who just KO'ed Pac. It's not going to work.

However again, you're proving my entire point about the Bradley fight and why Pac didn't take the immediate rematch like he should have. Again, it was supposed to be a look good fight vs a feather fisted JWW fighting at WW. That fight didn't go as planned and neither did the JMM IV fight.

Bradley took the win and was wiling to prove he won in a rematch. Pac didn't want to look bad again and possibly/legitimately lose (again). When Bradley was offered the rematch he went after a legacy fight with the guy who just KO'ed Pac. Big difference. Yet now the rematch is even bigger and like I have said over and over its a good fight but should have already happened.
                  And when Pac had the opportunity he went for the legacy points vs JMM. How can you fail to understand this simple analogy? So you think there's unfinished business in Lara PWill, Abril Rios etc, until the "losers" prove it again in the rematch? Back to square one, super dumb.

Plus remember, hardly anyone had Pac Bradley even close. The average score was 117-111. with the likes of Danny Garcia and Jeff Mayweather scoring it 10-2. Nobody wants to see a rematch of an uncompetitive fight, unless no better option.

Comment

To be honest, Pac hasn't looked like the same fighter since Margarito. In addition, I thought he should have stopped Bradley the first time but somehow he came up short.

I place a lot of the blame on Tim's constant movement because it's hard to KO an opponent who simply refuses to trade and exchange punches with you but after witnessing Manny's last fight with Brandon Rios, I'm more than convinced that most of the blame lies with him for not stopping Bradley in their fight.

I say this because with Brandon he had a very limited and flat-footed opponent standing right in front of him but yet he still chose to hold back by pulling his punches. It was very apparent that Rios didn't pose any serious threat to him and yet he was reluctant in turning up the intensity in order to secure the KO win.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      And when Pac had the opportunity he went for the legacy points vs JMM. How can you fail to understand this simple analogy? So you think there's unfinished business in Lara PWill, Abril Rios etc, until the "losers" prove it again in the rematch? Back to square one, super dumb.

Plus remember, hardly anyone had Pac Bradley even close. The average score was 117-111. with the likes of Danny Garcia and Jeff Mayweather scoring it 10-2. Nobody wants to see a rematch of an uncompetitive fight, unless no better option.
                      You're proving my original point over and over and "don't even know it".. O well, at least Pac finally got his look good fight with a Rios.. The Bradley rematch surely won't, like the first one.

Comment

Working...
                      X