Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Magomed Abdusalamov Suffered Stroke, on Life Support

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is terrible news and I think the fight should've been stopped in the 5th or 6th round and the corner DEFINITELY should've thrown in the towel.

Mago knew that he was in bad shape, his instincts were telling him that there was something wrong with him and round after round he kept telling his corner, "Is my face broken, is my nose broken" and they were like "you're fine, there is nothing wrong".

The minute somebody starts asking questions like that and not sitting down in b/w round looking at the TV screen to see his face you know the person has sincere doubts about his condition. He relayed that info to his corner and they kept sending him out to the wolves.

The key point is Mago knew something wasn't right with him and his corner they just disregarded all that. Like somebody said here why need enemies when you have a corner like that.

Comment

Wow this is horrible news My prayers are with him and his family.

Comment

Did he absolutely need to be put into a medically induced coma?

Saw this earlier, it's horrible news. I hope he pulls through and doesn't sustain any lasting effects...

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
          Did he absolutely need to be put into a medically induced coma?

Saw this earlier, it's horrible news. I hope he pulls through and doesn't sustain any lasting effects...

they don't do it idly. it's done to reduce his blood pressure / the swelling in his brain.

it's the best way to ensure his survival.

Comment

My prayers are with he and his family

Comment

This is terrible. I really hope he recovers. There really needs to be some system in place that assists fighters for injuries suffered in the fight. His family shouldn't have to worry about finances right now. I know these fighters love boxing and are warriors, but this more or less happened because we as fans want to be entertained. I know hindsight's 20/20, but this fight should have been ****ing stopped. I wish him and his family the best. May God bless them.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid
                This is terrible news and I think the fight should've been stopped in the 5th or 6th round and the corner DEFINITELY should've thrown in the towel.

Mago knew that he was in bad shape, his instincts were telling him that there was something wrong with him and round after round he kept telling his corner, "Is my face broken, is my nose broken" and they were like "you're fine, there is nothing wrong".

The minute somebody starts asking questions like that and not sitting down in b/w round looking at the TV screen to see his face you know the person has sincere doubts about his condition. He relayed that info to his corner and they kept sending him out to the wolves.

The key point is Mago knew something wasn't right with him and his corner they just disregarded all that. Like somebody said here why need enemies when you have a corner like that.
                I think Mago was also showing signs of fatigue in the mid rounds. I'm pretty sure I've seen him in there backing up with his mouth opened.

Beat up plus fatigue and his punches weren't affecting Perez either then why not stop it?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Sampson prob won't even pay a dime out of his own pocket though

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
                    HBO, K2, they should pull together and foot the bill. He was working for them after all.
                    And how exactly K2 is involved here? They are promoting Mike Perez, not Magomed, which is promoted by Sampson Boxing.

Anyway K2 donated money for Mago.
                    Last edited by iNorton; 11-06-2013, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      I think Mago was also showing signs of fatigue in the mid rounds. I'm pretty sure I've seen him in there backing up with his mouth opened.

Beat up plus fatigue and his punches weren't affecting Perez either then why not stop it?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                      What has happened is extremely sad and all my prayers are with Magomed's family.

What we have to understand is, especially those of us who have been watching this sport for so long, is that this happens in boxing. It goes hand in hand with the trade, especially when there are 2 huge men trading punches and their only defense seems to be their cranium.

Hindsight, as they say is 20/20 and looking back at the fight we can all make a case that the fight should have been stopped at the midway mark but in all honesty, how many of you thought that as the fight was happening? Magomed was a puncher, even when he was down on points (not a huge deficit by round 6) he had a puncher's chance against a guy who hadn't taken punches from a man who hit that hard. At no point did Magomed look like he was trying to hold on and survive and well into the final seconds of the final round he was swinging some vicious, hard punches.

How could the fight have been stopped? Yes his nose and hand were broke did his corner know about it? I'm sure they knew about the nose but many boxers suffer broken noses, it's as common in boxing as Ronaldo claiming a foul in football. Yes Magomed was asking about his nose and how swollen his face was but at no point did he say he did not want to continue or refuse to get up from his stool, which I've seen many fighters do in the past.

How could the referee or the cornet stop that fight without being criticised? Magomed was clearly still active, still aware and still fighting. I've seen countless thousands of fights and 100s of fighters in my life and at no point in that ring, did Magomed look like he was seriously injured. If the fight had been stopped earlier I would have said it was too early, as many other boxing fans and observers would have done.

This is just a sad twist of fate, no one but Magomed could have done anything about it.

I wish all the best for this brave man who laced up his gloves and entertained thousands.

Comment

Working...
                      X