Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Magomed Abdusalamov Suffered Stroke, on Life Support

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is really bad news. Come on champ, come back to us safe!

Comment

Originally posted by ADozenArrows View Post

Whatever man. It was an entertaining fight and it's not something anyone could've predicted or probably prevented. He was medically cleared to fight and step in that ring. Every boxer risks their lives stepping in between the ropes and Abdusalamov is no exception. I hope he can make it out of the hospital and see another day with his family.
      Whatever my ass a good corner man wouldn't let his fighter take such a beating like mago did .

Comment

Originally posted by gito7127 View Post
        Whatever my ass a good corner man wouldn't let his fighter take such a beating like mago did .
        A corner man is not a medical professional. There really wasnt a single point in the fight where you could definitively say "We have to stop the fight." Mago was taking a lot, but he was also landing a good few of his own, even in his worst rounds.

Hindsight gives us all 20/20 vision.

I hope he recovers and can live a good life with his family after this.

Comment

Agreed. I hope this fight will be remembered for a long time by all corner men. The fighter is expected to be brave, but the corner man is supposed to be smart: health before entertainment and greed, always.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            A corner man is not a medical professional. There really wasnt a single point in the fight where you could definitively say "We have to stop the fight." Mago was taking a lot, but he was also landing a good few of his own, even in his worst rounds.

Hindsight gives us all 20/20 vision.

I hope he recovers and can live a good life with his family after this.
            a corner man does not need to be a medical professional to stop a fight he needs to know when his fighter has accumulated enough damage and can no longer continue Mago was already showing lots of damage by round 7

Comment

SMH at some of these posters. You do realize what type of sport this is ? We've seen fighters take much much worse beatings and go on to actually fight again forget about survive it ... I'm sure if his corner had known there was even a possibility of Mago being in the spot he's in today they would've stopped it ... He was never knocked down he had gotten hurt a few times but so did Perez ... People always seem to find a need to blame someone. It's boxing and it happens, it's sad as all hell and I wish him the best but its not pacquiao,floyd,hbo or anyone else's fault. **** prior to the fight Mago said that he and Provodnikov are kind of "kindred spirits", in other words he was the kind of guy who wouldn't have quit if his life depended on it ... In this case it did.

Comment

a corner man does not need to be a medical professional to stop a fight he needs to know when his fighter has accumulated enough damage and can no longer continue Mago was already showing lots of damage by round 7
                At what point was he not able to continue? He was still landing plenty of shots and its not like people havent fought through broken noses/swollen faces before.

Im not saying they wouldnt have been right to pull him out (clearly), just that i dont think it was the worst display by a corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  At what point was he not able to continue? He was still landing plenty of shots and its not like people havent fought through broken noses/swollen faces before.

Im not saying they wouldnt have been right to pull him out (clearly), just that i dont think it was the worst display by a corner.
                  In this case his body couldn't keep up with his heart and he's got heart , but a broken hand and broken nose swelling to his mouth and face . All key signs
                  Last edited by gito7127; 11-06-2013, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                    hope he makes it, very very sad

Sampson, HBO n the rest of the promoters, get yall stingy wallet out punks, yall the rich people making money from us bunch of punks

tell GGG to give up half his pay of the card or better yet you Lewkowicz

HBO has millions, Mago made yall millions from us fans
                    x2.......................

Comment

this is bad news, hope he recovers enough to live a full life even without boxing...

Comment

Working...
                      X