Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timothy Bradley, overrated or underrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont like the guy, but his resume, skills and guts speak for itself. I think he is very underrated, and hated too much because of the Pac robbery.

Matters of fact Ill put some points that he beats Marquez and gets robbed himself!

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      If Bradley's footwork is still there, that is Marquez's biggest issue, a fighter who can move and not let him set his feet. I see 50-50, with maybe a slight advantage to Marquez, just because of the unknown of how he's going to respond to Provodnikov fight.
      Yeah, the after effects of the Provodnikov fight have me worried.

Comment

But you don't rank guys based on them fighting to prove a point, you base it on their performance in the ring and truth of the matter is, he didn't look that good against a guy who had most of his fights on FNF and had never fought at WW before.
        Ruslan only had one SD loss and that was a controversial one at that. He is WAY too big for 140 which is why he moved up in weight to begin with. Just two fights ago, Zab Judah was also fighting on FNF and then he goes to Showtime and almost shuts Garcia down in the 10th. All fighters start out on FNF...there have been plenty of guys hyped up by the big networks that ended up being fake ass flashes in the pan but people thought they were gold just because a big network said they were, lol.

Comment

overrated as hell
          Bradley is a good fighter and has proven that
          but his skills are overrated, he's not the great boxer he's made out to be
          he can move and counter a bit, knows how to jab and work the body
          but his best efforts have been more volume based than skillful
          always seen him as a guy who outhustled foes, didn't really outbox them
          his most technically proficient effort was against Peterson
          he tried to box an old Pac and got facefucked
          he boxed decently with Ruslan and still arguably got beat
          no huge issue with that win, but he took a beating
          and he wouldn't have taken such a beating if he was an elite boxer
          he robbed Pac, struggled with Ruslan, looked ish vs old Casamayor
          he's a good fighter but gets way too much praise
          no way he's among the 10 best in the world

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Ruslan only had one SD loss and that was a controversial one at that. He is WAY too big for 140 which is why he moved up in weight to begin with. Just two fights ago, Zab Judah was also fighting on FNF and then he goes to Showtime and almost shuts Garcia down in the 10th. All fighters start out on FNF...there have been plenty of guys hyped up by the big networks that ended up being fake ass flashes in the pan but people thought they were gold just because a big network said they were, lol.
            Yeah I worded that wrong, I was trying to say not many gave Ruslan a shot going into that fight and he ended up in a barnburner that could've gone either way.

Comment

1st, I don't think Ruslan is an FNF fighter, I'm just saying going into the fight, he wasn't viewed as someone who trouble Bradley, especially in his first fight at WW. Bradley has a decent resume, but I'm not gonna give him credit for Pacquiao, regardless of what the official decision was.

Vazquez, Witter, Holt, Campbell, Peterson, Abregu, Provodnikov, etc. Is anyone there above a B-level fighter honestly?

Vasquez- reigning lightweight champ,,, very underrated himself
              witter- was champ, and bradley beat him overseas in witters backyard
              holt- was a champ when they fought, and was a legit guy in his day
              campbell- was lightweight champ and quit to get out of the bradley beatdown
              peterson- has gone on to draw with ortiz, beat khan, win belts at 140
              Abregu- has gone on to become a top ranked welter, and has only lost to bradley, and the lose wasnt close, bradley schooled him
              alexander- has a huge unification fight when he fought bradley, he quit, but has since one a welter belt, and has schooled maidana,,

Yes these guys are b+ fighters, and bradley handled them like the A-level fighter he is,,,
              Tim is an A-level fighter, only going to lose to other A-level fighters,

Comment

Overrated

Maybe after JMM ill think different

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  [/B]

Abregu- has gone on to become a top ranked welter, and has only lost to bradley, and the lose wasnt close, bradley schooled him
                  alexander- has a huge unification fight when he fought bradley, he quit, but has since one a welter belt, and has schooled maidana,,

Yes these guys are b+ fighters, and bradley handled them like the A-level fighter he is,,,
                  /thread.

People only think of the WW, money grab version of Bradley.

I'd fight at a non optimal weight class for 7 figure paydays as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    He was certainly not the underdog against Peterson or Alexander.
                    Sure he was, I could probably find entire threads dedicated to how Alexander was the next Floyd Mayweather and going to chew Bradley up and spit him out. Peterson was supposed to be too tough for Bradley, many thought he was going to lose. The common perception is that Tim is a regional level talent, not good enough for world class level competition yet he keeps on winning. Tim had to go to foreign territory just to get a title shot.....the guy is a constant under dog.

As an illustration, here are the odds for the JMM fight off of Bovada:

Thomas & Mack Center - Las Vegas, Nevada
                    WBO welterweight title
                    Both Must Fight For Action
                    11:00p

Juan Manuel Marquez

Timothy "Desert Storm" Bradley

+135

As you can see, yet again, Bradley is an underdog.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      [/B]

Well Abregu is a top ranked WW based on a couple of wins over unproven guys at WW, but the win looks better in hindsight. Alexander did school Maidana, but at WW, I don't think that's as big an accomplishment as it sounds, as much I hate Broner, I think he'll dominate Maidana too. He has good wins no doubt, but he defintely has looked worse at WW and that is his current weight class. That has to play a factor IMO in how you rate him.

Comment

Working...
                      X