Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timothy Bradley, overrated or underrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jas View Post
    Above average hand and foot speed

Iron chin

Big heart

Versatile

Extremely determined

Good stamina

Experienced against top level

Lacks power

Good skills, can fight inside and outside

He doesn't have extraordinary innate abilities other than an iron chin but for me, the fact that he's been able to amass the resume that he has is very impressive.
    It's why I respect Bernard Hopkins so much

Bradley is underrated by some fl0mos who have an agenda to want to diminish any win pacquaio has.

He is underrated by those who put a lot of stock into natural abilities such as power
    He's good at a great many things but only has a great chin and super human determination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      At the time? Mayweather, Ward, Rigo, Klitschko, Marquez, Martinez, Froch...can't remember who else I had.

Right now I'd probably put guys like Gonzalez, Crawford and Kovalev above him too.
      martinez did nothing the entire year but arguably lose to martin murray, bradley had two good wins that year, clearly(as hard fought as it was) beat provodnikov, and marquez, so why would you have marquez ahead of him?

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        martinez did nothing the entire year but arguably lose to martin murray, bradley had two good wins that year, clearly(as hard fought as it was) beat provodnikov, and marquez, so why would you have marquez ahead of him?
        I thought both of those fights could have gone either way. I think I scored the Marquez fight a draw, it wasn't exactly impressive. I had Sergio there on merit from previous performances even though I thought he lost to Murray.

I need to see a P4P fighter put on a great display. When has Bradley ever done that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          I thought both of those fights could have gone either way. I think I scored the Marquez fight a draw, it wasn't exactly impressive. I had Sergio there on merit from previous performances even though I thought he lost to Murray.

I need to see a P4P fighter put on a great display. When has Bradley ever done that?
          I am still wondering myself. You mentioned earlier in this thread his "big wins," and in none of those wins did he look very impressive to me.

Comment

• Hes currently one of the most overrated welterweights. Had a good campaign at 140, but really hasn't done anything impressive at 147, definitely not enough to be so highly regarded.

Comment

• He thoroughly handled Marquez. The first time I watched the fight, I really wanted Marquez to beat him and win that 5th title he's been chasing, so I had it 115-113 for Bradley. I rewatched it because posters who's opinions I respect had it on much wider margins. He beat Marquez with his skill and athleticism.

Comment

Working...
              X