Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timothy Bradley, overrated or underrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    I rank guys on how they match up vs everyone else,,,,,
    And bradley is clearly leagues above khan, peterson, garcia, etc

i love when people say ruslan is just a FNF fighter,,, doesnt everyone get their start on FNF....

Ruslan showed he is a legit fighter, and deserves to be on hbo/showtime

ANd tim didnt look good because he thought ruslan was just a FNF and he could ko him early,,, it backfired but bradley showed will, heart, determination, and pulled out a victory,,,,
    In a rematch bradley would box the ears off him, and it wouldbt be close,,,

Haters base bradley's ranking on one fight, anyone with any clue will judge by the body of work, and bradley's resume is about as good as it gets and only gets beat by a ward, froch, manny, jmm, mares
    1st, I don't think Ruslan is an FNF fighter, I'm just saying going into the fight, he wasn't viewed as someone who trouble Bradley, especially in his first fight at WW. Bradley has a decent resume, but I'm not gonna give him credit for Pacquiao, regardless of what the official decision was.

Vazquez, Witter, Holt, Campbell, Peterson, Abregu, Provodnikov, etc. Is anyone there above a B-level fighter honestly?

Comment

The thing about tim is

he is a hard out for anyone, including the super elite like floyd, manny, jmm....

Bradley comes to fight,, lacks power,, so he just has to become a pitbull and grab ahold of you and wont let go till after 12 rounds have passed,,,,

Look he made peterson, abregu, alexander, all look like amateurs in there, club fighters,,
      yet all those guys went on to big wins.....

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        But do you rank him based on how he would look at his best weight class or the weight class he chosen to currently fight in? That's my issue with this, an issue a few fighters today have.
        This is how I see it. If he would've stayed at 140, and ran the division like Lucas and Danny are right now, he'd undoubtedly be top 3-5 P4P, right now, EASILY.

Since he moved up for the Pacquiao fight, his image has been severely tarnished.

After the Prov fight, people think he's a bum now.

I call that being underrated as hell. I personally think he was starting to get his bearings at WW, until he decided to impress the fans against Prov.

If he didn't take that beating against Prov, I like his chances against JMM even more. As of this moment, I give him the slight edge or 50/50 fight.

I think Bradley is the type of guy that JMM doesn't want to fight. A guy that gets inside on you, and can make you miss a whole lotta shots, while tagging you with the occasional head butts.

Comment

1st, I don't think Ruslan is an FNF fighter, I'm just saying going into the fight, he wasn't viewed as someone who trouble Bradley, especially in his first fight at WW. Bradley has a decent resume, but I'm not gonna give him credit for Pacquiao, regardless of what the official decision was.

Vazquez, Witter, Holt, Campbell, Peterson, Abregu, Provodnikov, etc. Is anyone there above a B-level fighter honestly?
          What about quitter, Alexander?

Who else made Alexander look like a fraud like that?

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post

Kotelnik was far more impressive against Alexander in the fight prior to the Bradley fight.

Comment

This is how I see it. If he would've stayed at 140, and ran the division like Lucas and Danny are right now, he'd undoubtedly be top 3-5 P4P, right now, EASILY.

Since he moved up for the Pacquiao fight, his image has been severely tarnished.

After the Prov fight, people think he's a bum now.

I call that being underrated as hell. I personally think he was starting to get his bearings at WW, until he decided to impress the fans against Prov.

If he didn't take that beating against Prov, I like his chances against JMM even more. As of this moment, I give him the slight edge or 50/50 fight.

I think Bradley is the type of guy that JMM doesn't want to fight. A guy that gets inside on you, and can make you miss a whole lotta shots, while tagging you with the occasional head butts.
              If Bradley's footwork is still there, that is Marquez's biggest issue, a fighter who can move and not let him set his feet. I see 50-50, with maybe a slight advantage to Marquez, just because of the unknown of how he's going to respond to Provodnikov fight.

Comment

Underrated. Sure, he looks sloppy sometimes but he is the constant underdog. Supposed to lose to Witter, Peterson, Alexander, Pac, etc. In most fights though, he looks awesome to me, his ability to switch up his approach and make adjustments on the fly is impressive. He can win on the inside, outside, has great movement, excellent combination punching, heart.

I think people get caught up in the moments when he looks sloppy and they let it blur out the moments that he was slipping punches and landing 5 punch combinations. Other fighters never quite look sloppy but they never quite look like they are controlling the fights either. Bradley gives up a little bit of flashiness in exchange for effective control and a blue-collar approach to putting in work. People want flawless execution but that isn't real life. Real life is getting your hands dirty and outworking others.

Comment

Yeah, Dirk beat me to it. Kotelnik looked better against him and got blatantly robbed in St. Lou.

Comment

But the RING's P4P top 10 is a complete joke, we all know that. You honestly think he's as skilled as Mares? Mares' ability to adjust to a wide range of styles is more impressive to me than Bradley, who regardless of why you think he fought the way he did, was brawling with a guy who's only chance of winning was making Bradley brawl with him.

He's not as talented as Donaire, who I thought was also overrated, but he couldn't do to top WW what Donaire did to Montiel, not just the KO, but just being that much better than his opponent, to dominate an elite WW.

If Sergio and Bradley were the same weight, I think Sergio would school him, but obviously with the injuries it's hard to be so sure now.

I think Froch, Mares, Rigondeaux, Klistchko, Pacquiao, Martinez, Donaire, and Gonzalez are better P4P than Bradley. He's obviously rated, but I don't think he's above top 15 right now.
                    Actually thats Bradley's biggest asset, the way he adapts to any style!

Mares is not better skilled than Bradley!

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Underrated. Sure, he looks sloppy sometimes but he is the constant underdog. Supposed to lose to Witter, Peterson, Alexander, Pac, etc.
                      He was certainly not the underdog against Peterson or Alexander.

Comment

Working...
                      X