Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's more talented/skilled,Mayweather Jr or Rigondeaux ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djeffectz View Post
    are you kidding me, Rigo, He beat the number 3 p4p in the world in his early career, he still improving, hes going to be scary
    He's 32. He's not going to get much better. If anything he will regress. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Comment

Floyd not getting knocked down against Mosley was due to his skill. What you call dirty tactics is skill and any boxer would do it if they knew how and were in Floyd's situation. Rigondeaux didn't know how which is why he got knocked down by Donaire - he didn't know how to hold. The comparison with Castillo is inexact for 2 reasons. 1) Castillo>>>>>>>>>>>Cordoba. 2) Floyd was injured. Also Floyd avenged that Controversy.
      Yeah but Cordoba didn't beat Rigo, he just made him look bad. Castillo made Floyd look bad and arguably beat him.

The thing is the fact that Rigondeax came good so early in his pro career is nothing to do with talent. He is talented of course but he came good so early in his pro career because he'd already refined his skills.

Also, when Zab got knocked down against Floyd it was a balance knockdown in which only his glove touched the Canvas. Rigondeaux has been properly put down.

The poll results speak for themselves. Mayweather is the most hated fighter around and he is winning this 7;3

I never said Rigo has better chin than Floyd, but he was KD also, I don't care if he sat on his ass or not, his hand touched the canvas after he got hit - it's a KD. Also having the better chin has nothing to do with skills.

I couldn't care less what poll results look like, Rigo has been very underrated on this forum until Donaire fight, and even after still many people don't rate him that high. Floyd has much more fans on this forum so poll result doesn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
        Floyd is a lot lot better. There is so much overrating Rigo it's unbelievable. Rigo still has an amateur style and has displayed no versatility. Yes it works and is great but he hasn't got the versatility of Floyd (or hasn't show it) and benefits hugely from being a southpaw. The only thing I give him over Floyd is power. Rigondeaux has beat 1 good fighter so hasn't proven he's anywhere near as talented as Floyd in the pro game.
        I want all my boxer have amateur style,I going to have all champion

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
          He's 32. He's not going to get much better. If anything he will regress. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
          He doesn't need any new tricks.

More pro experience is about all he needs, and he'll get that.

Comment

Rigondeaux just displayed his skills & talent against a top p4p, something Floyd hasn't done. He refused flat out when he had his chance to do so against Manny. It was pretty much a punch perfect performance.

Floyd is exceptional in the ring but until I see him display it at the highest level - against Lara or Lucas after he trashes Danny then its Rigo all day.
            For the record I pick both of those guys to beat Floyd (I've never picked anyone over him before). He gets no respect from me for public executions & beating flat-footed hypejobs like Canelo.

Fan of his skills & such just not his opposition, excuse making, money persona

Comment

Floyd is more proven. Rigo is more God-gifted.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                Floyd is more proven. Rigo is more God-gifted.

Good way to put.

Comment

Differnt type of styles. Just from the Donaire fight it seems like Rigo uses less energy to win fights. While Floyd has to be more mobile to win fights useing more energy.

Funny thing, i was watching Camacho vs. Mancini yesterday on espn and i could swear that Camacho looked like Floyd in the ring, weird. I actually enjoyed the fight which shows just how much boxing has changed though its going back to bang, wham style again.

Comment

Both are a Trainers Dream, so technically sound, highly skilled and smart. Hard to pick which one is "MORE" talented/skilled overall. Mayweather Offensively I think is more well rounded while Rigondeaux is a masterful Counter Puncher and is at his best when his opponent comes to him. Mayweather is the master at dictating the pace of the fight, he can get his opponents to fight the way he wants them to fight.
                    Last edited by sicko; 06-17-2013, 01:43 PM.

Comment

In terms of pure technical skills, I think Rigo's skill set are more advanced than Floyd's skill set. In terms of being a complete all-around boxer, Floyd is more complete. Rigo isn't a good inside fighter or at least that's what it seems.

Comment

Working...
                      X