Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's more talented/skilled,Mayweather Jr or Rigondeaux ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigo is an extremely one dimensional fighter to me. I've never seen him do anything much different. He's great at what he does but he's pretty much all about the left hand, be it to the body or head. If he wasn't a southpaw relying almost exclusively on the backhand probably wouldn't be as effective.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilGenius View Post
      Floyd... AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE... Stupid Thread.
      Agreed. Mayweather is proven. Rigo has much to prove, but no doubt he's a hell of a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilGenius View Post
        Floyd... AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE... Stupid Thread.
        Yeah MoneyMay by far let me say that again by far!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
          GTFO, Rigo has superior footwork, speed, accuracy, timing. He's even the better defensive fighter than Floyd.
          Even though Mayweather is more past his prime than Rigo, he is better or at least equal in most if not all of these areas in my view. Footwork you could argue perhaps but I still don't agree because the only reason people think Rigo has better footwork is because of his comparatively one dimensional defence. He might be faster than Floyd but probably not pound for pound and definitely not pound for pound prime for prime. He has definitely not got better timing, accuracy or defence, though you might argue he's equal in some of these aspects. Don't get me wrong, Rigo is very skilled, but he's shown himself to be pretty one dimensional and one handed unlike Floyd. He's only proven himself against one fighter.
          Last edited by stefl14; 06-17-2013, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Both fighters are very highly skilled but Floyd is the more complete fighter. Rigo is a great counter puncher and sharp defensively. Floyd can do all that and more. Rigos been with 4 trainers in 13 fights and they all say the same thing, that they cant get Rigo to come out of his shell and be more offensive.

But I dont blame Rigo for that. He turned pro late and he is just going with what got him to where he is at. Nothing wrong with arguably being the best counter puncher in boxing.
            Last edited by StarPower; 06-17-2013, 10:29 AM.

Comment

He beat the p4p no.4 in only his 12th fight. His amateur career was 374-12.

It's pretty obvious it's Rigondeaux.

Comment

i think most people agree throwing punches opens you up more and is riskier, you have to have more skills to throw punches, and not get hit

floyd throws alot more than rigondeaux, who when he feels he might get punched back, will resort to the amatuer system of touching his opponent more than he is touched

that and the obvious floyd is more versatile so it should obviously equal to being more skilled

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post

but rigo beating nonito was as much about nonito's lack of skill as it wasd rigo's boxing. nonito not being able to deal with movement doesn't make rigo more skilled than floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post

What a pathetic statement. The guy was what 32 when he beat the p4p #4? This hardly makes him more talented. Also, amateur records are irrelevant here.

Comment

Originally posted by DJR005 View Post
                      Hate their styles/attitudes outside the ring all u want ( and ill admit I don't care for PBFs choice of opposition most of the time) but these 2 guys are in a class above all others when it comes to their skills or God given natural talent. In your opinion who is the more gifted of the 2?
                      I love brawlers, I love counter punchers and I love good defence but above all I love watching Rigo. Watching him I am amazed at how he ducks, slips and counters so perfectly. It's almost as if the guy lives 2 seconds into the future. Floyd is amazing to watch too but owes a lot to his high elbow and jab/grab, arm trapping moves. I feel Rigo is better skilled but Floyd has obviously been tested more as a pro and defeated all put before him.

Comment

Working...
                      X