No announcement yet.

Forbes says Mayweather lost Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
    This is nothing more than speculation. Unless they provide some proof from legitimate sources, it is no different than Fat Dan Rafael citing anonymous sources for his bogus PPV numbers. In fact, their story is probably based on Fat Dan' lie.
    Lol did people ask for sources when may was on their list as a top earner in 2013 yet only fight once this year?

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
      The link TS posted is censored for me so I can't read it. If they're referencing Dan Rafael's numbers that's already been debunked by Showtime. All I can find on what Forbes is saying is that Mayweather could make 50 million against Alvarez.

Which makes zero sense. We know Mayweather just got handed a guaranteed massive 50 million plus payday by Showtime yet they have him listed as earning 30 million and he's much further down the list. Mayweather is still up top, Forbes are just twisting the numbers on this one. Another problem is that they have Floyd's sponsorship money listed as ZERO. As I understand it Floyd actually does have some sponsorships contrary to popular to belief.

Then there's the other suspect factor, why the hell are both Manny and Mayweather listed side by side as earning 34 million each? Are we supposed to believe Mayweather's purse alone just happens to add up to be exactly the same as Manny's purse AND sponsorship? What are the odds of that? Manny has deals with computer companies, Mc Donalds, Nike, that peanut company or whatever, among others. Guaranteed he is getting more than 8 million sponsorship.

They're just being grouped together because that's how people view them - as two sides of the same coin. What are the odds these guys earn the exact same amount of money as each other like that? Wlad and Vitali are also once again missing from the list for some odd reason. The last guy on the list earns 16 million. We know for a fact the bros have a 15 million euro deal with RTL, that's almost 20 million dollars. That doesn't even include their purse, sponsorship money or advertising revenue. In Eastern and central Europe they are the most watched shows in town. Wlad at least made an appearance last year but now he's absent? These lists always try and ignore international athletes, and then to just throw in a few foreign names to their overwhelmingly american list to mix it up.
      Where are your sources that may got 50 million?

Who sponsors him?

Comment

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
        ever heard of sony.they lost at least 100 million annually on ps3.they didnt turn a profit on it until this past year.12 mil is a drop in the bucket to any major network or corporation,particualry that business profit margins are usually quarterly.
        Guess who had to sell their buildings to make money? Yes, Sony.

Comment

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
          carlos garcia lost about 5 billion last year.12 million aint **** to wealthy people and corporations
          This is a TV company. A lost represents less viewers/sales than expected. It means something.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
            not suprised, one bit. people arent buyin all these whak azz fights no mo"
            Guess people got tired of all the cherry picking that ended up in a boring 12UD that were as exciting as watching MTV Teen mom.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              Dude their boxing budget for last year was 28m. 12m is 43%, that's ridiculous. HBO's was just a few mil more, so if SHO invested those 12 into their boxing programming, they would have dwarfed HBO. Remember when HBO's budget was all messed up when they committed like an extra 3m for Bradley and Devon's next fight?
              dude,they know their budget better than you.and how they could compute this loss is a mystery

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Your playstation idea is ******ed. What was considered expensive in 1995 or whenever PS1 was invented is probably more of a factor than it is today given the rapid advance in technology over the past 5 years.

All I need to know is how many fights are in Floyd's deal, the "alleged" amount of money lost from this one (1) fight, and I can tell you how deep they [Showtime] will be in the hole given a certain amount of time, that's simple arithmetic - kids learn that before they are 10 years old, no magic here

Sony and Nintendo are in business because they know what works, everything they do is calculated and based on empirical data. There are no risks, they have a guarantee that simply needs time to pass in order to satisfy the return on investment.
                good thing you arent on anybodys investment board.by your logic because this fight alledgely lost showtime 12 million i guess the rest of his fights will 12 mill also lol.please let us see this formula for predicting what floyds unamed opponents will generate in revenue or losses lol

ok man lol.so i guess sony didnt take total loses on psp and vita.no risks involved in business lol.so because they calculated a profit i guess that means they absolutely must reach it.why dont you google their vita forecast lol.my god.where in the hell did you people get your business degrees from lol.no risks in business because they calculate numbers lol.whoa

Comment

Floyd is a draw. But being a draw doesn't mean that you can just pick any Joe Blow and rake in the numbers. The only people that knew who the Ghost was that I've had contact with outside of the scene were my family members because we follow the sport. No one else knew who he was. But the real killer was they charged 70 bucks for that card.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Chief View Post
                    This is a TV company. A lost represents less viewers/sales than expected. It means something.
                    In the eyes of fanboys it means Floyd is not the best fighter in the world lol go figure .

Comment

Come on guys this is SHOWTIME. 1 episode of DEXTER makes more money for showtime than a Mayweather fight, they are just paying him that much for more exposure to new viewers. Sometimes loss in profit is worth it in longterm.

Comment

Working...
                      X