Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forbes says Mayweather lost Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve Forbes lost a lot more than $12 million running for president and getting less votes than a Peter McNeeley comeback PPV.

I'm just sayin'.

If a $12 million loss on one show was the price to get an exclusive deal with GBP, leaving HBO with only Arum's aging and limited stable, it positions Showtime to take over and is thus a great investment.

What Showtime makes or loses in one PPV with Money May isn't what matters -- it's what happens over the course of the contract, and if they lose money on a PPV but gain a bigger share of the market by strengthening their boxing programming and taking away customers from HbO then it's a very sound investment.

Comment

Originally posted by Juof View Post
      Probs why he's been making 6 million dollar bets to make up for the ppv flop
      Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
      Forbes doesn't even have him listed as the highest paid athlete anymore. It was funny because his stans were loving that he was.
      Originally posted by MELLY-MEL... View Post
      Floyd never was, and is never gonna be the monster draw he claims he is.
      Look up the definition of "guaranteed" and Mayweather was guaranteed $32 million. He didn't take a hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash13 View Post
        I hope floyd doesn't ever jump of a bridge because there might be the biggest mass suicide this country has ever seen.... Show time is in the business of making money and they are not "comfortable" losing almost half their boxing budget. When they signed the contract I am 100% sure they did not foresee losing a dime on any fight. There is a reason hbo said no... They always seem to make the right boxing moves. Desperation moves are bad for business and this is just another example. I bet show time put pressure on floyd to fight canelo like he has never felt before, and even if the fight is extremely successful I doubt show time makes up the 12m loss.
        im pretty sure the canelo fight will make it just fine we all know that

Comment

thats what happen when ur cherrypicking too much floyd, ****** people starts to realize u bulcr@ping them

Comment

With Netflix and Youtube, these big cable channels can't afford to blow money like they use to.

Any company loses $12 million (at least) and its a major loss that goes all the way to the top.

Due to the amount of media coverage when the deal was first announced, I knew they would give him one more chance. SHO/CBS only cares about profits so they will definitely lower his guarantee but by how much? I'm thinking $20-24 million.

Comment

Are people still talking about this??? Floyd made more than $32 mil, showtime says they didn't take a loss, we have Floyd vs. Canelo being talked about as one of the biggest sports events this year, golden boy keeps making excellent shows and they have even more lined up to end the year. What's the issue? This deal is working out for everyone except the internet numbers crunchers and random industry insiders who probably come from the other side (HBO). I'm honestly confused as to why ppl want this to be the truth? Because u hate Floyd? Showtime has gotten more high profile than anytime previous in history. They are doing just fine. Stop wasting your time speculating on crap u clearly don't understand. If showtime takes a loss, it'll be all over they quarterly earning reports. As of right now, boxing fans are getting what they want so who the hell cares? Not boxing fans that's for sure

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                Are people still talking about this??? Floyd made more than $32 mil, showtime says they didn't take a loss, we have Floyd vs. Canelo being talked about as one of the biggest sports events this year, golden boy keeps making excellent shows and they have even more lined up to end the year. What's the issue? This deal is working out for everyone except the internet numbers crunchers and random industry insiders who probably come from the other side (HBO). I'm honestly confused as to why ppl want this to be the truth? Because u hate Floyd? Showtime has gotten more high profile than anytime previous in history. They are doing just fine. Stop wasting your time speculating on crap u clearly don't understand. If showtime takes a loss, it'll be all over they quarterly earning reports. As of right now, boxing fans are getting what they want so who the hell cares? Not boxing fans that's for sure
                end of thread

Comment

Originally posted by Augustane View Post
                  It's partly Showtime's own damn fault for not promoting the fight at all.
                  this

you could have Justin Bieber fight 50 Cent. If the fight ain't promoted well; you'll make a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
                    Didn't you stans say that people just wanted to see Floyd fight no matter what? Why would there need to be massive promotion for someone who everyone apparently wants to see?
                    What? What are you talking about? Here you go assuming I am a fan of someone just because I made a true statement. This is why I hate this forum sometimes. Bunch of idiots like you read a comment and then assume and get emotional. I barely even like Mayweather and now I am his "stan" because I made an honest post on the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                      With Netflix and Youtube, these big cable channels can't afford to blow money like they use to.

Any company loses $12 million (at least) and its a major loss that goes all the way to the top.

Due to the amount of media coverage when the deal was first announced, I knew they would give him one more chance. SHO/CBS only cares about profits so they will definitely lower his guarantee but by how much? I'm thinking $20-24 million.
                      Nobody knows what's in that contract, but i know it will probably be very good confirmed $$$ for each fight or he wouldn't have signed a long contract.

Comment

Working...
                      X