Forbes says Mayweather lost Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MatchMaker215 View Post
    So that's why he's fighting Canelo...
    Who cares why? Im just excited for it! Im not invested in showtime so doesnt matter to me.

Comment

• Floyd is a draw I mean to get 900k buys fighting guerrero is impressive however he's not the draw he thought he was force feeding fans cherry picks and having 30+ mil guarantees. For those who say this fight broke a mil or made money stop drinking the showtime Coolaid. Deep down you know if this fight did either of those things floyd would be fighting Alexander... He probably tried to sell them on it and showtime sat him down and said you are fighting canelo or else. I hope the canelo fight bombs cause then were gaurented PAC and I know the fight is not even close to what it should be but it has historical significance IMO. Everyone said tyson holyfield was pointless and ****** and that's the fight that really got me into boxing.
      Last edited by Flash13; 06-10-2013, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post

I hope you're joking lmfao.

Some people would literally take a bullet to defend their ****** God.
        Floyd doesn't even represent the ****** lol. Most of the people I know that are from the ****** call Floyd a ducker.

Boxing fans I know that come from a ****** are mostly Pacquiao fans, because they know the guy can ****.
        Last edited by DARKSEID; 06-10-2013, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Somebody is getting fired at showtime for this floyd deal...

yeah they could recoup some money on the canelo fight, but then what..

None of floyd's possible 2014 opponents are going to do that much better than the ghost fight..

especially if the floyd-canelo fight is massively hyped and turns into a snoozer...
          Floyd ppv buys will plummet in the future

Comment

• Originally posted by CLUE View Post
            Mayweather’s guarantee for the Guerrero fight was $32 million, tied for the biggest ever in boxing, but his additional haul from his cut of PPV revenue is expected to be minimal. The large Mayweather guarantee and significant promotional budget resulted in a loss of as much as $12 million for Showtime for the fight, according to one source. A Showtime spokesperson described the purported losses as “pure fiction” and characterized the unnamed industry source as “badly misinformed.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbade...t-payday-ever/

For those asking for a workable link. Still no real solid info really.
            So this whole thread is based on 1 particular rumor that Forbes doesn't even necessarily cosign, yet all the haters are in here high-fiving grab-assing each other? *facepalm* I'm convinced that the average IQ of posters here is below 80?

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post

I hope you're joking lmfao.

Some people would literally take a bullet to defend their ****** God.
              I stand by what I said. Losing $12 million won't destroy the company and can be recouped in the future. Showtime is owned by CBS, the most watched TV network. CBS made a NET PROFIT of $363 million in 2012, up 80% from $202 million in 2011. It's not the end of the world.

Go outside and play now you idiot.

Comment

• Even if they lost 12 mil the maywheater deal got them alot of subscibers so...at least we get the fight that we wanna see

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Chief View Post
                  Guess who had to sell their buildings to make money? Yes, Sony.
                  if sony only lost 12 million,they wouldnt have sold the building lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Chief View Post
                    This is a TV company. A lost represents less viewers/sales than expected. It means something.
                    thats not what a loss represents lol.please dont ever give out business advice

Comment

• Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
                      if sony only lost 12 million,they wouldnt have sold the building lol
                      How much profit will they make with Canelo? Will it do much more than 12 Mil plus profit? Who knows but a lost is a lost. No business wants that.

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
                      thats not what a loss represents lol.please dont ever give out business advice
                      In this case, if the lost is true, then not enough people paid for the PPV. It represents less viewers/buyers than projected.

You are a ****** BTW. Is a 12 Mil lost a good thing?

Comment

Working...
                      X